PDA

View Full Version : Oddball CARE Shawls (Triangle)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Mariblue
07-27-2007, 11:20 AM
Ok, here's a pic of the earthtones shawl. Carmabelle used a soft heather blue yarn, and as you can see, I've already started with the same yarn I used before, Cascade Key Largo, in a pretty blue green color. I've also started to weave in all the ends!

threesmom
07-27-2007, 12:00 PM
That looks fantastic!

Stagebear - I haven't tried that alternating either, but you can always try it and frog back if necessary ... I do constantly - to the point where I think I've been doing more of that than actual knitting these days. Or maybe bigger needles would loosen it?

Shandeh
07-27-2007, 01:49 PM
Gorgeous! :inlove:
All my favorite colors are in there! :)

It will be hard to give that one away! :teehee:

stagebear
07-27-2007, 04:16 PM
well, after a couple of double-stranded rows, i played the frogging game. i swatched some more - going up to a size 9 isnt bad, but i'm still not sure i like it.
maybe i'll look for some other yarn. or are we trying to repeat yarn as we finish the shawl?

Shandeh
07-27-2007, 08:41 PM
maybe i'll look for some other yarn. or are we trying to repeat yarn as we finish the shawl?

That's the plan, but you can use a different yarn if you want. No problem at ALL! :wink:

beckyrhae
07-28-2007, 11:15 AM
Ok, here's a pic of the earthtones shawl. Carmabelle used a soft heather blue yarn, and as you can see, I've already started with the same yarn I used before, Cascade Key Largo, in a pretty blue green color. I've also started to weave in all the ends!

wow that looks really nice. I like the idea of repeating the colors back the opposite direction even more now.

Mariblue
07-29-2007, 07:46 PM
Snephenie, I'm done! I've pm'ed Shandeh for your address, so hopefully I'll be able to send it out to you tomorrow!

Shandeh
07-29-2007, 07:48 PM
:cheering:

snephenie
07-30-2007, 06:31 PM
Snephenie, I'm done! I've pm'ed Shandeh for your address, so hopefully I'll be able to send it out to you tomorrow!

After all my bugging about the darn shawl, I'll be sure to get my section done quickly and off to Becky!!! :)

:woot:

stagebear
07-30-2007, 06:31 PM
i'm done with the pretty purples shawl! i decided to stick with my original yarn, but double-stranded it (on size 9's) this time to support more weight. i would have loved to knit some more, but i ran out of yarn :(.

now i just have to write in the journal and package it up. unless something changed, i believe threesmom is next - i just need an address. unless you'd like to meet somewhere in the middle.

here it is: (unfortunately the color is off - the sun is hiding today)

Shandeh
07-30-2007, 06:36 PM
It looks WONDERFUL! :muah:

Would you mind measuring it from top to bottom, so we can figure out how much space we have left for knitting?

stagebear
07-30-2007, 06:53 PM
from the point to the cable is 18.5"

Mariblue
07-30-2007, 07:56 PM
After all my bugging about the darn shawl, I'll be sure to get my section done quickly and off to Becky!!! :)

:woot:
You're ok. :teehee: And to be honest, you weren't the only one doing the bugging... I private messaged Shandeh a couple of times, asking about it too...:teehee:

Shandeh
07-30-2007, 11:10 PM
from the point to the cable is 18.5"

Thanks! We still need a bit more knitting, so I'll check with the next knitter to see if she's ready. :)

ElenTikvah
07-31-2007, 04:26 PM
Well, I'm still waiting for the Sunshine Shawl...it looks like it was delivered to my local Post Office on the 7/26, but I haven't seen it yet...

I'll continue to patiently wait...I guess the knitting spirits know that I don't have any yarn for it yet...I was wanting to wait to see it first before choosing...such a good excuse to shop! (that's one good thing for not having a huge stash yet!) :P

~Tik

Shandeh
07-31-2007, 07:02 PM
I hope the Sunshine Shawl gets there soon! :pray:

ElenTikvah
07-31-2007, 09:59 PM
Well, I got home from work this afternoon, and discovered that my husband had not completely emptied the mailbox, there was the poor shawl shoved all the way in the back...looking so lonely.

So, I brought it inside and opened it to find the shawl, the journal, and a cute tape measure and tea bags (thanks losnana!) Now, just to go shopping!
woo-hoo!:cheering:

~Tik

Shandeh
07-31-2007, 10:04 PM
Yay! I'm so glad you got the package! :)

losnana
08-01-2007, 07:11 AM
thank goodness! I was beginning to think I was jinxed.

GennyLynn1962
08-01-2007, 08:19 PM
I was checking to see where I am on the lists for the Candy Shop and Sunshine shawls. Looks like it is possible they could both get to me at about the same time. :teehee: That's not a problem, I just think it would be kinda funny for them to cross paths here.

Shandeh
08-01-2007, 08:43 PM
That would be funny! :teehee:

I'm glad we almost have some shawls ready for gifting. There are a few people in the forum that need our encouragement, so it will be nice to show them our love.

I'll get everyone involved, so we can decide where they will go. To make things easier, could you all send me an off-site email? That way, we can start a group email about it.

Shandeh
08-02-2007, 02:08 PM
Sadly, two of our Oddball Blankets (and one of our shawls) have been eaten by the post office. :pout:

The first one was sent to the Netherlands, but never made it back. (She was the 2nd knitter, so the blanket had not really grown that much.)
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1384/539900320_6a6b1d4d82_m.jpg

The second one lost was our 4th blanket. This one had 5 knitted portions, so it wasn't big yet, but still some time had been invested in it.
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1300/538101522_a5887dcbfe_m.jpg

Also, the Misty Blues Shawl disappeared:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/242/519049138_1e36e0db90_m.jpg

So, I guess we should each mail our packages First Class or Priority Mail, so we can add 65 cents for Delivery Confirmation. That will help a bit with keeping tabs on the blankets. Plus, we will be able to search for them in the postal system that way.

If you use a Priority Mail (http://www.usps.com/all/shippingandmailing/23daypackages.htm) Flat Rate Box, the rates are not that bad.

You can also write "HANDLE WITH CARE" on the package, if you want.

GennyLynn1962
08-03-2007, 09:50 AM
I can't believe we have 3 items MIA. To me it will be worth the extra postage to be able to track where the item(s) are, and to be able to :!!!:at the post office if it happens again.

Sandy- I will PM you my email address, but first I need to check it, I went into it the other day and all of my messages were gone. :roll:

Shandeh
08-03-2007, 04:59 PM
I got it Genny. :thumbsup:

As I posted in another thread, I figure that the items went to charity after all....just not the charity we originally intended. :teehee:

GennyLynn1962
08-03-2007, 07:10 PM
:teehee:

Shandeh
08-04-2007, 12:26 AM
Here's a report on our Oddball Shawls. Let me know if anything has changed.

Earthtones: Mariblue finished, and mailed to Snephanie

Worsted Weight: Sanibelle received it, and is working on it

Pretty Purples: Stagebear finished, and mailed to threesmom

Candy Shop: Snowbear & Lynn have finished, and ready to mail to jhelanee

Summer: Jenelle is mailing to jjminarcik

Sunshine: ElenTikvah is working on it.

