PDA

View Full Version : knitting dilemma

katiebug081504
04-17-2007, 06:46 PM
I don't know what I want to make next....it's frustrating because my hands are yearning to knit! I know I want something I can finish fast..

madametj
04-17-2007, 06:49 PM
what kind of things have you tried so far? I know a lot of ppl here likemaking socks. dishclothes are great for trying out different stitches.

katiebug081504
04-17-2007, 06:52 PM
I have tons of cotton for dishcloths. I plan on making my mom a lot of kitchen stuff for her birthday..which isn't until November, so I kind of deserted the idea. I thought about a scarf..but it's getting warm so that probably isn't the GREATEST idea.

marykz
04-17-2007, 06:53 PM
novelty yarn scarves are fast and gift-able... washcloths are fun and fast... cell phone cozies, small purses, are all fun ideas... shrug-type sweaters are a little longer but still pretty quick depending on the yarn you have.... check the free patterns here for accessories/ kitchen stuff/ fun stuff...

katiebug081504
04-17-2007, 07:06 PM
it's not that I don't know what I want to knit...it's that there is sooo much that I don't know what to do next!

brendajos
04-17-2007, 08:16 PM
ask your yarn what it wants to be!

knitqueen
04-17-2007, 08:39 PM
If you want to do a scarf, you could do one that is airy and lacy that is not meant for warmth. Something like this (http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring05/PATTbranchingout.html), which isn't as difficult as it looks at first glance.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-17-2007, 08:44 PM
I agree wirth KQ!!! And maybe browse around knitty in general; they have lots of small projects.

katiebug081504
04-17-2007, 08:49 PM
who likes granny sqaures?! I know I do..becoming quite obsessed. My fingers decided they would rather crochet instead, so I'm doing a granny squares dishcloth...I also have a pattern for a granny squares afghan..and purse..ahhhh

dakatzmeow
04-18-2007, 10:37 AM
would you be interested in knitting the water bottle carriers i've been meaning to do for my dd's? :roflhard:

i even have a pattern, i just can't get started. i want to dig in and finish this hoodie. why, i don't know. it's getting to warm for a wool hoodie. duh!

GinnyG
04-18-2007, 03:31 PM
ask your yarn what it wants to be!
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

barbieb12
04-19-2007, 01:34 AM
I recently knit two darling little cell phone cases - one for my daughter and one for me. I found the pattern on the Lion Brand Yarn web site. Click on the free knitting patterns - and you can download, print and knit. They only take about two hrs and are great for using up scraps of yarn!! I am going to knit up a bunch of them for my friends, I know they will love them.
Have fun! If you can't find the pattern, let me know, I will send it to you!
:muah:

nuknitter
04-19-2007, 04:53 PM
Toootally know what you mean - am in a bit of a rut myself (too much knitting on a now too-warm wrap in the winter), so I knit myself a Pasha the Penguin. Now I'm stuck on knitting toys!!

I had no idea how much joy and giggles I'd get from their cuteness, and there just seems so much less pressure when I do them - right fit? right color? right size? WHO CARES!! It's been a good break - especially from someone who never thought they'd knit toys!! :cheering: