PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

habbyworld
04-18-2007, 05:05 AM
I just thought i`d say hello to everyone. Does anyone know where i can get a decent knitting and sewing magazine in the UK ?

DQ
04-18-2007, 05:11 AM
Knitting magazines - 'Knitting', 'Simply Knitting' and 'Knit Today' You can get them from places with large magazine sections like WHSmith, larger Tescos, Asdas and Sainsburys do them too although not always all of them. I've had all three of them, my personal favourite is 'Simply Knitting'. You can usually find any sewing magazines in the same sections although I've never bought any.

DQ
04-18-2007, 05:15 AM
Here's the 'Simply Knitting' website. I've just seen some interesting info on there...

The Bumper Book of Knitting
We've been working hard putting together a fab collection of the most popular patterns from the early days of Simply Knitting. It's called The Bumper Book of Knitting and we've just received our first copies, hot off the printer! And I must say, we're very pleased with how it's turned out. It's got gorgeous patterns for the whole family, new stitches to try for every month of the year and loads of hints and tips, it's an extra large helping of everything you love about our magazine.

Oh - and Alan Dart's gnomes! We couldn't leave them out, could we?

The Bumper Book of Knitting will be available