PDA

View Full Version : FO's - Striped Legwarmers and Caplet

mdog182
04-16-2007, 10:13 PM
yay, first fo post!! sooo the first picture is of some stiped legwarmers i made for my sister (she can pull off this kind of stuff). she had mentioned that she wanted to get some and i knew i had a pattern and i wanted to try magic loop so voila! they were kinda boring to make so it took me a while to make them but i am soooo happy that they are done. i used wool-ease and tlc.

the second picture is of an anthropologie inspired caplet. it is the first one i made and i REALLY want to make another one now. i think i will make the second one a little bit longer...i was sooo worried about making sure the sleeves were going to be the right circumfrence that i didn't think too much about the length. it is still cute though. i also made it out of wool ease......does anyone know what i should do about the edging that is curling up? i thought that since it is garter stitch that it would not curl but as you can see......i'm thinking that since it is machine washable and dryable maybe after i do that, it will flatten out? maybe??

sara_jayne
04-16-2007, 11:27 PM
Wonderful job!

stacy.duval
04-17-2007, 06:42 AM
Very nice! Did you try blocking it? That might help with the curling.

baronreads
04-17-2007, 07:46 AM
Great job on both! Love those leg warmers!! TFS

marykz
04-17-2007, 09:17 AM
those are adorable. From experience (I've made a pile of the capelets) blocking will help. (even if it is acrylic) I soaked mine in water, and layed them out between layers of a towel, and put a weight on top. They all dried nice and flat. Isn't the capelet pattern fun? I just love it.

KathyinCali
04-17-2007, 10:54 AM
They both look wonderful. I love your cape :)

mdog182
04-17-2007, 11:11 AM
:teehee: awww gee thanks for all the nice comments guys!

those are adorable. From experience (I've made a pile of the capelets) blocking will help. (even if it is acrylic) I soaked mine in water, and layed them out between layers of a towel, and put a weight on top. They all dried nice and flat. Isn't the capelet pattern fun? I just love it.

ok that's what i was wondering, about the blocking and the acrylic. do you also wet the towels, or use dry towels? thanks so much!

marykz
04-17-2007, 11:25 AM
dry towels- I actually use the microfiber ones that you see on TV for drying hair fast.(they suck up a lot more water than the regular towels)... but any dry towel will do... I know some folks just machine wash and gentle dry the acrlics, but I like to flatten them out a little. if you use regular (dry) towels, you may want to change them every so often as they absorb all the moisture.

mdog182
04-17-2007, 12:52 PM
thanks!! :thumbsup: