PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Newberg Oregon

Pamela Sterling
04-17-2007, 10:13 AM
Hello,
I have already made use of the site and had a problem worked out with your help. Thanks so much for the resource. I have it bookmarked and hope to visit often.
Pammie

auburnchick
04-17-2007, 10:19 AM
Welcome!

:waving:

dustinac
04-17-2007, 10:29 AM
:cheering: Welcome to the forum!!

orcoastknitter
04-17-2007, 10:36 AM
Welcome, I'm in Florence, OR :cheering:

Wrennn
04-17-2007, 10:55 AM
Welcome! I'm over in in Yamhill, OR! :waving:

KathyinCali
04-17-2007, 12:15 PM
Welcome from SoCal :waving:

newamy
04-17-2007, 12:26 PM
:waving:
Hi there, I'm over in Corvallis!
Welcome!

Jan in CA
04-17-2007, 12:51 PM
Welcome to KH!!

Michele
04-17-2007, 02:20 PM
Welcome to the forums. I am in Eastern Washington now, but I grew up in Scholls, Oregon, halfway between Newberg and Hillsboro. We used to call people from Newberg "Newbergers".

Michele

Pamela Sterling
04-17-2007, 04:06 PM
I guess that makes me a NewNewberger. I've been here a year and a half and I love this area. It is so beautiful out here. We just got the hill and garden area cleared yesterday.
I just recently took up spinning. I am a disabled RN and have found myself with the gift of time and decided to put it to use learning. I just love learning. Anyway, I ordered up a spinning wheel, watched a video on utube and jumped in. It's turning out pretty good.
I look forward to peeking in on the spinning forum found on this site as well.
Pammie

BostonBecca
04-17-2007, 09:12 PM
Welcome! I went to middle school and high school in Portland, OR and get back there about once a year to see family.

md21
04-17-2007, 11:31 PM
Hello! I'm down in Roseburg. I'd love to help you out with yarn shops, but I haven't found any myself. I guess there's a good one in bandon, and I saw one in Coos Bay. And of course Portland is like yarn city. But anyway, welcome!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-17-2007, 11:40 PM
Hi Pammie! Welcome to KH!

Check the Knitters Knear You forum to hook up with other knitters in your area; we've had large groups from IL/IA/ID and NC get together on several occasions!

Feel free to PM any of the mods if you have any questions.

Pamela Sterling
04-18-2007, 12:56 PM
If you ever get to McMinnville, Borsma's is a great little yarn shop; as a matter of fact, they have a quilting store on the adjacent corner and there is an art supply store and headshop all in the same little block. Needless to say I could spend hours.
However, my budget doesn't match my taste or appetite for yarn and so I have taken up spinning and loving every minute of it.

Right now I am working on a cardigan for my DH and it is the natural color of the wool. I did not dye it. The wool is Icelandic and is just beautiful. I get it from Annie on Dolce Farms. She is a knitter as well, and when she skirts the fleeces, she is very thorough. I have never seen such beautiful fleeces. She has lambs and ewes. The cardigan I am making is a combination of lambswool and ewe that is unbelievably soft. It is the first time I have done inset pockets, that is how I found you guys.

orcoastknitter
04-18-2007, 12:59 PM
There are two good stores in Eugene.

I have been to both shops in Bandon and Coos Bay. They both are pretty good.

I am an equal distance away from Newport, Eugene and Coos Bay.

Wrennn
04-18-2007, 01:50 PM
Was in Boersma's yesterday! They're having their spring cleaning sale this week. :happydance: Needless to say I added to my stash a little :teehee: Mostly some niiiiice sock yarn!

Pamela- Do you spin with a wheel or by drop spindle? I recently took a drop spindle class at the Knitting Bee in swPDX. I enjoy it....but it's not as easy as it looks! I need a LOT of practice, lol.

Pamela Sterling
04-18-2007, 02:41 PM
I bought a drop spindle right before my wheel arrived just to get the feel of spinning. I love my wheel. I got it off ebay from Holland. It is a Louett. It has been a great wheel so far. I have been spinning for a couple of months now. I really enjoy it.

TheMabeses
04-19-2007, 10:50 AM
Welcome, from Salem, Oregon!