I got an message from Lynn (with Snowbear). She says that Snowbear is having a hard time with her cancer treatments. So, let's keep her in our thoughts. :pray:

mintdee
08-04-2007, 01:14 AM
All of the shawls are looking lovely! Sandy I wasn't sure if I would be able to work on the Candy Shop shawl again but life has calmed down here so it shouldn't be a problem when it makes it to me. :cheering:

:pray: for snowbear! :grphug:

GennyLynn1962
08-04-2007, 09:25 AM
:grphug:

Shandeh
08-04-2007, 11:43 AM
........I wasn't sure if I would be able to work on the Candy Shop shawl again but life has calmed down here so it shouldn't be a problem when it makes it to me. :cheering:
Yay! There are just a few knitters ahead of you, so it will probably be a little over a month before it gets to you.

snowbear
08-05-2007, 12:37 PM
Snowbear finished the pepermint on the candy shop shawl... She has 2 big appointments this week, but it will go out before the end of the week..

This shawl is looking so good, I'm craving candy!

snephenie
08-06-2007, 04:39 PM
Earthtones has safely made it's way to me.

Mariblue, thank you soooo much! She sent me two balls of the SWS in this beautiful pink/white/green colorway!! I LOVE that yarn, and a ball of yellow/green/blue sugar and cream...which was actually the PERFECT one to send as I have an all aqua ball from the swap and I plan on using them to make the Market bag! :)

Oooh and a knitting mystery book! :)

Mariblue
08-06-2007, 06:38 PM
:hug:Your welcome, Snephenie! :hug:

Shandeh
08-06-2007, 08:35 PM
I'm so glad to see the Earthtones Shawl has been having a successful journey, and all of the knitters have enjoyed the experience!
That shawl is just filled with love! :heart: :muah: :heart:

In other news.....
Our Summer Shawl has not been so lucky. It has never reached jjminarcik, so I've decided to just start a new one for us.

So, jjminarcik, get ready!
I'm a FAST knitter and mailer!
:)

Here is the list of knitters for Shawl #8, which does not have a name yet:

Shandeh
jjminarcik
Teeka
rennfamily
Abbily

We have room for a few more knitters, if anyone else wants to help with that shawl.

jjminarcik
08-07-2007, 12:43 AM
:cheering::cheering::cheering: Bring on the new shawl! I'm ready!

I'm going to be stalking the mailman! :teehee:

GennyLynn1962
08-07-2007, 09:43 AM
Sandy- I haven't checked on the weight of the yarn for the Candy Shop Shawl, would the Imagine yarn you sent me work for it? It is a pretty "raspberry" color. :teehee:

The Summer Shawl is MIA too? :pout: Where are all these things going?

threesmom
08-07-2007, 10:42 AM
It's just not safe for shawls out there - And the Summer Shawl was so pretty :pout:.

Shandeh - if you need extra knitters, I'll be happy to knit again on #8 - I'm already knitting on the Purples and the Candyshop, so if someone else would like to, I'll sit it out. Whatever works.

losnana
08-07-2007, 01:53 PM
Me too, Shandeh, whenever you need me.

Shandeh
08-08-2007, 02:42 PM
All of you are SO WONDERFUL! :flirt:

What a great bunch of knitters you are. :thumbsup:
:knitting::X::knitting::X:

It took a little longer than I expected, because all I could find was a size 10 circular in my stash. I guess it's time to go to Hobby Lobby for the half price needles again! :)

Here is the beginning of our new shawl.
I'm calling this one the "Magic Shawl". :star:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1157/1052510353_3631b8fbae.jpg

I used Lion Brand Moonlight Mohair, in the color "Northern Lights".

GennyLynn, the "Imagine" yarn should work PERFECTLY with your shawl. :wink:

GennyLynn1962
08-08-2007, 03:49 PM
:thumbsup:

The "magic shawl" looks great!!!

threesmom
08-09-2007, 05:55 PM
oooo - that magic looks sooo pretty!

I got the purples shawl (and some purely stellar treats for me! Thanks Stagebear!) - It looks absolutely fantastic! And it is so nice to see how far it has come since the last time I knit on it - it's already full of comfort and it's not even done.

I'll post pictures after I've knit a bit.

Shandeh
08-09-2007, 09:06 PM
Yahoo! Another happy journey through the mail that ended in success! :happydance:

jjminarcik
08-14-2007, 07:26 PM
I received the Magic Shawl in the mail today! :cheering: Another successful mailing!

Shandeh - Thank you so much for the lovely soap! It smells so good and I can't wait to use it! :muah:

Now to my stash to decide which yarn to use. . .

Shandeh
08-14-2007, 08:44 PM
You're welcome! :)
I'm SO glad the shawl got there safely. cloud9

stagebear
08-14-2007, 08:54 PM
seems like the shawl knitting has slowed down a bit. any other updates out there?

Shandeh
08-14-2007, 09:23 PM
Here's what I know about the shawls:

Earthtones: Snephanie is working on it.

Worsted: Sanibelle has it.

Purples: Threesmom is doing her part.

Candy Shop: Snowbear and Lynn have finished, and are ready to mail to jhelanee

Sunshine: ElenTikvah has it.

Magic: jjminarcik is working on it.

If anyone knows of any changes, let me know.

Abbily
08-15-2007, 09:49 AM
Hey girls, I know I haven't been posting a lot lately- life has been a bit overwhelming this summer. I am still keeping up with the shawls, though, and I can't wait to knit on them again! Just didn't want anyone to think I had disappeared.

Carey

threesmom
08-15-2007, 05:45 PM
It took a lot longer than I had hoped, but I will finish with the Pretty Purples tonight. Dh went out of town for a few days, so I've been completely solo with the kids - I'm almost too tired to knit! I can't give enough credit to single moms! Anyway, I'll post pictures tonight, and will get it on it's way tomorrow. Are you ready, Jeanius?

jeanius80
08-15-2007, 07:17 PM
:yay: i am ready! :)

threesmom
08-15-2007, 10:00 PM
:cheering: Jeanius!

Okay - here's the updated photo:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1043/1132838482_cbb2fd7981_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/9132649@N07/1132838482/)

I switched it up a little this time - I used the WOTA amethyst heather to start and finish for a few rows, then used KP memories in Rocky Mountain Dusk in the middle. The WOTA color was nice enough, but I wanted something softer. The Memories has the same color primarily, but with some blues and pinks, so it goes with the other shades going on.

I forgot to take a picture of my gifts! - but I got some pretty sunflower paper and cards, delicious soap, The Five People You Meet in Heaven (book - which is great), and dark chocolate truffles that are nearly gone:teehee:. Thanks again Stagebear!!

jeanius80
08-15-2007, 10:02 PM
very pretty :heart:

stagebear
08-15-2007, 10:35 PM
ooo - our pretty purples shawl keeps getting prettier!

threesmom, i'm glad you're enjoying your gifts. (the chocolate almost didnt make it into the box - it just smelled so good - mmm.)

jjminarcik
08-16-2007, 11:18 PM
I received the Magic Shawl on Tuesday and I'm already done!

I have too much time on my hands! All I have done this week is knit, knit, knit. :knitting:

Shandeh - I'm ready to mail it on, probably on Saturday. Could you send me the next person's address? I'll try to post a picture before then, if I can find some new batteries for my camera!

Shandeh
08-17-2007, 05:30 PM
Way to go! :thumbsup:

I'll check with the next knitter, and get right back to you.

Shandeh
08-18-2007, 01:49 PM
Teeka must still be out of town.

I think I'll get losnana to work on it. I'll let you know if she's ready.

losnana
08-18-2007, 02:40 PM
I just PM'ed you. I'd be delighted.

Shandeh
08-18-2007, 04:43 PM

snowbear
08-18-2007, 06:35 PM
The candy shawl is on it's way priority & delivery conf!

Sorry it took a bit, but w/ the last 2 weeks, everything's been crazy.. Lynn & I both thought it had been mailed, but found it in a hamper of stuff to be filed... I have no idea how it got there..

Life is slowly strarting to get normal.. I actually went to the store today. Then came home and slept, lol not much of a shopper yet..

hugs,

jhelanee
08-18-2007, 08:15 PM
No worries about the delay. I'll keep an eye out for it. Glad things are looking up for you. :heart:

~Jennifer

The candy shawl is on it's way priority & delivery conf!

Sorry it took a bit, but w/ the last 2 weeks, everything's been crazy.. Lynn & I both thought it had been mailed, but found it in a hamper of stuff to be filed... I have no idea how it got there..

Life is slowly strarting to get normal.. I actually went to the store today. Then came home and slept, lol not much of a shopper yet..

hugs,

MommaG
08-19-2007, 02:29 PM
Just to let you all know I am still here just don't have access to the internet everyday and I am waiting my turn to knit on a shawl again.

Shandeh
08-19-2007, 05:12 PM
Just to let you all know I am still here just don't have access to the internet everyday and I am waiting my turn to knit on a shawl again.

Thanks, MommaG! I just added you to the "Magic" Shawl knitters.

jhelanee
08-21-2007, 11:51 AM
The Candy Shop shawl has arrived safe and sound in Washington. Thank you for the goodies, showbear - I love them! :heart:

Shandeh
08-21-2007, 12:47 PM
Woo Hoo!
:happydance: :cheering: :happydance:

I just LOVE it when another Oddball project makes it safely through the mail. :sun:

Shandeh
08-21-2007, 04:43 PM
I need another update on our shawls. I've sent messages to some of you to check on the status.

Let us know how the shawls are doing!

Earthtones: Snephanie
Worsted: Sanibelle
Purples: Threesmom mailed it to Jeanius80
Candy Shop: Jhelanee just received
Sunshine: ElenTikvah is mailing to Shandeh
Magic: Jjminarcik mailed to Losnana

jeanius80
08-21-2007, 04:51 PM
mail came early today (before 11!) but no pretty shawl .... maybe tomorrow :pray:

threesmom
08-21-2007, 06:59 PM
I sent it via UPS on Friday ... I forgot to get the tracking #, but I wouldn't expect it until at least tomorrow or Thursday.

losnana
08-22-2007, 06:07 PM
The magic shawl has arrived! What pretty colors! I'll be adding a very pale pink.
The picture looks as if it is misshapen, but it isn't;the needles are just pulling it that way.
Along with came a neat magnetized memo list. Thank you!

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p5/losnana/P8220001.jpg

jjminarcik
08-22-2007, 06:29 PM
Yea! It arrived safely!

Have fun working on it!

Shandeh
08-22-2007, 10:19 PM
Woo Hoo! Another safely delivered shawl!
Things are looking up for our Oddball Projects. :sun:

snephenie
08-22-2007, 11:26 PM
I'm done with mine, things have been crazy hectic with getting the kids enrolled in school. Sorry I've been MIA.

I sent you a PM sandy, I'm ready to send once I have the address. :)

snowbear
08-23-2007, 12:19 AM
Glad it made it, & glad you liked the goodies...

I've got great news..... *drum roll please............

THE TUMOR IS GONE! NOWHERE... THEY LOOKED FOR 30 MINUTES... IT IS HISTORY.. 3 DR.S REEXAMINED THE CATSCAN....

please return to your regular reading.....:cheering:

jeanius80
08-23-2007, 12:30 AM
Glad it made it, & glad you liked the goodies...

I've got great news..... *drum roll please............

THE TUMOR IS GONE! NOWHERE... THEY LOOKED FOR 30 MINUTES... IT IS HISTORY.. 3 DR.S REEXAMINED THE CATSCAN....

please return to your regular reading.....:cheering:
:thud: :mrgreen: :cheering: ;) :muah: :heart: :pray: :grphug: :yay: :woot: cloud9 :) :happydance: :cool: :inlove: :thumbsup: :blooby: :star: :woohoo: :biting: :hug: :balloons: :clink:

yay! i am so happy for you snowbear!

Mariblue
08-23-2007, 12:31 AM
:cheering::hug:Yeah, Snowbear! :hug::cheering:

jjminarcik
08-23-2007, 01:12 AM
Yeah, Snowbear!!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

This is proof that prayers are answered! :hug::hug:

Shandeh
08-23-2007, 07:41 AM
http://www.sanctify.com/CB/images/Hallelujah-Easter_lg.jpg

snowbear
08-23-2007, 05:32 PM
:chair:

Leave it to Shandeh to go over the top, lol Thanks so much guys...

lol

I came home from the store, and Lynn was already back from her place.. She can't knit alone.. She's rented the apartment next to me as a surprise! She's moving in this weekend. But, lol She is hiring a company to move her so she can knit instead of packing,, yeah.. we have a serious recruit here!

threesmom
08-23-2007, 08:50 PM
:cheering::cheering::yay::yay::hug::hug::muah:

Hurray Snowbear!! What a relief!

Jeanius - did the shawl make it to you yet? Should I be concerned yet?

jeanius80
08-23-2007, 09:23 PM
it hasn't gotten here yet. shandeh- i will PM you

Shandeh
08-23-2007, 11:08 PM
:chair:
Leave it to Shandeh to go over the top, lol
:wink:

I came home from the store, and Lynn was already back from her place.. She can't knit alone.. She's rented the apartment next to me as a surprise! She is hiring a company to move her so she can knit instead of packing, yeah...we have a serious recruit here!
Go Lynn! Go Lynn! Go Lynn!
http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/13.gif http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/13.gif http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/13.gif

Jeanius - did the shawl make it to you yet? Should I be concerned yet?
Threesmom, would you mind checking with UPS to see what happened with the package?

losnana
08-24-2007, 07:30 AM
Ready and awaiting address:

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p5/losnana/P8230002.jpg

jjminarcik
08-24-2007, 11:10 AM
Losnana - you are a fast knitter! :knitting:

PaperGirl
08-24-2007, 12:40 PM
Snowbear, that is SO funny about Lynn! :roflhard:

Im so happy for you! :hug::hug::hug:

SO how come she hasnt joined the forum yet? :nails::heart:

Shandeh
08-25-2007, 12:43 AM
Rennfamily, are you ready for the shawl? I sent you a PM, but I haven't heard back from you.

Ready and awaiting address:

threesmom
08-26-2007, 09:36 AM
I found out it's five work days coast to coast, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Purples didn't get to Jeanius until Monday. I'll check into it though.

jeanius80
08-28-2007, 07:00 PM
it was here when i got home this afternoon! It's so beautiful and SOOOOFT! Thank you for the Vogue special edition and the Llama book for my dd (she loves it!) we ate the chocolate :teehee: and the card was very sweet too... i'll knit like the wind and mail it off asap. I'd post a pic, but i can't find my camara cable :(

Shandeh
08-28-2007, 09:05 PM
Yahoo! Another success! :happydance:

Shandeh
08-28-2007, 09:08 PM
I'm done with mine, things have been crazy hectic with getting the kids enrolled in school. Sorry I've been MIA.

Just checking in Steph....was the shawl mailed to beckyrhae yet?

Shandeh
08-28-2007, 09:20 PM
Here's our updated list about the shawls:

Earthtones: Going from Snephenie to beckyrhae
Worsted: Going from Sanibelle to Shandeh
Purples: jeanius80 just received :)
Candy Shop: jhelanee received on August 21st :)
Sunshine: Going from ElenTikvah to Shandeh
Magic: Going from losnana to rennfamily

threesmom
08-29-2007, 10:25 AM
Woohoo! I'm so glad it got there okay! :cheering:

rennfamily
08-31-2007, 09:35 PM
WOHOO!! I got the magic shawl in the mail today. Along with some lovely sachets! Thanks so much! Not to decide what yarn to use.

Shandeh
08-31-2007, 09:38 PM
:happydance:

rennfamily
09-03-2007, 12:08 PM
Ok I used Trendsetter Dune in color 112. I'm almost done Sandy and will probably be ready to mail no later than Wed.

Shandeh
09-03-2007, 12:31 PM
Wonderful! :muah:

I'll check with the next knitter to see if she's available.

losnana
09-03-2007, 01:37 PM
That shawl is moving so quickly it really must be magic!!

Shandeh
09-03-2007, 03:01 PM
:teehee:

jeanius80
09-05-2007, 07:12 PM
abbily- i just sent the pretty purples shawl to you today! my and dd walked to the PO (about 25 minutes) and sent it on to you!
here is the delivery confirmation code:
0307 0020 0001 7291 6967

:cheering: i included the tiny bit from my second strip and the ball left over from my origional stripe :) ( i started with a fresh ball, because i was afraid of running out of yarn :teehee:)
it's so beautiful:heart: and sooooft, everyone has done a wonderful job on this shawl.
shandeh- what was the pink yarn you used? it is cloud soft!cloud9

Shandeh
09-05-2007, 08:24 PM
:heart:Cashmere!cloud9

Is the little notebook still with the shawl?
It had comments by each of the knitters, including what yarns we used.

jeanius80
09-05-2007, 08:40 PM
O M G
i knew i was forgetting something :headsmack: i'l post to abilly tomorrow :(

Shandeh
09-05-2007, 08:43 PM
:teehee: You poor thing!

Are you going to have to walk again?
I think you're gonna lose weight with this shawl!

jeanius80
09-05-2007, 08:46 PM
i think i'll have dh take me to the post office tonight....at least i can get a box and figure it out before i leave the house!

Abbily
09-06-2007, 10:47 AM
YAY, I can't wait to get it! :)

Shandeh
09-06-2007, 02:30 PM
Woo Hoo! I just got the Sunshine Shawl in the mail today!

Look at the beautiful hand-woven basket that ElenTikvah sent to me! And the handmade soap smells FINE! :heart:

The shawl is so pretty! And I just LOVE the story we've started in the little journal...with the "voice" of the shawl telling it. :teehee:
(Great idea!)

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1141/1336808577_49aa6bcacf.jpg

Mariblue
09-06-2007, 03:11 PM
That's beautiful! :inlove:

jeanius80
09-06-2007, 04:16 PM
that is a beautiful shawl! :heart:

Abbily
09-07-2007, 08:47 AM
Ooooooh, the sunshine shawl is looking beautiful!!

Sandy, I got your box today! Thanks for all the fringe yarns, and for the coffee and teas! :) I'm getting ready to make some tea to start my work day!:muah:

rennfamily
09-07-2007, 02:32 PM
I sent out the Magic shawl this morning. I did take pics but I won't be able to post them until Sunday.

Shandeh
09-07-2007, 04:18 PM
Sandy, I got your box today! Thanks for all the fringe yarns, and for the coffee and teas! :) I'm getting ready to make some tea to start my work day!:muah:
Yay! I'm glad it got there safely! :cheering:
Enjoy your tea and coffee. :hug:

jeanius80
09-07-2007, 06:10 PM
pretty purples status:
http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/images/hl_search_results.gif http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/images/spacer.gif http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/images/spacer.gif http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/images/spacer.gif http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/images/spacer.gif Label/Receipt Number: 0307 0020 0001 7291 6967

Your item arrived at 7:47 AM on September 7, 2007 in AUSTIN, TX 78701. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

jhelanee
09-08-2007, 01:28 AM
I sent the candy shop shawl off to threesmom this afternoon. I took pictures, but won't be able to post them for a few days. I added a baby blue stripe to represent cotton candy.

~Jennifer

jeanius80
09-08-2007, 10:12 PM
abbily did the shawl arrive yet?

Teeka
09-09-2007, 10:57 AM
I pm-ed Shandeh. I'm finally back in my house and have the internet working again. Phew! It's been a long time! I haven't been knitting too much--too busy getting the house in order and going back to work. But...I'm ready for my piece of the shawl (or whatever it is we're making!).

Happy fall.
Teeka

Abbily
09-09-2007, 12:51 PM
Yes, I got the purples shawl! Sorry, I got it late Friday afternoon just as I was leaving work, so I didn't have the chance to post... and it's been a busy weekend. :) It's GORGEOUS!! I can't wait to get started on the fringes!

Shandeh
09-09-2007, 11:28 PM
After looking through my stash, I made my decision about the yarn I'm using on the "Sunshine" shawl. I've chosen one skein of my precious Debbie Bliss Pure Silk, in a lovely coral shade. It works PERFECTLY!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1310/1352707845_d9e6d1a1d3_m.jpg

MaryB
09-09-2007, 11:31 PM
:sun:Beautiful!:sun:

ElenTikvah
09-10-2007, 07:14 AM
After looking through my stash, I made my decision about the yarn I'm using on the "Sunshine" shawl. I've chosen one skein of my precious Debbie Bliss Pure Silk, in a lovely coral shade. It works PERFECTLY!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1310/1352707845_d9e6d1a1d3_m.jpg

I love that choice! ~Tik

Shandeh
09-10-2007, 09:43 AM
I tell ya....that Pure Silk....:inlove:
I could knit with that yarn all day. cloud9

threesmom
09-10-2007, 04:31 PM
I got the Candy Shop shawl today! It's so pretty! And thank you jhelanee for the chocolate and yarn!! :heart: The yarn is perfect for a odds and ends shawl I'm planning on doing for myself.

I'll post some pics after I decide what yarn to use.

Shandeh
09-10-2007, 04:37 PM
Thank you SO much, threesmom, for offering to take a photo. We haven't had a new photo for that shawl in a VERY LONG TIME!

Abbily
09-10-2007, 05:15 PM
Wow, I am loving all this mail! :) Today I got the journal from Jeanie and some fringe yarn from Jennifer! I knitted about 1 1/2" on the shawl over the weekend, in between painting the playroom. I'm going to head to the store this afternoon for more of my yarn and I hope to get a couple more inches knit this week before I give up and start on the fringe. :)

jhelanee
09-10-2007, 11:23 PM
:cheering:for successful trips through USPS! I'm glad you liked your goodies, threesmom. :muah:

Shandeh
09-10-2007, 11:51 PM
I love it! It's so cool to see our shawls being created and completed.
:psst:In fact, one of our shawls is almost ready to be given away.

Here's the latest update on our shawls:

Earthtones: Snephenie still has not contacted me about this shawl. If any of you see her online, please check on it for me! I've tried reaching her in a PM and through email, with no luck. :verysad: (She's had the shawl since the end of July.)

Worsted: Sanibelle told me that she mailed it to me today! :cheering: Poor Sanibelle had surgery while she had the shawl, so it was delayed a bit during her recuperation. Thanks for hanging in there Sanibelle! :thumbsup:

Purples: Abbily is now adding her knitting, binding off, and adding fringe to get this shawl ready for its recipient! :happydance: I can't wait to see photos of the completed shawl!

Candy Shop: Threesmom just received it! :)
Sunshine: I'm adding my knitting right now! :sun:

Magic: Rennfamily completed her knitting, and is mailing it to kellycarr05. Has it been mailed yet, rennfamily? :pray:

jeanius80
09-11-2007, 12:00 AM
i have pic i took before i mailed the purples.. i can post it tomorrow (it's on the other computer)

jeanius80
09-11-2007, 07:55 PM
ok, here it is as i sent it!
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1379/1363170988_847f6ccd66.jpg

rennfamily
09-11-2007, 08:49 PM
I mailed the magic shawl on the 7th. I'll have to pull the delivery con slip from my purse. It should be there soon if not already.

threesmom
09-11-2007, 09:11 PM
Thanks for the picture Jeanius! I was so afraid my changing to a varigated would look bad against yours - thus my edges ... but it looks great!! :cheering:

As for the Candy Shop - I,m having a tough time finding an agreeable color in my stash ... might have to visit a yarn selling establishment soon ....

Shandeh
09-11-2007, 09:56 PM
ok, here it is as i sent it!
Thanks for the photo! :hug:

I mailed the magic shawl on the 7th. I'll have to pull the delivery con slip from my purse. It should be there soon if not already.
Woo Hoo! :cheering:

As for the Candy Shop - I,m having a tough time finding an agreeable color in my stash ... might have to visit a yarn selling establishment soon ....
I'm sorry you have to spend money on the shawl. :pout:
Do you want me to send something from my stash?

threesmom
09-12-2007, 01:09 PM
Oh, Shandeh, don't worry about it! :hug: I appreciate the offer - it's super nice of you - but really, it's just an excuse to go fondle yarn! I'm thinking I might use a pink, and I don't have the right shade in the right weight. I'll be able to head out this afternoon.:cheering:

Shandeh
09-12-2007, 02:26 PM
Have fun yarn shopping, threesmom! :hug:

Today, I got the "Worsted Weight" shawl in the mail from Sanibelle! It's beautiful! :heart:

I'll post photos when I get back from teaching piano lessons.

Shandeh
09-13-2007, 11:22 AM
Here's the "Worsted" Oddball Shawl! :inlove:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1359/1371931587_c25fa04f99.jpg

And here's my knitting being added:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1200/1371932959_0b3626e29f.jpg

I'm using a vintage yarn from my stash called "Glimmer" by Caron. It's the older version of that same name. The new "Glimmer" is NOTHING like it. :??
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1233/1372790950_1aad5502b1.jpg

Abbily
09-13-2007, 02:34 PM
Ohh, the worsted shawl is gorgeous!

I'm having a great time knitting on the purples shawl... hopefully the fringing will be as much fun. :)

Shandeh
09-13-2007, 10:03 PM

Snephenie, have you mailed the Earthtones Shawl to Becky yet?

I'm starting to worry about you! :help:

Shandeh
09-13-2007, 10:05 PM
Ohh, the worsted shawl is gorgeous!

I'm having a great time knitting on the purples shawl... hopefully the fringing will be as much fun. :)

I'm glad you're having fun! :cheering:

beckyrhae
09-14-2007, 01:33 PM
I havent heard from Snephenie at all... I hope everything is ok. :(

Shandeh
09-14-2007, 03:31 PM
I havent heard from Snephenie at all... I hope everything is ok. :(

I'm really worried now. Her last post here was on August 23rd. I've sent her several PMs, with no response. I just tried to reach her by email, and it was rejected.

:pout:

I hope she's okay! :help:

Mariblue
09-14-2007, 03:37 PM
That is worrisome. I hope she's ok too.

Abbily
09-17-2007, 11:12 AM
I showed off the purples shawl to MarthaStarWarsFan when we got together at the LYS, she said it's beautiful! I'm going to get started on the fringe this week.

Threesmom, I got your package today! How did you know that dark chocolate is my absolute favorite food in all the world?! :)

rennfamily
09-17-2007, 02:11 PM
According to my confirmation number the magic shawl was delivered on the 10th.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/renfamily/spinknit/DSC_0002.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/renfamily/spinknit/DSC_0001-1.jpg

Shandeh
09-17-2007, 03:54 PM
Thanks Holly!

I'll check with kellycarr05. :thumbsup:

threesmom
09-17-2007, 09:35 PM
Abbily - I'm so glad you like it! I love dark chocolate too (well, any chocolate, who am I kidding:teehee:), and in case you didn't, I thought perhaps I could convert you. :mrgreen:

Shandeh - I should be able to finish with the Candy Shop tonight, - where does it go from here?

Shandeh
09-17-2007, 09:57 PM
I'll check on it right now, threesmom! :wink:

Shandeh
09-18-2007, 06:18 AM
I just finished working on the Sunshine Shawl, and it is ready to go to the next knitter!
:sun:
Unfortunately, the person who was scheduled to knit next is no longer participating in the knit-along.

Who wants to work on it now?

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1027/1401710068_7685926b90.jpg

Shandeh
09-18-2007, 06:49 AM
rennfamily, I checked with kellycarr05, and she DOES have the Magic shawl!

threesmom, I sent an email to the next knitter for the Candy Shop shawl. I'll let you know when I get a response.

rennfamily
09-18-2007, 08:47 AM
Sandy I'd be happy to knit on the sunshine shawl!

PaperGirl
09-18-2007, 05:11 PM
Its getting close to coming back to me! Yay!

Shandeh
09-18-2007, 09:31 PM
Sandy I'd be happy to knit on the sunshine shawl!

Woo Hoo! :cheering: I'll send it right away, my friend!

Abbily
09-23-2007, 01:13 AM
I finished the purples shawl! I did the fringe while watching Bridget Jones's Diary and Doctor Who tonight, and just finished it a few minutes ago. :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v387/mommycarey/shawl001.jpg

Shandeh
09-23-2007, 01:45 AM
OMG! :inlove: It's GORGEOUS!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:
I thought the fringe would bring it together well, and it DID!
:happydance: :cheering: :happydance:

You did a WONDERFUL job adding the fringe, Abbily!!!
(and it looks like the flower pin I sent is gonna match.) :wink:

Congratulations to all the knitters for our "Pretty Purples" shawl, for a JOB WELL DONE!!! :thumbsup:

Abbily
jeanius80
threesmom
stagebear
jhelanee
and me! :teehee:

jeanius80
09-23-2007, 01:51 AM
it looks so pretty! i can't wait to see what the recipient thinks!

Shandeh
09-23-2007, 01:54 AM
By the way, Abbily.....EXCELLENT photo!! :thumbsup:

Mariblue
09-23-2007, 02:10 AM
That is beautiful! It's nice to see one of these shawls finished! :hug:

MaryB
09-23-2007, 07:48 AM
:grphug:A big hug to all the knitters who worked on the shawl!:grphug:

It is beautiful. I think the fringe is a perfect finishing touch.

ElenTikvah
09-23-2007, 09:38 AM
Excellent photo, and wonderful job to all the Pretty Purples knitters! It is a gorgeous shawl!

~Tik

threesmom
09-23-2007, 10:43 AM
What a great shot, Carey! It's so exciting to see it finished - thank you! You did a wonderful job with the fringe, too - it really brings it together.

stagebear
09-23-2007, 10:54 AM
it's gorgeous!

Abbily
09-23-2007, 01:10 PM
I'm so glad you guys like it! I had NO idea how the fringe would turn out, I've never done a fringe like that before, only a self-fringing shawl.

Sandy, the pin you send looks wonderful with the shawl! Who do I send it to now?

Shandeh
09-23-2007, 01:29 PM
I'll send you a private message, so we can do our covert operation on giving it to the recipient! :)

losnana
09-23-2007, 03:04 PM
:grphug:A big hug to all the knitters who worked on the shawl!:grphug:

It is beautiful. I think the fringe is a perfect finishing touch.

