PDA

View Full Version : Oddball CARE Shawls (Triangle)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Shandeh
04-18-2007, 08:21 AM
Well, I've come up with another idea. Alert the media! :teehee:

As you know, we have 3 Oddball Charity Blankets going.

I started thinking that it would be cool to make an Oddball Shawl, and give it to a member of the forum who needs encouragement from us.

It would be made from any beautiful DK yarn you have in your stash.

I would cast on a few stitches, then do a yarn-over at the beginning of each row, to make it get larger and larger. It would be mailed from person to person, just like our blankets. When it is finished, it would be given to a person in our forum who needs our love "wrapped around them".

If you like this idea, please send me a PM with your mailing address, and I'll add you to the list of knitters!

We won't be able to determine how many knitters we'll need. We'll just keep making shawls until everyone has had a turn. There are LOTS of forum members who need our love! :heart: :muah: :heart:

Update
After working on several shawls, we decided to make a list of knitters for each shawl. Here is our list for our 6 shawls in progress right now:

Earthtones Shawl
Shandeh
MaryB
beckyrhae
snephenie
Mariblue
carmabelle1191
Mariblue
snephenie
beckyrhae
MaryB
Shandeh

Worsted Weight Shawl
rennfamily
bobi1218
lissalue
Sanibelle
snowbear
jjminarcik
snowbear
Sanibelle
lissalue
bobi1218
rennfamily

Pretty Purples Shawl
Abbily
jeanius80
threesmom
stagebear
Shandeh
jhelanee
Shandeh
stagebear
threesmom
jeanius80
Abbily

Candy Shop Shawl
PaperGirl
mintdee
PixieKnits
Shandeh
snowbear
jhelanee
threesmom
GennyLynn1962
mintdee
PaperGirl

Summer Shades Shawl
Dangles
MommaG
Jenelle
jjminarcik
Teeka
rennfamily
Teeka
jjminarcik
Abbily
MommaG
Dangles

Sunshine Shawl
kellycarr05
losnana
ElenTikvah
Teeka
lissalue
GennyLynn1962
lissalue
Teeka
ElenTikvah
losnana
kellycarr05

lissalue
04-18-2007, 09:30 AM
you know i am in! i love these things!! :heart:

Shandeh
04-18-2007, 10:38 AM
Me too! :hug:

Hey, if nobody else signs up, you and I can knit them all! :teehee:

lissalue
04-18-2007, 10:45 AM
Me too! :hug:

Hey, if nobody else signs up, you and I can knit them all! :teehee:

works for me! a good excuse to get together more often!! :shifty:

:teehee:

beckyrhae
04-18-2007, 10:45 AM
Count me in on this one as well. Seeing as our second blanket went to Italy I need more than one charity, giving project to work on. :teehee:

Shandeh
04-18-2007, 11:21 AM
:teehee: Thanks for joining! :hug:

rennfamily
04-18-2007, 12:16 PM
Count me in too Sandy!

PaperGirl
04-18-2007, 12:21 PM
Awwwww! I love this idea too!

Count me in too! :heart:

Shandeh
04-18-2007, 12:28 PM
Yay! :cheering: :happydance: :cheering:

lissalue
04-18-2007, 03:40 PM
Yay!!! :cheering: :cheering:

Dangles
04-18-2007, 05:22 PM
hmmm ... glances over at the 1lb sport dk yarn obtained many moons ago when I attempted to crochet.

RiverDaughter
04-18-2007, 05:22 PM
I'm all in, as I can't see myself invading Italy for the Blanket right now. :roflhard:

Shandeh
04-18-2007, 06:38 PM
Cool....6 confirmed knitters so far.

Dangles, have you made your decision yet? Maybe we could have you start it off and mail it to me.

We need to check out the mail service in the other direction.... :teehee:

Dangles
04-19-2007, 01:32 AM

Dangles, have you made your decision yet? Maybe we could have you start it off and mail it to me.

:teehee: Yah, I can do that. Will sport DK work?

GennyLynn1962
04-19-2007, 08:05 AM
Ohhh, can I play????

Yet another WONDERFUL idea Sandy!!!!

Shandeh
04-19-2007, 08:21 AM

:teehee: Yah, I can do that. Will sport DK work?

Cool Dangles! :happydance: :cheering:

So, you're gonna start off our shawl and mail it to me.

You can use size 8 or 9 needles. DK or sportweight yarn are almost the same, so either will be fine. If you want to keep your needles, just run a thread through the stitches when you finish your section before you mail it to me.

We usually include a small journal with our projects, so we can write our thoughts as we are knitting. You can get an inexpensive journal, or you can just leave that part out, and I'll add it when the shawl comes to me.

Here's the pattern, which I found online HERE (http://www.knittinggeek.com/howto/shawlworkshop.htm).

Simplest Shawl in Garter Stitch
This is the basic pattern:
Cast on 3 stitches
Row One - K1, YO, knit to end of row. Turn.
Repeat Row One for every row

This will make a garter stitch (every row knitted) shawl with a row of eyelets along both sides where you increase at the beginning of each row. The advantage to a garter stitch shawl is that it will not curl on the edges.

SO, this means that everyone will be knitting in garter stitch, to keep things simple. No calculations necessary. :thumbsup:

Attached is a photo of a completed Oddball Shawl for our reference.

Shandeh
04-19-2007, 08:27 AM
Ohhh, can I play????
Yet another WONDERFUL idea Sandy!!!!
Of course! The more, the merrier! :)

GennyLynn1962
04-19-2007, 09:00 AM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Rennagayle
04-19-2007, 10:32 AM
How will you determine how much each person will knit. since unlike the blanket, three inches at the end of the shawl will be considerably more knitting than three inches at the beginning? :??

Shandeh
04-20-2007, 02:13 AM
We can each knit for 2, 3, or 4 inches, depending on how much time we have available. Then, we will post photos showing our progress. When the shawl looks like a good size, we will decide who to give it to.

The list of knitters can grow every day, because we can make several shawls. They will be much quicker to knit, and won't be expensive to mail to each other, so we won't have to worry about putting the names in any sort of order.

mintdee
04-20-2007, 11:50 AM
This is wonderful idea Sandy :)

I would like to be a part of this as well. :hug:

Do we need a specific type of yarn (all wool or mix...)
Thanks!

Shandeh
04-20-2007, 06:34 PM
I would like to be a part of this as well. :hug:
Do we need a specific type of yarn (all wool or mix...)
Hi Sandra! :hug:
Just send me a PM with your mailing address, and I'll add you to the list of knitters.

I'm thinking that the yarn should be something NICE and SOFT, that we will all appreciate. It doesn't matter what fiber we use, because we are all knitters, and would know how to take care of it. The only thing we would need to avoid is yarn that requires dry cleaning.

(We will put in a note with the shawl, including cleaning instructions.)
"Wash by Hand in Cold Water. Air Dry on a Flat Surface. Block if necessary"

RiverDaughter
04-20-2007, 06:41 PM
I have a really nice leftover sport yarn that I want to use on this in my collecton. :heart:

losnana
04-20-2007, 08:19 PM
Sandy, add me in. You have my address for the 2nd and 3rd blankets. What great ideas you have!!!

bobi1218
04-20-2007, 08:39 PM
Sandy, we should elect you the Official KnittingHelp.com Good Samaritan! You are incredible :)

I'd like to play as well. Do you still have my address, or do you need it again?

ElenTikvah
04-20-2007, 10:44 PM
I would love to join! I love this idea...and I can tell you that this pattern makes a wonderful shawl! Modified, it makes a wonderful baby blanket or small throw too! :)

~Tik

Shandeh
04-20-2007, 11:00 PM
Aw! You guys are so SWEET to me!! :muah:
I feel like I've been kissed by angels! :angelgrin:

Thank you all SO much for joining. I can't wait to see the smiling faces of the recipients of our shawls! :)

(By the way, if you've already joined another Oddball KAL, I already have your address.) :thumbsup:

jeanius80
04-21-2007, 08:53 PM
add me please shandeh

ETA-btw- does dk=two strands of fingering? i just want to make sure i use the right weight of yarn

and the shawl you posted is so beautiful shandeh! :heart:

Shandeh
04-22-2007, 08:02 AM
Thanks for joining, jeanius80! :hug:

I would think that two strands of fine fingering would work fine. One strand of DK or sportweight would work well too. We just want it to be light, soft, and beautiful.

I've been dreaming about this shawl!!! :inlove: :heart:

MaryB
04-23-2007, 11:47 AM
:waving: Me too! :waving:

I agree---you are KH's Good Samaritan. You get us working on acts of kindness! :hug:

You have my address from blanket #3.

Shandeh
04-23-2007, 02:23 PM
Thanks for joining, MaryB! :hug:

Last night, I started one of our shawls. I believe that we should make about 3 or 4 to start, and choose a "color scheme" for each of them.

Maybe Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter? :thinking:
(pastels, brights, earthtones, jeweltones)

Or Earthtones, Blues, Reds, Greens, Purples? :shrug:

Anyway, last night, I started an earthtones shawl, with a rust colored Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk DK. Which one of you would like to knit next on the earthtones shawl?

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/215/470208267_0f72089d3a.jpg

By the way, here is our list of Oddball Shawl Knitters:

Dangles
Shandeh
lissalue
beckyrhae
PaperGirl
rennfamily
RiverDaughter
GennyLynn1962
mintdee
jeanius80
MaryB

Also, one more thing. I will not be sending knitting needles with this project, because I want it to be ready to give to a member of the forum when it is finished, without having to come back to me.

So, just use any size 8 needles you have in your stash. Straights, circulars, whatever will work. I have slipped all my stitches onto a strand of Debbie Bliss Pure Silk yarn. (a little piece of heaven!) :heart:

MaryB
04-23-2007, 02:27 PM
Send it on----I'm ready to add to your beautiful Debbie Bliss!

Shandeh
04-23-2007, 05:40 PM
Thanks, MaryB! :muah:

I'll get it out to you as soon as I have enough energy to drive to the post office. :wink:

(I'm sick this week. :pout: )

MaryB
04-23-2007, 05:47 PM
Sandy, there is no rush. I read your blog and was aware of your dental and anti-biotic issues. Don't worry, Honey. The shawl will get done when it gets done. Be good to yourself for awhile-----you spend so much time doing things for others. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

losnana
04-24-2007, 07:20 AM
Sandy, somehow I'm not on the list. Can you add me now. I posted a few days ago.

bobi1218
04-24-2007, 07:57 AM
I'm not on the list yet either, Sandy. I signed up right after losnana. Thanks!

GennyLynn1962
04-24-2007, 08:22 AM
I can work on any shawl at any time, whatever is convenient for eveybody else, just let me know a few days ahead so I can start looking at yarn (such a chore). :teehee:

Any suggestions from any of you on brands of yarn would be appreciated, I don't have a LYS so I would be getting it at WalMart or Michaels.

Shandeh
04-24-2007, 01:37 PM
Sandy, somehow I'm not on the list. Can you add me now. I posted a few days ago.
I'm not on the list yet either, Sandy. I signed up right after losnana. Thanks!
Strange. :??
Oh well....maybe it's all this medication I've been taking. :teehee:
I'll add you right now.

Any suggestions from any of you on brands of yarn would be appreciated, I don't have a LYS so I would be getting it at WalMart or Michaels.
Michaels has some decent yarns that would work. Just look for some really good soft yarns in a DK or sportweight thickness. These shawls should be something any of us would enjoy having.

Here's the updated shawl knitters list:
Shandeh
Dangles
lissalue
beckyrhae
PaperGirl
rennfamily
RiverDaughter
GennyLynn1962
mintdee
jeanius80
MaryB
losnana
bobi1218
ElenTikvah

GennyLynn1962
04-24-2007, 01:56 PM
k

:hug:

Shandeh
04-24-2007, 02:46 PM
Genny, I looked online at the yarns Michaels offers, and found this good option for the Oddball Shawl: Patons Lacette (http://www.michaels.com/art/online/displayProductPage?productNum=nw0277&channelid=)
Here (http://www.patonsyarns.com/product.php?LGC=lacette) is a page that shows all the different colors of that yarn.

MommaG
04-24-2007, 02:55 PM
Can I play. I would love to get in on this one too. Shandeh you should have a pm with my address.

Jenelle
04-24-2007, 02:57 PM
I'd love to get in on this one!

Shandeh
04-24-2007, 03:33 PM
Thank you, ladies! :muah:

Updated List of Shawl Knitters:
Shandeh
Dangles
lissalue
beckyrhae
PaperGirl
rennfamily
RiverDaughter
GennyLynn1962
mintdee
jeanius80
MaryB
losnana
bobi1218
ElenTikvah
Jenelle
MommaG
carmabelle1191

carmabelle1191
04-24-2007, 06:04 PM
Must...join...in...can't resist!

(Shandeh, if you're going like this :whoosh:, that's a yes. :teehee: . You should have my address, right?)

Shandeh
04-24-2007, 07:28 PM
Must...join...in...can't resist!

(Shandeh, if you're going like this :whoosh:, that's a yes. :teehee: . You should have my address, right?)

Silly Sarah. :teehee: The only time I look like that is when I wander into Brownishcoat's KH Blog. I added you to the list above your message.

lissalue
04-24-2007, 07:45 PM
i will take whatever shawl whenever, and i will even start one if you want me to Sandy! :hug:

GennyLynn1962
04-24-2007, 08:44 PM
Sandy, Thanks for the yarn suggestion, I'll give a look-see at our local store when it's close to my turn.

Abbily
04-26-2007, 04:00 PM
OK, add me to your list! This is such a wonderful idea! :)

I'll pm you. :)

P.S. I'd be happy to start one, too!

rennfamily
04-26-2007, 06:08 PM
Sandy I keep meaning to say that I'd be happy to start one as well.

Shandeh
04-26-2007, 11:13 PM
Alright, I'm making an executive decision about our shawls.

We'll start THREE shawls now, and use the following people to start them off: Shandeh (me), rennfamily, and Abbily (Thank you all for volunteering to start a shawl!) :hug:

And here are all the rest of the knitters, who have also agreed to knit on the shawls:
mintdee
jeanius80
losnana
ElenTikvah
Dangles
Jenelle
carmabelle1191
RiverDaughter
lissalue
GennyLynn1962
MaryB
MommaG
bobi1218
PaperGirl
beckyrhae

I'm mailing my shawl to MaryB tomorrow morning, and it's destined to be an "earthtones" shawl. The rest of the shawls can be in any color you guys choose. :)

So, you other three can get knitting now, and when you're ready for another knitter to start, just post a message here, or send me a PM.

Let's get this party started! :happydance: :cheering: :happydance:

(edited to change to 3 shawls instead of 4)

MaryB
04-27-2007, 08:10 AM
:cheering:I'm going to get the shawl next! :happydance: :cheering: :happydance:

Who is next on the list? Have you decided on a travel plan for the shawl? :shrug:

Hope you are feeling better, Sandy! :hug:

PaperGirl
04-27-2007, 09:55 AM
:cheering: Yay! Cant wait!

Shandeh
04-27-2007, 03:18 PM
I'm excited too! :balloons:

We have so many Oddball projects traveling all over the place. It's WAY COOL!

Did you know that we have 73 knitters involved in all of them? :thumbsup:

As for the travel plan for our shawl, here's what I'm thinking.

IT'S UP FOR GRABS!!! :teehee:

Whenever anyone finishes their portion, they will post about it here in this thread, and one of us will say "Send it to me!". :)

I think that will add to the excitement of the project. I'll still be the contact person for all the addresses, so I'll take care of that part.

Just to let you all know, one of our knitters had to hold off on starting one right now, so we're starting off with 3 shawls.

carmabelle1191
04-27-2007, 03:40 PM
That's a good idea! It's all about being spontaneous! :happydance:
73 knitters! Wow, it's so nice how we are all willing to give up a little time to make something for charity! :cheering:

rennfamily
04-28-2007, 08:22 AM
OK I cast on last night and did my 4 inches. Who wants it? I haven't had a chance to take pictures yet as it's in our room and DH just went to sleep. But I'll definitely take some and post them by tomorrow. I used Encore colorspun in 7125 http://www.yarndex.com/yarn.cfm?yarn_id=335

bobi1218
04-28-2007, 09:14 AM
I'll take it, Holly!!

jeanius80
04-28-2007, 02:09 PM
i am ready whenever!

rennfamily
04-28-2007, 08:14 PM
Robyn I'm just waiting for Sandy to send me the info. I'm assuming since you were first to reply back you are who I'm sending it too, which is funny since you're sending #3 to me. What kind of yarns do you like? Anything special you want? Gotta send goodies.

bobi1218
04-28-2007, 08:57 PM
Holly, you're so sweet!! I'm just excited to be a part of so many charity and care projects :cheering:

I'm pretty easy when it comes to knitting stuff. I'm still pretty much a newbie, so I get pretty happy about anything :) I've been wanting to play around with dyeing yarn, I love "browsing" knitting mags, and I really want to try my hand at socks - I haven't been brave enough yet! Other than knitting, I'm a SAHM to 2 kids - Owen is 3 and Mariana is 11 months. I like to read, play outside with the kids and dog, normal mom stuff :)

Shandeh
04-29-2007, 02:04 AM
I'll send the info right away! :muah:

It warms my heart to see all of us getting to know each other better. :heart:

rennfamily
04-30-2007, 07:47 AM
I'm officially passing off the shawl tomorrow evening promptly at 4 pm to Robyn. I've been trying desperately to get to her LYS so we decided to meet up there. MMMM I see some Malabrigo in my future!!

Shandeh
04-30-2007, 11:39 AM
I'm officially passing off the shawl tomorrow evening promptly at 4 pm to Robyn. I've been trying desperately to get to her LYS so we decided to meet up there. MMMM I see some Malabrigo in my future!!
Woo Hoo! Passing off a shawl, going to a yarn shop, and getting Malabrigo. This Oddball Shawl has definitely made your life more interesting! :)

bobi1218
04-30-2007, 02:44 PM

Yay!! And you can help me pick out the "perfect" yarn to compliment the shawl :) See you tomorrow!!

rennfamily
04-30-2007, 03:46 PM
HA! I'm no good at colors. Probably why everything I've done so far has been one color or made from a varigated yarn. :rofl: But I'd be happy to help you pick something out. Now DH will be frustrated by the time we get there cause I took off all day tomorrow to get some things done and I'll be walking around going is it 4 yet? Is it 4 yet? I'm like a big old kid.

Shandeh
04-30-2007, 09:45 PM

bobi1218
05-01-2007, 08:51 PM
I have the shawl!! I'll work on it tonight, once the kiddos are settled and the havoc they've created during the day is cleaned up :) Holly (rennfamily) did a great job, so I'm eager to pick up where she left off.

Holly and her husband are really nice, and their DS is absolutely adorable. Holly gave me 2 skeins of Yarn on the Avenue yarn as well, in a pretty teal blue and pink color, so I get to think up a project for that as well :)

I'll post pictures once I'm done.

Shandeh
05-01-2007, 09:04 PM
Neato! :)

carmabelle1191
05-01-2007, 09:43 PM
Sandy, is there going to be a blog for the shawl? I love looking at them. :hug: (Not to pressure you or anything-just if you want to!)

Shandeh
05-01-2007, 10:10 PM
I can make a blog if you guys want me to.

Abbily
05-02-2007, 09:36 AM
Eeek, I need to get my bum in gear! I have the yarn but I haven't started yet... I'll do that tonight!

rennfamily
05-02-2007, 02:21 PM
:oops: Thanks Robyn. We were late and I can't stand that all cause DH had to ask a million in one questions about getting his eye lasered and he needs to just do it. Would have taken less time if he had just had it done. OH well. Robyn is so sweet and her kids are precious!! Her son was so cute when she looked at the yarn I gave He had to see it too and then promptly told her it was beautiful. As promised pics: http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/renfamily/spinknit/DSC_0008.jpghttp://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/renfamily/spinknit/DSC_0007.jpg It's curled on the needles only because of the cable. It actually lays flat.

carmabelle1191
05-02-2007, 02:38 PM
Pretty. :inlove: Great job!

Shandeh
05-02-2007, 04:38 PM
That yarn is so bright and beautiful! :heart:

bobi1218
05-03-2007, 08:01 AM
I'm finished my part of the shawl!! I used Berroco Touche' (50% Cotton, 50% Rayon) in color 7970 Nectar. Its a nice warm peachy orange color that compliments Holly's variegated yarn perfectly.

So who wants it next? :)

Mod squad was here! Photo resize~~Ang

Shandeh
05-03-2007, 08:30 AM
I knew these things were gonna go fast! :)
Purty!

carmabelle1191
05-03-2007, 10:24 AM
I love that color!
Though the farther down the line you are, the more you have to knit. :teehee:

lissalue
05-03-2007, 10:44 AM
Robyn, I'll go next! I have some yarn that will be perfect for it!

rennfamily
05-03-2007, 11:02 AM
Robyn It's beautiful!! You did a fabulous job!

GennyLynn1962
05-03-2007, 02:12 PM
It's so pretty!!!! :heart:

You all have done a wonderful job!!

I ready at anytime, if I don't respond here on the KAL section you can PM me. But, I'll try to check here at least a couple of times a day.

Shandeh
05-03-2007, 10:06 PM
Melissa, I gave Robyn your address! :hug:

Shandeh
05-03-2007, 10:49 PM
MaryB, did you get the shawl yet? :pout:

Rennfamily and bobi1218, it looks like you both chose to use worsted weight yarn. That's fine. Let's just keep that particular shawl as a worsted weight shawl.

The shawl I started will be a DK or sportweight shawl.

By the way, I just made our blog: :)
http://oddballshawls.blogspot.com/

GennyLynn1962
05-04-2007, 08:03 AM
The blog looks great! You are talented in so many ways.

:muah:

PaperGirl
05-04-2007, 12:23 PM
Im ready for which ever whenever! :cheering:

The shawl looks so pretty!

Shandeh
05-04-2007, 11:46 PM
PaperGirl, if you want, you can start another shawl for us!

Just use a very nice DK or sportweight yarn in your stash, with size 8 needles, and cast on 3 stitches.

Then Knit 1, YO, and knit the rest of the row.
Repeat that row on every row.

When you get 4 inches complete, let us know, and we'll see who wants it next!

Shandeh
05-04-2007, 11:47 PM
the farther down the line you are, the more you have to knit. :teehee:
Very true. Our final knitters can just knit an inch or two if they want.

Dangles
05-05-2007, 04:33 AM
I did it! I did it. :) I made my first (part of shawl) and it even has a YO. ;) :teehee: I didn't think, more like too chicken, to try it. :oops: Pics to come.

Shandeh
05-05-2007, 12:54 PM
Yay!! Way to go, Dangles!!! :happydance:

If you want, you can send your shawl to MommaG. She is also in Canada, so the package would not have to go through customs to get to her.

Are you available, MommaG?

MommaG
05-05-2007, 12:58 PM
YES I am ready to work on it. it will give me a brek from my WIP's
Dangles Shandeh has my address.

Shandeh
05-05-2007, 01:09 PM
Woo Hoo! That was FAST!

I'm so glad we can get this shawl going! :cheering:

Dangles, I just sent MommaG's mailing address to you. :hug:

Shandeh
05-05-2007, 01:23 PM
OK, if everyone is COMPLETELY confused by now, let me set the record straight.

Right now, we have 4 shawls in progress. (5 if PaperGirl starts one)

1) I started one, and it went to MaryB. (DK or sportweight)
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/215/470208267_0f72089d3a_m.jpg

2) rennfamily started one, and it went to bobi1218, and is now on its way to lissalue. (worsted weight)
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/200/483338246_d9e5e7a0c4_m.jpg

3) Dangles started one, and it's on its way to MommaG.

4) Abbily is starting one now.

I have been asked if we have definite recipients in mind yet for the shawls. My answer is "sort of". I have a list of recipients I am considering, and I will send it out to all of you, asking for your votes. If you have any ideas of your own, just send me a message.

We want to give the shawls to members of our forum that need our encouragement right now. They may be going through an emotional problem, or a physical hardship. Or, maybe they are just lonely.

We may or may not post about it here in the forum, depending on the privacy wishes of the recipient.

Abbily
05-05-2007, 01:38 PM
Shandeh, who do you want me to send mine to? I'll post a pic as soon as I get around to going out to the garage for my camera. :)

Carey

Shandeh
05-05-2007, 01:42 PM
Well, there are two knitters in here that have offered to take the next shawl.

GennyLynn1962 and jeanius80 are both available. :thinking:
Genny is in Kentucky, and jeanius is in Washington, so they are at opposite ends of the nation, and you're smack dab in the middle of them!

Hey! :figureditout: Why don't you flip a coin to choose one of them?

RiverDaughter
05-05-2007, 01:52 PM
I'm probably going to start a shawl tonight, if I can finish rolling my hank into a ball (it's a little tangled, but not too much). It's a sport weight, dark blue with light blue merino wool and silk blend. :teehee:

Shandeh
05-05-2007, 05:44 PM
Woo Hoo! That yarn sounds GORGEOUS!!! :heart:

jeanius80
05-05-2007, 06:41 PM
abbily- what colors & wieght is yours? you know, just in case it comes to me, i wanna be ready! :teehee:

snephenie
05-05-2007, 08:26 PM
Is it too late to join?? I've been wanting to be more active on this forum and with my knitting and I think this is the perfect way to do it.

I love doing the Caps for the Capital project.

anyhow let me know.

mintdee
05-06-2007, 12:39 AM
I am free whenever someone finishes their turn on a shawl. Just let me know :) :hug:

Shandeh
05-06-2007, 01:44 AM
Is it too late to join?? I've been wanting to be more active on this forum and with my knitting and I think this is the perfect way to do it.

I love doing the Caps for the Capital project.

anyhow let me know.

It's NEVER too late to join in on the shawls, because they will just keep going and going....like the Energizer bunny. :teehee:

Just send me a PM with your mailing address, and I'll put you on the list.

Abbily
05-06-2007, 09:32 PM
jeanius- well, I'm a new knitter and so don't have a huge stash.... so I chose a ball of Paton's Glittalic in light purple... it's listed as bulky but I don't see that at all! Anyway, I just thought it would be nice to have a soft furry yarn, and it's a little sparkly too. You want it? I'll be happy to send it to you! :)

Also, I thought I would put the rest of the ball of yarn in the package. Since it's a novelty yarn, and quite furry, I thought it might be fun if it reappeared later on- as the last row, perhaps, or just randomly throughout... I'll leave that up to the others who get the shawl. I thought we could all send it along each time, and whoever wants to use it, can. Or not, if no-one else thinks that's a good idea. :)

Carey

MaryB
05-06-2007, 09:46 PM
I am finished with my part of the beautiful DK weight shawl that Sandy started. This one is in earth tones. Sandy started with wonderful burnt orange and I added 3" of moss green. :happydance:

I would post a picture, but the camera is with my daughter. :shrug: At least I remembered to bring the knitting home with me. :doh:

Who wants the DK weight soft and silky shawl next?

beckyrhae
05-06-2007, 09:59 PM
I'll take it! Me me me!

PaperGirl
05-06-2007, 11:06 PM
PaperGirl, if you want, you can start another shawl for us!

Just use a very nice DK or sportweight yarn in your stash, with size 8 needles, and cast on 3 stitches.

Then Knit 1, YO, and knit the rest of the row.
Repeat that row on every row.

When you get 4 inches complete, let us know, and we'll see who wants it next!

:oops: Sorry for not answering earlier....I was busy packing DH and getting him ready to leave.

I have a pretty orange colored sport yarn Im dying to find a idea for...and I think this may be it! Or I can use a brown...Ill go back and look at pictures...
:cheering:

Now I gotta go steal my size 8 needles back from DD...or finish the dishcloth on my set of 8s.... :??

jeanius80
05-06-2007, 11:08 PM
jeanius- well, I'm a new knitter and so don't have a huge stash.... so I chose a ball of Paton's Glittalic in light purple... it's listed as bulky but I don't see that at all! Anyway, I just thought it would be nice to have a soft furry yarn, and it's a little sparkly too. You want it? I'll be happy to send it to you! :)

Also, I thought I would put the rest of the ball of yarn in the package. Since it's a novelty yarn, and quite furry, I thought it might be fun if it reappeared later on- as the last row, perhaps, or just randomly throughout... I'll leave that up to the others who get the shawl. I thought we could all send it along each time, and whoever wants to use it, can. Or not, if no-one else thinks that's a good idea. :)

Carey
i think its a great idea to add the furry yarn in later, and yup send it on here! i am ready :happydance:

Shandeh
05-07-2007, 12:09 AM
I'll take it! Me me me!
Okey dokey, Becky! I'll send your mailing address to MaryB :hug:

beckyrhae
05-07-2007, 12:20 PM
I'll take it! Me me me!

Yipee!! :cheering:

Abbily
05-07-2007, 12:27 PM
Here's my start, soon to be sent to Jeanius80. :)

GennyLynn1962
05-07-2007, 03:34 PM
I'm ready for a shawl at anytime, any shawl, from anywhere. :teehee:

snephenie
05-07-2007, 08:11 PM

Ditto!!!

Shandeh
05-07-2007, 10:40 PM
Poor Genny! It looks like the coin toss was won by jeanius80. :pout:

We'll make sure a shawl gets to you next! :thumbsup:

RiverDaughter
05-07-2007, 11:21 PM
I'll be ready to send my shawl out on Friday morning. It's dark blue and a lighter blue, knit on size 9 needles. Any takers? :hug:

Shandeh
05-07-2007, 11:24 PM
GennyLynn1962 is ready! :happydance:
I'll send you her mailing address.

snephenie
05-08-2007, 12:41 AM
If we need/want to start another shawl let me know...I'd be happy to start one.

Shandeh
05-08-2007, 05:52 AM
I'll let you know, Steph.

It looks like we have 6 going right now, so that might be enough for a while.

Here are the people who have started a shawl:
Shandeh
rennfamily
Abbily
Dangles
PaperGirl (I think)
RiverDaughter

I would like to take a poll soon to find out who we should give the shawls to. I don't think it will take long to have some shawls ready! :)

GennyLynn1962
05-08-2007, 07:41 AM
:cheering:

RiverDaughter - what weight yarn did you use?

RiverDaughter
05-08-2007, 11:21 AM
It's a sport weight yarn, Genny. I hope you can match it nicely, it's a little on the thin side, but it's soooo soft. :cheering:

GennyLynn1962
05-08-2007, 11:59 AM
When it gets here I'll try to match it, in the meantime I will look around to get some ideas. Such a chore, looking at yarn. :teehee:

Shandeh
05-08-2007, 02:56 PM

PaperGirl
05-08-2007, 03:27 PM
I'll let you know, Steph.

It looks like we have 6 going right now, so that might be enough for a while.

Here are the people who have started a shawl:
Shandeh
rennfamily
Abbily
Dangles
PaperGirl (I think)
RiverDaughter

I would like to take a poll soon to find out who we should give the shawls to. I don't think it will take long to have some shawls ready! :)

Yes...I have one Ill be finishing up tonight. I need to take a picture and post it....But I can send it out this weekend to the next person! :cheering:

Shandeh
05-08-2007, 03:40 PM
Yay!

Mintdee is ready to knit next!

MaryB
05-08-2007, 04:55 PM
I'll take it! Me me me!

Yipee!! :cheering:

:woohoo: I mailed the shawl this afternoon! :woohoo:

Shandeh
05-09-2007, 02:55 AM
Yay! :cheering:

PaperGirl
05-09-2007, 01:38 PM
Yay!

Mintdee is ready to knit next!

Yay! Can you send me her addy? :muah:

lissalue
05-09-2007, 02:50 PM
I got the shawl from bobi1218 today!! it is beautiful and she sent me some nice goodies as well. i will post pics after church tonight! :happydance:

threesmom
05-09-2007, 04:16 PM
Can I play too?? I love to knit and give, and this would give me a way to be a little more active on the forum too. Please? I'll even take it when it's big and unwieldy :teehee: Or now, or whenever - Nothing terribly critical on my needles.

MommaG
05-09-2007, 05:19 PM
I purchased a couple of things to put in the box for when I get to pass it on. I got some CANADIAN stuff. I am assuming I will be passing it on to someone down in the states.

Dangles, have you sent it yet? Huh huh have yah. I am just bugging. I am excited to be a part of these. Please let me know when you do so I can keep my eye out for it.

Shandeh
05-09-2007, 08:22 PM
:teehee: You guys are just having TOO much fun with this.

Thanks for joining, threesmom! :muah:

Here is our updated list of shawl knitters:
Shandeh
Dangles
rennfamily
Abbily
mintdee
jeanius80
losnana
ElenTikvah
Jenelle
carmabelle1191
RiverDaughter
lissalue
GennyLynn1962
MaryB
MommaG
bobi1218
PaperGirl
beckyrhae
snephenie
threesmom

I'm looking forward to seeing the photos, Melissa!

RiverDaughter
05-10-2007, 03:04 AM
I'm sending my part of the shawl out in the morning post tomorrow. Genny, I hope you can eat non-vegan chocolate. :teehee:

GennyLynn1962
05-10-2007, 08:10 AM
Genny, I hope you can eat non-vegan chocolate. :teehee:

Yummm, I eat ALL forms of chocolate!! :teehee:

Thanks, :hug:

I'm so excited to be getting the shawl.

Abbily
05-10-2007, 02:16 PM
My little triangle is in the mail to jeanius80! :) I can't wait to see pics of it's transformation.... :D

RiverDaughter
05-10-2007, 04:07 PM
It should be at your place Monday, at the latest, Genny. :cheering:

Shandeh
05-10-2007, 04:16 PM
So many shawls! It's so COOL to see this idea take flight! :cheering:

beckyrhae
05-10-2007, 05:00 PM
Lookie what arrived in the mail today from MaryB!! :cheering: Yipee!! :cheering:

I have found the perfect yarn as well... Alpaca! with nice earthy hues of orange and green as well as pink and blue for an added splash of color.

Mary also left it on some needles, she said picking up the stitches was a pain! So these needles need to be retuned to her once the shawl outgrows them or is finished... THANK YOU MARY!

Shandeh
05-10-2007, 05:52 PM
MaryB is such an angel!! :muah:

We'll be SURE to return your needles to you. If we somehow lose them, we'll take up a collection to buy a new set. :hug:

MaryB, what yarn did you use for the shawl?

MaryB
05-10-2007, 06:13 PM
I meant to send the yarn lable with the shawl. :wall: It is Uruguay DK from Queensland Collection. It is merino wool, alpaca and silk.

I do not need the needles returned to me. It was a spare set that I had in my stash. The circular needle is only 29" long-----most likely not long enough for the later parts of the shawl.

:cheering: This is such a great idea. Thanks, Sandy for getting us started! :cheering:

beckyrhae
05-10-2007, 06:15 PM
Ok. Honest oppinion needed. You know how yarn can look completely different in the ball than when you knit it up? I was thinking this was fairly earthy tones, the green and orange anyway, but now I'm not so sure ... seems a bit bright. I knitted a few rows to get a better idea. Also, it says DK, but it is definately lighter weight than the first two yarns.

So... do we like it? Or should I find something a little less "bright" ?

Shandeh
05-10-2007, 06:27 PM
I LOVE it!!! I think it will add a bit of "spice" to our earthtones shawl. :)

Shandeh
05-10-2007, 06:30 PM
I meant to send the yarn lable with the shawl. :wall: It is Uruguay DK from Queensland Collection. It is merino wool, alpaca and silk.

I do not need the needles returned to me. It was a spare set that I had in my stash. The circular needle is only 29" long-----most likely not long enough for the later parts of the shawl.

:cheering: This is such a great idea. Thanks, Sandy for getting us started! :cheering:

OK then, we will keep the needles with the shawl, and then when the shawl is finished, we'll immediately start ANOTHER shawl with the same needles! :thumbsup:

The needles should be long enough, even when the shawl gets wide. The stitches should fit on a 29" circular with no problem at all. We're using a 29" circular for our Oddball Blankets, and those things are 60 inches wide!

beckyrhae
05-10-2007, 06:31 PM
Well Sandy, if you like it and I like it, then I'll continue! :)

MaryB
05-10-2007, 06:35 PM
I agree-----your yarn is a perfect addition to the earthtone shawl.

Knit on!!! xxx

RiverDaughter
05-10-2007, 07:11 PM

Eep, mine is some hand spun and dyed stuff that I bought nearly a year ago, and has no label. I know it's wool, but I can't remember if it's part silk or not.

threesmom
05-10-2007, 09:22 PM
Wow - all of these in-progress shawls look great - I love seeing each section get added. I'm so psyched to be part of this! Can't wait for my turn! I might even be forced to ... shop for some yarn for it - oh no! :teehee:

Shandeh
05-10-2007, 09:55 PM
RiverDaughter, it's okay. We don't HAVE to know the name brand. No worries, my friend! :hug:

snephenie
05-11-2007, 02:10 AM
Yay!! It looks great!!! :)

GennyLynn1962
05-11-2007, 08:38 AM
It should be at your place Monday, at the latest, Genny. :cheering:

:happydance: :cheering: :happydance:

I'll be watching for it.

beckyrhae
05-11-2007, 09:06 AM
I have finished my part of the shawl. So who wants the DK/sport weight, earth tones shawl next??

so far....

MaryB
05-11-2007, 09:15 AM
Becky, that looks wonderful. I am so glad you went ahead with your yarn----it adds just the right spice to the shawl. :muah:

beckyrhae
05-11-2007, 09:39 AM
Becky, that looks wonderful. I am so glad you went ahead with your yarn----it adds just the right spice to the shawl. :muah:

awww... thanks! I had a good base to work with. :teehee:

snephenie
05-11-2007, 10:20 AM

Like I said, I'm ready whenever!!! :)

Abbily
05-11-2007, 10:53 AM
Becky, I think it looks great!!

threesmom
05-11-2007, 11:41 AM
Wow Becky - that looks great - it really brings the colors together. I'm ready too, but I think snephenie had dibs ...

Shandeh
05-11-2007, 12:03 PM
Snephenie it is! I'll send her address right away.

MaryB
05-11-2007, 12:21 PM
I have 1 and 1/2 balls of the green yarn that I used. I would be happy to send it to anyone who might want to incorporate it later in the shawl.

OR-------we could always start another shawl. :shrug:

Shandeh
05-11-2007, 12:52 PM
Sounds good MaryB. Hang onto it, you might be able to use it in another shawl. Right now, we have 6 going. Maybe you can use it on one of those?

snephenie
05-11-2007, 07:41 PM

Yay!!! Now to dig through the stash for some earth tones!!!! Hmm may have to shop :teehee:

Shandeh
05-11-2007, 07:42 PM

beckyrhae
05-11-2007, 07:59 PM

Yay!!! Now to dig through the stash for some earth tones!!!! Hmm may have to shop :teehee:

I finished quickly, but I wont make it to the post office until Monday. So you have the weekend to search your stash AND SHOP!

jeanius80
05-12-2007, 03:48 PM
i got the shawl today! I need to look and see wht i have in a similar weight :happydance: thanks for the cookies abbily! i will post pics tonight..

Shandeh
05-12-2007, 04:28 PM
Yay!

We have two knitters ready to go:
threesmom and Sanibelle

Oh! And I would like to work on one again too.
I miss knitting shawls and blankets. :pout:

jeanius80
05-12-2007, 08:13 PM
abbily- do you recall what size needle you used? does it matter? i was going to use 7s. TIA

jeanius80
05-13-2007, 04:27 PM
here are pics of the shawl, i am using size 8 needles an double stranding to match abbily's pretty yarn!

snephenie
05-13-2007, 05:43 PM
Oooh I like those colors!! Very nice!!

Shandeh
05-13-2007, 07:33 PM
Neat! What kind of yarn are you using?

jeanius80
05-13-2007, 09:02 PM
i am using jojoland quartette color 210-504 (http://cgi.ebay.com/440-yds-cashmere-merino-sock-yarn-fingering-purple-504_W0QQitemZ320113342007QQihZ011QQcategoryZ36594Q QcmdZViewItem), its a merino/cashmere blend, fingering weight. i am double stranding, and its knitting up fast! I am going to take it to a KIP'ing on the 17th, but i will be done then, who wants it next? i can drop it in the mail thursday or friday... any takers for a pretty purples shawl? :eyebrow:

Abbily
05-13-2007, 09:43 PM
Jeanius, I love it! :) I used size 8's as well.

lissalue
05-13-2007, 10:29 PM
finished my part on the shawl yesterday. pics to come soon. who wants it next? so far it has a varigated yarn with reds, oranges and greens, orange, and my sage green.

Shandeh
05-14-2007, 12:37 AM
Pretty yarn, jeanius!!! :heart:
You can send your shawl to threesmom.

Lissalue, which yarn did you use?
Your shawl can go to Sanibelle.

(I'm trying to keep track of the yarns so I can list them in the blog.)
I'll send mailing addresses to you right away!

GennyLynn1962
05-14-2007, 07:51 AM
Sandy - I don't see how you can keep up with all of the shawls and blankets. :eyes:

You are doing a great job!! :notworthy:

Shandeh
05-14-2007, 08:50 AM
Sandy - I don't see how you can keep up with all of the shawls and blankets. :eyes:
You are doing a great job!! :notworthy:
Thank you, my friend!

I wouldn't be able to do it without Excel. :teehee:

Shandeh
05-14-2007, 08:54 AM
Our Oddball Shawls are coming along nicely! :cheering:

There are 23 of us involved in this project:
Shandeh
Dangles
rennfamily
Abbily
mintdee
jeanius80
losnana
ElenTikvah
Jenelle
carmabelle1191
RiverDaughter
lissalue
GennyLynn1962
MaryB
MommaG
bobi1218
PaperGirl
beckyrhae
snephenie
threesmom
Sanibelle
kellycarr05
Teeka

So far, 17 of us have knit on part of a shawl, leaving the following knitters available to work on one:

losnana
ElenTikvah
Jenelle
carmabelle1191
kellycarr05
Teeka

Which one of you 6 would like to work on a shawl next?

MommaG
05-14-2007, 09:54 AM
I'm still waiting for the one Dangles started. Dangles have you sent it yet so I can keep an eye out for it?

Shandeh
05-14-2007, 10:12 AM
I just hope it doesn't turn into a singing monkey. :teehee:

GennyLynn1962
05-14-2007, 11:41 AM
:roflhard:

kellycarr05
05-14-2007, 01:36 PM
Ill take it!!!!

threesmom
05-14-2007, 04:57 PM
:cheering: :cheering:
Got home, the kids are quiet, checked the thread, and I'm getting a shawl!! It's turning into a much nicer day! I'm psyched Abilily, Jeanius - the shawl looks great so far ... can't wait to see it in person ... might have to get some yarn though :happydance:
And I second GennyLynn, Sandy - great job keeping things going

Sanibelle
05-14-2007, 06:07 PM
Hi Shandeh -

I have not knit yet and I am ready, willing and able too!

So whenever you want to send it this way I will take it...

Lynn

lissalue
05-14-2007, 06:14 PM
Hi Shandeh -

I have not knit yet and I am ready, willing and able too!

So whenever you want to send it this way I will take it...

Lynn

actually, sandy pm'd me with your address yesterday Lynn. you are getting the shawl i have. could you pm me with a little info about you what yarns you like and other stuff (candy, snacks, magazines, other hobbies, etc.) so i can get you some goodies?

Shandeh
05-14-2007, 06:44 PM
Exac-a-lac-a-ly! Sanibelle will be next on the worsted weight shawl.
:thumbsup:

Shandeh
05-14-2007, 06:45 PM
Ill take it!!!!
Okey-dokey!
You'll be next when the next shawl is ready to go. :)

snephenie
05-14-2007, 08:16 PM

What's with the monkey????

GennyLynn1962
05-14-2007, 08:45 PM
:happydance: :cheering: :cheering: :happydance:

I got the shawl from RiverDaughter today!!! She done a wonderful job!!! AND she sent me some goodies.

I bought some Patons Lacette to do my part with, they didn't have very many colors so I done the best I could.

I'll post pics when I finish my part.

rennfamily
05-15-2007, 07:35 AM
Everything looks beautiful. Anytime we ready to recycle knitters, I'm ready!

lissalue
05-15-2007, 09:18 AM

When Sandy mailed Oddball Blanket #2 to Dangles in Canada, Dangles received a box with a singing monkey inside instead. The singing monkey was supposed to have gone to Italy. Somehow the boxes got messed up at the Post Office. :roflhard:

snephenie
05-15-2007, 09:48 AM

When Sandy mailed Oddball Blanket #2 to Dangles in Canada, Dangles received a box with a singing monkey inside instead. The singing monkey was supposed to have gone to Italy. Somehow the boxes got messed up at the Post Office. :roflhard:

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Shandeh
05-15-2007, 11:08 AM
Yeah, it was funny! I just hope that's the one and only glitch in the travels of our many blankets and shawls. :pray: :pray:

PaperGirl
05-15-2007, 12:07 PM
I sent my shawl out yesterday....and :doh: I forgot to take a picture.

BUT...I did use LB Microspun in chocolate. Ohhhh...so soft...I didnt want to stop... :roflhard:

GennyLynn1962
05-15-2007, 01:39 PM
Who's gonna be next on the shawl I have? It's DK/Sport weight. I'm not done yet but it's knitting up pretty quick. I'd like to know just in case the KH site is down and I get ready to send it, that way it keeps going.

I hope the site is not down that long. :shock:

beckyrhae
05-15-2007, 02:16 PM
I'm sending out the shawl today ... shouldnt take too long to reach snephenie. :cheering: I needed a few extra days to find goodies.

mintdee
05-15-2007, 02:33 PM
Who is sending to me? I can't remember :teehee:
I love that there are so many running around here!

PaperGirl
05-15-2007, 03:56 PM
Who is sending to me? I can't remember :teehee:
I love that there are so many running around here!

:teehee: Meee!

Shandeh
05-15-2007, 05:37 PM
Who's gonna be next on the shawl I have? It's DK/Sport weight. I'm not done yet but it's knitting up pretty quick. I'd like to know just in case the KH site is down and I get ready to send it, that way it keeps going.

I hope the site is not down that long. :shock:

Genny, your shawl will go to kellycarr05. I'll send you her address so you'll have it! :hug:

snephenie
05-15-2007, 08:27 PM
I'm sending out the shawl today ... shouldnt take too long to reach snephenie. :cheering: I needed a few extra days to find goodies.

:muah: :muah: :muah:

TX to CA shouldn't take long at all!!! I'm so excited, now I have to think of what color to use...I think I want to see the yarn you used IRL to get something that will contrast nicely :)

Mariblue
05-16-2007, 01:49 PM
:flirt:Is it too late for me to join in? This sounds like a great idea, and I'd love to participate! Let me know if it's ok, Shandeh, and I'll pm you my address. :hug:

mintdee
05-16-2007, 02:06 PM
Got the shawl from papergirl today! Along with a skein of WOTA in violet (Seriously are you a mind reader woman? I was going to make the FT clogs in violet and pink for my daughter but needed more of the purple :muah:) Anywho, now to choose th yarn! It is supposed to be washable right? Or does it matter? I am slow sorry :shifty:

mintdee
05-16-2007, 02:10 PM
nevermind I found it :roflhard:

jeanius80
05-16-2007, 02:20 PM
i just wanted to let you know i will mail it friday! i love this pattern, its so simple.... i am knitting one for me too

PaperGirl
05-16-2007, 02:40 PM
Got the shawl from papergirl today! Along with a skein of WOTA in violet (Seriously are you a mind reader woman? I was going to make the FT clogs in violet and pink for my daughter but needed more of the purple :muah:) Anywho, now to choose th yarn! It is supposed to be washable right? Or does it matter? I am slow sorry :shifty:

OMG....I made them for my dd in violet and pink too! She LOVES them!

Glad it got there! That was FAST! :shock:

mintdee
05-16-2007, 02:45 PM
What can I say? Great minds think alike ;)

threesmom
05-16-2007, 04:06 PM
:cheering:Jeanie - that gives me plenty of time to find some yarn - I'll start looking for it late next week ... since it's traveling clear across the county. I know you used fingerling doubled - did that come close to dk or worsted? You used 8's? I have some WOTA that might work colorwise - I want it to be soft though :think:.... any thoughts?

beckyrhae
05-16-2007, 04:23 PM
Ok... so I was a hermit yesterday and didnt leave the house... Mailed out the shawl today and it should arrive by Friday or Saturday!

Shandeh
05-16-2007, 09:14 PM
:flirt:Is it too late for me to join in? This sounds like a great idea, and I'd love to participate! Let me know if it's ok, Shandeh, and I'll pm you my address. :hug:
You're welcome to join, my friend! :hug:
Send me your mailing address, and I'll add you to the list! :)

carmabelle1191
05-16-2007, 09:20 PM
Everyone's getting so far along so quickly, it's hard to keep track! :eyes: I'll have to check up often so I can snag the shawl before someone else does...:teehee:

Mariblue
05-16-2007, 10:33 PM
You're welcome to join, my friend! :hug:
Send me your mailing address, and I'll add you to the list! :)
Yipee! :cheering: I'm so excited!:muah:

Shandeh
05-17-2007, 01:53 AM
I'm still waiting for the one Dangles started. Dangles have you sent it yet so I can keep an eye out for it?
Did you receive your shawl from Dangles yet, MommaG?
If not, send her a PM to check on it. Thanks! :muah:

Shandeh
05-17-2007, 02:00 AM
I've updated our blog, so we can see photos and a list of names and yarns for each shawl. I only have photos for 3 of our 6 shawls, so if you have any photos for the other 3, PLEASE post them here! :pray:

GennyLynn1962
05-17-2007, 07:51 AM
I should be done with my part of the shawl today, I'll try to post pics sometime this afternoon.

kellycarr05 - I *hope* to mail the shawl today or tomorrow, so you should have it soon.

jeanius80
05-17-2007, 09:33 AM
shandeh! i loooove the new shawk blog... its so neat to see themall come along ... yay!

GennyLynn1962
05-17-2007, 02:53 PM
Quick question.

Do I end my part of the shawl at the same side I started on? So that the tail yarn (where I started) and the ending yarn piece are on the same side?

Did that make any sense at all????

mintdee
05-17-2007, 09:36 PM
Here is what I have done so far. What do you all think? http://farm1.static.flickr.com/221/502515954_a44883ec88.jpg

MommaG
05-17-2007, 10:20 PM
OOOOOOOOHHHHH!!! I like that.

snephenie
05-17-2007, 11:03 PM
I forgot does our shawl have to be machine washable???

I was thinking the Noro I'm using would look good on the earth tones shawl I should be getting soon.

snephenie
05-17-2007, 11:04 PM
Sandra that looks great!! I love that shade of yellow...what kind of yarn is it?

mintdee
05-17-2007, 11:21 PM
That would be Knit Picks Shine Sport. Apricot. :)
This is rather fun to work on actually :thumbsup:

So I have a few more inches to go and then I will be ready to send it on, who wants it?

Sneph, Sandy said that she is going to send a note with the shawl that it needs to be handwashed so any kind is allright as long as it isn't dry clean only :hug:

Shandeh
05-18-2007, 12:47 AM
Do I end my part of the shawl at the same side I started on? So that the tail yarn (where I started) and the ending yarn piece are on the same side?
That is right, Genny! :thumbsup:

Shandeh
05-18-2007, 12:50 AM
So I have a few more inches to go and then I will be ready to send it on, who wants it?

Here are the knitters that have not yet knitted:
losnana
ElenTikvah
Jenelle
carmabelle1191
Teeka
Mariblue

Which one of you would like to work on this shawl?

GennyLynn1962
05-18-2007, 07:02 AM
That is right, Genny! :thumbsup:

Thanks Shandeh, I thought so but once I started thinking about it I was second guessing myself.

GennyLynn1962
05-18-2007, 10:10 AM
Here's the shawl pics. The colors don't show up very well, they are lighter than it shows. The top part is actually light (powder or baby) blue.

I hope to mail it today. :cheering:

Mariblue
05-18-2007, 12:19 PM
Well, I would be happy to take the next shawl that's available. But I'm pretty sure that I've been the last one to join into this group, so I don't want to step on anyone else's toes who has been waiting for a turn either. But if everyone else is busy at the moment, then I'm free to go. :hug:

GennyLynn1962
05-18-2007, 01:24 PM
I just noticed that in the picture above it looks like the shawl is laying on a hardwood floor, actually it is on a table. :lol:

snephenie
05-18-2007, 02:30 PM
:cheering::cheering::cheering::cheering::cheering:

I got the shawl!!!!! Becky...:muah::muah::muah::muah:

Not only is the shawl beautiful....Becky absolutely spoiled me!!!
I'm at work so I can't take pictures but let me just tell you what I got and I'll add the pictures tonight.

2 hanks of Muench "Touch Me" in this amazing emerald green color this is soooo soft)

A ball of trekking!! in pretty blues

two sugar and creams in pink and blue.

Knitting notecards
After coffee mints
Chocolate covered macademia (they are huge, I've eaten about 4) YUMMY
A very cool "S" bookmark

I think I rememered it all correctly.

Becky, thank you so much!!!!!!!

I can't wait to get started on the shawl! :)

beckyrhae
05-18-2007, 05:56 PM
Yay! I'm so glad it all arrived safe and sound! Sending chocolate always makes me nervous. It might be mild where you live but Texas from May to Oh... September is not good chocolate times. heh.

snephenie
05-18-2007, 08:13 PM
It's actually been kinda nice lately and a little on the colder side. Strange for Southern California. It seems we are getting our "June Gloom" a little early.

PixieKnits
05-18-2007, 10:33 PM
I'd love to do this, but i would really like to be as close to the first person as possible, since i run a store and i am currently on a hiatis, to return soon!

snowbear
05-19-2007, 05:38 PM
I'd love to be a part of such a great hugging uplifiting program. Please add me... ( & Hear I was wondering what to knit next.. these are great inbetween projects..) and they benefit others.. perfect comb!

jeanius80
05-19-2007, 06:14 PM
:shock:threesmom-
i didn't get to the post office before it closed today!:pout: so it will be a little later than i had planned.. i will DEFINATLY mail it monday. it's all boxed, labled and ready to go!:heart:

snephenie- i just touched some 'touch me' today at my LYS.... it is so super soft! very pretty too. it tried to come home with me, but i had to say no.:shifty:

Shandeh
05-19-2007, 07:52 PM
I'd love to do this, but i would really like to be as close to the first person as possible, since i run a store and i am currently on a hiatis, to return soon!
Just send me a private message, with your mailing address so I can add you to the list.

Right now, we have 6 shawls in progress, so we can have one sent to you quickly, I'm sure.

Shandeh
05-19-2007, 08:02 PM
Beckyrhae, I must agree with snephanie. You spoiled her REAL GOOD! I've felt that Muench Touch Me before. It's an absolute dream. :thud:

Mariblue, I'll put on the list as the next available knitter, my friend.:muah:

snephenie
05-20-2007, 09:53 PM
I swore I posted this an hour ago...now Im wondering if I posted it on a wrong thread!! LOL

Shandeh
05-21-2007, 11:08 AM
:passedout: Wow!

PaperGirl
05-21-2007, 11:51 AM
:thumbsup::heart::heart:

Mariblue
05-21-2007, 03:13 PM
Mariblue, I'll put on the list as the next available knitter, my friend.:muah:
Thanks, Shandeh!

Snephenie, Wow, that's awesome! And so thoughtful of you, Beckyrhae! :hug:

jhelanee
05-21-2007, 03:43 PM
OK, you all look like you are having too much fun with this. :nails: Therefore I'm joining in! (Sandy, you should already have my address from OB#1. PM me if you need me to resend it)

kellycarr05
05-21-2007, 04:44 PM
I received the shawl in the mail today!!:cheering:I get to go to the yarn store tonight!!!!Can't wait to start.

Abbily
05-21-2007, 10:36 PM
This is so exciting, I can't wait to see how these shawls end up!

If you need to recycle some of us, I'd be happy to jump in again. :)

snephenie
05-21-2007, 10:51 PM
Is Noro Kureyon DK??? I really think the one I have would look good on the earthtones shawl.

beckyrhae
05-22-2007, 12:32 AM
Noro is worsted I believe, but it can be so slubby that its hard to tell at times. I've had balls that feel DK to me and then they will have a big fat slub... but then again I adore slubby yarns

snephenie
05-22-2007, 01:00 AM
Ya, I looked it up. I decided to use SWTC Bamboo in the Drake colorway instead. It's looking good :)

beckyrhae
05-22-2007, 01:22 AM
Ooo... I just looked that colorway up online... its lucious! cant wait to see how it all looks together.

snephenie
05-22-2007, 02:11 AM
Here is a little peek!!! I should be done tomorrow night. So in the mail Wednesday or Thursday....who is next?

beckyrhae
05-22-2007, 08:37 AM
Here is a little peek!!! I should be done tomorrow night. So in the mail Wednesday or Thursday....who is next?

Oooo... Ahhhh... purty!

mintdee
05-22-2007, 09:04 AM
Anyone want the shawl that I am working on? Sandy its ready just need an address :hug:

Sneph that is beautiful!

GennyLynn1962
05-22-2007, 10:49 AM
Steph, the yarn you picked matches the others so well! It looks great!

threesmom
05-22-2007, 11:07 AM
I love that yarn steph :heart: The shawl really is looking great!

jeanius80
05-22-2007, 04:34 PM
threesmom- shawl is on it's way! i included a few goodies too. let me know when it gets to you :)

Shandeh
05-22-2007, 04:57 PM

Steph, your shawl will go to Mariblue. I'll send you her address.

Shandeh
05-22-2007, 04:59 PM
Anyone want the shawl that I am working on? Sandy its ready just need an address :hug:
Mint, your shawl goes to PixieKnits. Address is on the way!

Shandeh
05-22-2007, 05:06 PM
This is so exciting, I can't wait to see how these shawls end up!

If you need to recycle some of us, I'd be happy to jump in again. :)

Abbily, we still have several knitters that have not had a turn yet:
losnana
ElenTikvah
Jenelle
carmabelle1191
Teeka
snowbear
jhelanee

As soon as they have knit a portion, we'll all have another go!

stagebear
05-22-2007, 06:14 PM
i would love to join in too. (you have my address from the 2nd blanket).

PixieKnits
05-22-2007, 06:38 PM
yay im so excited!

Mariblue
05-22-2007, 10:17 PM
Steph, your shawl will go to Mariblue. I'll send you her address.
Yipee!!! I'm so excited. I can't wait! :cheering::muah:

threesmom
05-23-2007, 10:57 AM
threesmom- shawl is on it's way! i included a few goodies too. let me know when it gets to you :)
:cheering:Woo-hoo! I'll keep an eye out for it - can't wait!