I agree. That fringe was inspired!

GennyLynn1962
09-23-2007, 03:17 PM
The shawl is beautiful! :inlove: Everyone done a great job, and the fringe brings it together wonderfully!

Congrats on getting it finished!!! :cheering:

threesmom
09-25-2007, 05:16 PM
I mailed out the CandyShop today! Here's a picture -

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1051/1438954071_253d78f386_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/9132649@N07/1438954071/)

I used a pink for bubblegum - as always, so much fun to work on!

GennyLynn1962
09-25-2007, 07:48 PM

Yummmm, bubble gum!

It looks great!!

Shandeh
09-25-2007, 09:59 PM
Excellent! :cheering:

It's SO NICE to have a new photo for the Candy Shop Shawl!
:)

You all have done a WONDERFUL job! :thumbsup:

GennyLynn1962
09-27-2007, 03:53 PM
The Candy Shop Shawl has arrived safely at my house. :cheering:

The pictures of it look great but it is so much better in person. It is really soft and cushy and it looks great!

Threesmom- thanks so much for the micro-spun yarn, purple is my favorite color :heart: and the nail file is perfect! All of the one's I have are worn out and I was going to buy one the next time I went shopping. It's so cute with the yarn pictures on it, I squealed when I saw it. :muah:

I plan on starting my part tonight, I'll probably use my Imagine yarn, it's a raspberry color. I think that will go well with the bubble gum color Threesmom used.

I'm so excited.:woohoo:

Shandeh
09-28-2007, 03:19 AM
Yay!:cheering:

Shandeh
09-29-2007, 09:16 PM
Hello all you wonderful Oddball Shawl Knitters!

Just wanted to give a report on the status of our shawls.

Worsted Weight - I'm finishing up this shawl right now! :happydance:
Pretty Purples - COMPLETE! Being delivered now! :cheering:

Candy Shop - GennyLynn1962 just finished her part, and is ready to mail it to the next knitter. It should be complete soon! :)

Sunshine - I just mailed it out last week, so rennfamily should be receiving it very soon.

Magic - kellycarr05 has been working on it since September 10th. Your time is up, my friend! It needs to go on to the next knitter now. Can you give us an update? :pray:

Earthtones - snephenie was our last knitter on this shawl, and has disappeared under the radar. I guess we'll have to let this shawl go. :verysad:

GennyLynn1962
10-01-2007, 11:53 AM
My part of the "Candy Shop Shawl" is finished.

Here's a picture, I still can't seem to get the lighting right on my camera.

I'll try to get it mailed today or tomorrow.

GennyLynn1962
10-01-2007, 11:54 AM
Oh, I forgot..

I used Imagine yarn in a raspberry color.

Shandeh
10-01-2007, 02:48 PM
Wow! I was gonna say it looks like hot chocolate!

Now, I'll have to call it raspberry cocoa instead. :teehee:

GennyLynn1962
10-01-2007, 02:51 PM
I like raspberry cocoa too.

It's not as dark as it looks in the picture.

I did get it mailed this afternoon, so it's on the move again. :cheering:

Shandeh
10-01-2007, 03:17 PM
Excellent! :thumbsup:

rennfamily
10-02-2007, 02:09 PM
I got the sunshine shawl yesterday. Thanks Sandy for all the gooies. The yellow merino is so squishy!

Shandeh
10-02-2007, 02:27 PM
Yippee! I'm glad it got there safely! :happydance:

mintdee
10-03-2007, 11:59 PM
I got the package today! Candy Shop shawl is in my lap now and i am adding the butterscotch now. I just took some time to let you know it arrived. The boys snagged the glow sticks and the girls grabbed the stickers and they all shared with their baby sister (amazing!) Thank you for the yarn and the calendar! I think that I may have something in mind for my princess for that yarn already. ;)

Anyway off to do some knitting!

PaperGirl
10-04-2007, 12:30 AM
Ooohhhh....I need to go dig out the chocolate yarn again....

GennyLynn1962
10-04-2007, 08:24 AM
:cheering: I'm glad it made it there safely!!!

threesmom
10-04-2007, 12:13 PM
wow - does that mean the candy shop is almost done too?!?:cheering:

Shandeh
10-04-2007, 12:25 PM
Excellent!!! YES - Our Candy Shop Shawl is almost complete! PaperGirl will be our last knitter. :thumbsup:

We still have to decide who our recipient will be. :think:
Feel free to send me a PM to let me know of any hurting KHers you would like to encourage.

GennyLynn1962
10-04-2007, 01:02 PM
How many have been completed or are close to being finished? Have any been delivered yet?

Shandeh
10-04-2007, 01:13 PM
Pretty Purples is complete, and is being delivered.

Worsted Weight is being completed, and will be delivered soon.

GennyLynn1962
10-05-2007, 09:27 AM
:cheering::happydance::cheering:

Abbily
10-09-2007, 05:09 PM
Any update on the delivery of pretty purples?

Shandeh
10-09-2007, 07:53 PM
It was hand delivered!!

There will be a post with photos here soon. :heart:

rennfamily
10-10-2007, 09:03 AM
The sunshine shawl is ready to move to a new home! I'm leaving for Stitches in the morning though. So unless someone gets an address to me today it will go in the mail 1st thing Monday morning.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/renfamily/spinknit/DSC_0197.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/renfamily/spinknit/DSC_0196.jpg

threesmom
10-10-2007, 10:14 AM
The sunshine shawl is looking beautiful! I love that yarn you used, Holly.

Stagebear and I delivered the Pretty Purples shawl to Nadja de Claire yesterday - we met at a yarn shop in Philadelphia, knit and laughed. It was great to actually put faces with kh'ers, and it was so exciting to be part of the end to this project. I just feel lucky.

Unfortunately - I forgot my camera:doh: - but both Nadja and stagebear remembered theirs, so I'll leave the pictures to them. But there's the quick update!

Shandeh
10-11-2007, 01:48 AM
The sunshine shawl is ready to move to a new home! I'm leaving for Stitches in the morning though. So unless someone gets an address to me today it will go in the mail 1st thing Monday morning.

I was able to reach the next knitter (losnana) today, and she is ready! Check your private messages. :wink:

Your knitting is GORGEOUS! What yarn did you use?

Shandeh
10-11-2007, 01:50 AM
Stagebear and I delivered the Pretty Purples shawl to Nadja la Claire yesterday

I'm so glad that Nadja la Claire appreciated the shawl! :cheering:
I wish I could have been there to see it presented to her.

Mariblue
10-11-2007, 10:20 AM
Oooo, the sunshine shawl is so pretty! It looks kind of like a sunset with the pinks in it. :inlove:

nadja la claire
10-13-2007, 11:43 AM
Hello all you Charity Knitters!!!! I thought I would post some pics of the beautiful shawl that you all made for me. I absolutely love it. You are all so wonderful. :muah: :muah: :muah: :muah: :muah: :muah: :muah: :muah: :muah: :muah: :muah:

I wore it the other night to a big Philadelphia Art Museum soiree but I forgot to take my camera. I'm going to a retirement party tonight and I'm going to wear it so I'll try to remember my camera this time.

I love you all. :muah: :hug: :heart: :grphug:

PS. I wish I took a better picture. I HATE pictures of myself :ick:

jeanius80
10-13-2007, 02:57 PM
:yay: it looks like it fits perfectly nadja! I am so glad you like it!

Shandeh
10-13-2007, 04:11 PM
Claire, you are GORGEOUS!!! Don't fret about your photos. Be proud of your lovely self!
:muah:
The shawl looks so DIVINE on your shoulders! :hug:
I'm so glad you like it! :heart:

Mariblue
10-13-2007, 05:06 PM
Claire, it looks beautiful on you! :hug:

Abbily
10-15-2007, 09:55 AM
Claire, I'm so glad you like it! It looks beautiful on you, and you are beautiful too!!

knitknut
10-15-2007, 12:38 PM
These are just lovely! You have inspired me to make one from my stash for my DSis. So you start with 3 stitches and add one each row, but when do you stop? I'd like to make a nice big one like the pretty purples, so would that be about 250 - 300 stitches across?

Also, could I join the group? I have an idea for a color scheme. Shades of pink and call it Barbie.

Shandeh
10-15-2007, 12:58 PM
These are just lovely! You have inspired me to make one from my stash for my DSis. So you start with 3 stitches and add one each row, but when do you stop? I'd like to make a nice big one like the pretty purples, so would that be about 250 - 300 stitches across?

Also, could I join the group? I have an idea for a color scheme. Shades of pink and call it Barbie.

I'm glad you like it! :hug:

And I love your idea for a pink shawl. Lots of us like the color pink, so it would be fun to work on.

If you want, you can start one yourself, and we'll get some knitters involved to work on it. Just use an inexpensive size 8 or 9 circular needle, and some nice DK yarn. If you're willing to leave the stitches on the needle, we'll make sure it gets back to you.

Here's the pattern: http://www.knittinggeek.com/howto/shawlworkshop.htm

We've just been knitting until it looks big enough, and then we stop and add fringe.

knitknut
10-15-2007, 01:27 PM
OK That sounds great! I'll post as soon as I have it ready to mail. :woohoo:

PaperGirl
10-15-2007, 03:35 PM
Oh Claire! Its gorgeous! And you are a very beautiful lady!

losnana
10-15-2007, 06:44 PM
May I join?? I love pink, although I've never been a Barbie fan. Too old I think. No Barbies around when I played with dolls.

nadja la claire
10-15-2007, 10:12 PM
I'm not a huge Barbee fan either but I do like pinks and reds, and I believe that I should pass on the love that I have received so please contact me.

MaryB
10-15-2007, 10:59 PM
Think Pink. October is breast cancer awareness month. I think this would be a perfect time to start a pink shawl-------for what ever reason!:knitting:Sign me up!

stagebear
10-15-2007, 11:03 PM
i'd love to work on another shawl - and i have pink yarn left over from a recent project! (sandy, you have my address)

Shandeh
10-16-2007, 12:11 AM
Wonderful! That's enough knitters for the Barbie shawl!

We usually use 5 or 6 knitters on each shawl, and circulate it around to each knitter two times, with each knitter using the same yarn both times. That way, we get a nice color pattern going.
Thanks for joining us Claire!! :muah:

jeanius80
10-16-2007, 12:27 AM
i can't wait to see the 'barbie' shawl come together :yay:

threesmom
10-16-2007, 11:15 AM
So exciting seeing another shawl start! Shandeh - if you need a pinch knitter or another started - let me know - I've got lots of random dk weight around.

Is the magic shawl still out there?:shrug: Maybe I missed a post about it? I just thought my name was on the list of knitters for that one? I hope it hasn't been lost in the mail!

rennfamily
10-16-2007, 12:18 PM
Sorry for the delay. Stitches was so much fun but exhasuting. Life has been so hectic around here as well. The sunshine shawl was sent out 1st thing yesterday am.

knitknut
10-16-2007, 01:45 PM
Wow! This is exciting! I'm ready to send the shawl on to the next knitter.

:psst: To tell the truth, I'm not much of a pink or Barbie girl but I seem to have accumulated pink yarn. This sounds like a good way to use it up!

nadja la claire
10-16-2007, 03:16 PM
Does anyone know what the Pink Shawl's pattern is be? Is it the simple garter pattern? Oh and does the yarn have to be washable?

Shandeh
10-16-2007, 03:17 PM
Is the magic shawl still out there?:shrug: Maybe I missed a post about it? I just thought my name was on the list of knitters for that one? I hope it hasn't been lost in the mail!

The magic shawl has been resurrected!! I checked with kellycarr05 yesterday, and apparently she had forgotten about it. She says that she mailed it off yesterday, so hopefully it will be in Abbily's hands very soon! :wink: And you're right....you'll be the next knitter after Abbily. :)

rennfamily, thanks for sending the "Sunshine Shawl" on its way! :hug:

knitknut, you're FAST!! :shock: I'll check with the next knitter, and I'll send you a private message.

Shandeh
10-16-2007, 03:23 PM
Does anyone know what the Pink Shawl's pattern is be? Is it the simple garter pattern? Oh and does the yarn have to be washable?

Hi Nadja!

Here's the shawl pattern: "Simplest Shawl in Garter Stitch"
http://knittinggeek.com/howto/shawlworkshop.htm
We just repeat the same thing on every row.
K1, YO, knit the remaining stitches.

We are using BEAUTIFUL DK yarn for the shawls. It does NOT have to be washable.

Do you want to be the next knitter on the Barbie shawl? Knitknut is ready to mail it!

nadja la claire
10-16-2007, 03:34 PM
Hi Nadja!

Here's the shawl pattern: "Simplest Shawl in Garter Stitch"
http://knittinggeek.com/howto/shawlworkshop.htm
We just repeat the same thing on every row.
K1, YO, knit the remaining stitches.

We are using BEAUTIFUL DK yarn for the shawls. It does NOT have to be washable.

Do you want to be the next knitter on the Barbie shawl? Knitknut is ready to mail it!

Hey Shandeh,

Send it on. I know you've probably answered this a million times, :oops: but how many rows should I do?

nadja la claire
10-16-2007, 03:40 PM
Is there a recipient for this shawl? If not I know of someone who may be able to use it. My neighbor's daughter has a rare form of breast cancer and she is finishing up her second round of chemo.

Shandeh
10-16-2007, 10:07 PM
Nadja, we each knit for about 3 or 4 inches on the shawl. Just be sure to end on a WRONG SIDE ROW, so the next knitter can start on the right side. That will make all the color changes look right.

As for the recipient, we usually give these shawls to members of the KH forum. But, we can make an exception if all the knitters agree. What do you all think?

Shandeh
10-17-2007, 03:08 AM
So exciting seeing another shawl start! Shandeh - if you need a pinch knitter or another started - let me know - I've got lots of random dk weight around.

Threesmom, I'll add you to the Barbie shawl if you want. We have room for one more! :)

Shandeh
10-17-2007, 03:51 AM
I just made a new blog, just for our "Pretty Purples" Oddball Shawl, which shows the shawl all through it's creation.
Enjoy! :muah:

http://prettypurples.blogspot.com/

Abbily
10-17-2007, 09:56 AM
Sandy, I love the new blog! :)

threesmom
10-17-2007, 10:48 AM
What a great idea for a blog, Sandy! It looks great! And I'd looove to do the pink shawl! :cheering: I have lots of bits and pieces that would work. I think I'm a little addicted to these shawls ... they make me feel like I...um...finish something:teehee:

knitknut
10-17-2007, 02:04 PM
Barbie is ready to travel. Who's on first?

Abbily
10-17-2007, 04:03 PM
Barbie is looking great! :)

I got the Magic shawl today! I don't have my camera with me at work, so I'll have to take a picture tonight and post it tomorrow.

Kelly, thanks for the lotion, tea and yarn! The tea smells fabulous, and made the shawl smell really yummy. :)

nadja la claire
10-17-2007, 04:30 PM
Nadja, we each knit for about 3 or 4 inches on the shawl. Just be sure to end on a WRONG SIDE ROW, so the next knitter can start on the right side. That will make all the color changes look right.

As for the recipient, we usually give these shawls to members of the KH forum. But, we can make an exception if all the knitters agree. What do you all think?

No need to make an exception, I'll just knit her something else. Thanks for the instructions.

nadja la claire
10-17-2007, 04:33 PM
Wow that is pink. I love it. I can take it next if nobody else has stepped up. I'll PM you.

losnana
10-17-2007, 10:25 PM
The sunshine shawl arrived today, along with a ball of Paint Box yarn from rennfamily. It is beautiful, and I can't wait to decide on its use.
Thanks!!

Shandeh
10-18-2007, 07:14 AM
No need to make an exception, I'll just knit her something else. Thanks for the instructions.

Thanks Claire. It wouldn't really be an exception - more like a "variation". :wink: Is she the kind of person that would want to take care of a shawl made with hand-wash only yarn? If so, then she would be a good candidate for one of our shawls.

By the way, thanks for stepping up on the Barbie Shawl.
:hug:

Shandeh
10-18-2007, 08:28 AM
I got a package yesterday from rennfamily, with her leftover yarn from the "Worsted Weight" shawl. I'm using our leftover yarns to add fringe to the shawl, before we give it to the recipient!

She also included a skein of Paint Box 100% wool (pretty!), and a steamy romance novel! :eyebrow:

Shandeh
10-18-2007, 08:30 AM
Barbie is ready to travel. Who's on first?

Nice start! What yarn did you use?

nadja la claire
10-18-2007, 01:14 PM
Thanks Claire. It wouldn't really be an exception - more like a "variation". :wink: Is she the kind of person that would want to take care of a shawl made with hand-wash only yarn? If so, then she would be a good candidate for one of our shawls.

By the way, thanks for stepping up on the Barbie Shawl.
:hug:

No problem. Like I said before I want to pass on the love that I've received. :grphug:

I think that she would appreciate the shawl, but I haven't seen her or her parents in a while so I don't know how she's doing.

knitknut
10-18-2007, 01:14 PM
Thanks! It is Caron Simply Soft. I'm not sure of the color name, but it is a shocking PINK! Thought it would make a good color for the point.

nadja la claire
10-18-2007, 02:11 PM
Shandeh, are we using DK or worsted weight yarn?

Shandeh
10-18-2007, 02:23 PM
Shandeh, are we using DK or worsted weight yarn?

We are using DK yarn. The Simply Soft that Knitknut used is close enough to DK to qualify. :wink:

The amazing thing about our shawls is that when the fringe is added, everything looks perfect. They look kinda wonky during formation though. :teehee:

Abbily
10-18-2007, 03:01 PM
Here's the magic shawl as I received it. I haven't figured out yet what yarn I'm going to add to it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v387/mommycarey/Oct.jpg

Shandeh
10-18-2007, 03:37 PM
OMG! :shock: Our shawl grew HAIR! :teehee:

Whoever gets this shawl is gonna have to have a FUN personality. :wink:

I think a nice dark yarn would work well.

losnana
10-21-2007, 04:28 PM
The sunshine shawl is ready to travel again.

Shandeh
10-21-2007, 07:11 PM
Thanks losnana! I'll check with the next knitter. :thumbsup:

nadja la claire
10-22-2007, 11:36 PM
I just got Barbie in the mail today. I'll be working on it tomorrow when I take my mom to the dr.

Shandeh
10-23-2007, 07:56 AM
Yay! I'm so glad the Barbie shawl made it through the mail! :)

I think that she would appreciate the shawl, but I haven't seen her or her parents in a while so I don't know how she's doing.

It takes several months to complete each shawl, so we'll talk about a recipient when the shawl is almost complete. (The travel time from knitter to knitter makes it take longer than you expect.)

Abbily
10-23-2007, 09:08 AM
I started the new blues shawl last night, so as soon as I gather up some goodies I'll be ready to send it on. I think I know who the next knitter will be, but I'll check on that and let you know for sure, Sandy. :)

losnana
10-23-2007, 12:02 PM
Sunshine went out in the mail yesterday. It certainly is purty!

Shandeh
10-23-2007, 12:11 PM
I started the new blues shawl last night, so as soon as I gather up some goodies I'll be ready to send it on. I think I know who the next knitter will be, but I'll check on that and let you know for sure, Sandy. :)

Thank you both so much!! :muah:

MaryB
10-24-2007, 11:07 PM

Sunshine arrived in Illinois this afternoon. :inlove: Very pretty!

Shandeh
10-25-2007, 09:58 AM
Yippee!! :happydance:

It would be nice to have a new photo of the Sunshine Shawl. We haven't had one in quite a while!

GennyLynn1962
10-25-2007, 01:57 PM
Yes, new pictures please! :flirt:

nadja la claire
10-25-2007, 10:52 PM
Barbie is ready to go. I would have been ready sooner but I've been doing some temp work for a friend and even though I can take knitting breaks I don't dare take something like this shawl because she smokes like a chimney and I don't want Barbie smelling like an ashtray. Well anyway she's ready. Who's up next?

stagebear
10-26-2007, 12:25 AM
i can take it next!

Shandeh
10-26-2007, 05:00 AM
I'm glad you're ready, Stagebear. I was going to send you a message to check on that! :thumbsup:
Nadja, I'll send you her address. Stagebear, let us know if you've moved to a different address from what I have on file.
Nadja, be sure to use some kind of delivery confirmation when mailing it. We don't want to lose our precious knitting!
Thank you both for working on the shawl! :muah:

Shandeh
10-26-2007, 05:34 AM
Nadja, thanks so much for protecting our shawl from the cigarette smoke. :heart:
What yarn did you use for your knitting? It looks so fluffy and soft!

nadja la claire
10-26-2007, 07:39 AM
I used Patons Dream. It was the only pink I had in my stash and it's so soft and yummy.

stagebear
10-26-2007, 08:30 AM
my address is still the same. looking forward to getting it!

GennyLynn1962
10-26-2007, 10:11 AM
I can take a turn, anywhere you need me.

Shandeh
10-26-2007, 08:04 PM
I used Patons Dream. It was the only pink I had in my stash and it's so soft and yummy.
I love it! :)
my address is still the same. looking forward to getting it!
Thanks for letting us know!
I can take a turn, anywhere you need me.
Thanks Genny! :hug: The Sunshine Shawl will be coming to you soon, when MaryB finishes her part. She's only had it for 2 days.

GennyLynn1962
10-26-2007, 08:05 PM
:thumbsup:
No rush.

jeanius80
10-26-2007, 08:19 PM
they all look so great!

nadja, :teehee: when you wrote you didn't want Barbie smelling like smoke, i got this picture of malibu barbie hanging out in a dive bar getting stinky, but dressed prim and matchy-matchy :lol:

Shandeh
10-26-2007, 08:41 PM
:roflhard:

stagebear
10-27-2007, 10:47 PM
nadja dropped of the shawl since she was in town near where i work! it's wonderful already - nadja i love your yarn. i have about have of my section done already , but i have other projects i can't neglect, so i'll finish it tomorrow. i'm using simply soft in soft pink.
threesmom, are you still up for this one? and if so, are you coming towards the city soon? i might have to hear to deptford this monday too.
oh, and is there a journal for this one?

nadja la claire
10-28-2007, 01:49 PM
they all look so great!

nadja, :teehee: when you wrote you didn't want Barbie smelling like smoke, i got this picture of malibu barbie hanging out in a dive bar getting stinky, but dressed prim and matchy-matchy :lol:

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: