PDA

View Full Version : Discontinuedbrandnameyarn.com ??

Abbily
04-18-2007, 12:32 PM
Anyone have any experience with their customer service? I ordered some Lamb's Pride Bulky in Victorian Pink, and when it got here yesterday they sent me Lipstick Red instead! I called yesterday and left a message, and then sent an email this morning. I have not heard back from either one...

jmp3775
04-18-2007, 01:30 PM
My experience with their customer service- it doesnt exist. When they left a pattern out of my order, I sent an email. The second time I sent an email, they responded and said they needed my address. Um, shouldnt you havbe that from the order # I gave you? So I sent it. A week later, no pattern. So another email, and a phone call. Needless to say, I wound up never hearing from them again, and I never did receive the pattern.

SandraEllen
04-18-2007, 01:43 PM
bummer. they probably ran out of pink and figured that everyone in the world is color blind and that red would be good enough :!!!:

hopefully they'll at least refund you your money...

hellokitty165
04-18-2007, 01:50 PM
that is kind of sad...when they do stuff like this... unless the person packing is color blind.....

Jan in CA
04-18-2007, 01:58 PM
Well shoot. I was thinking of ordering some wool from them. :??

Mulderknitter
04-18-2007, 02:01 PM
I have ordered from them and sent an email regarding the shipping status, didn't hear back from them for a few days. But my order was fine... got here within a week.
I would maybe mention to them that you have a whole horde of knitters that take each other's advice on where to buy from... :shrug:

marykz
04-18-2007, 02:11 PM
my orders have all been fine so I've had no reaason to call customer service... all the right stuff, all the right colors. I did see on their website that they aren't always ansering calls, but that they SHOULD return your message....
This was in my latest email from the company:
"If you need help with anything just email us: yarngirls@discontinuedbrandnameyarn.com Because of severe winter weather, we are not manning the fulfillment warehouse entire days, but you can call and leave a message at 802-525-6503 and we will call you back."
HTH

Abbily
04-18-2007, 02:43 PM
Wow, I just got through reading all of your replies, and was getting ready to type up an "Oh, no" kind of response.... and the yarn girls called me back! They are OUT of the yarn I purchased!! Despite the fact that it is STILL on their website, or was this morning.... but she's going to send me the worsted weight in Victorian Pink (instead of the bulky, which is what I ordered) and is going to throw in 2 extra balls to compensate me for the shipping I have to pay to get the wrong yarn back to them. And she's not charging me shipping for the new order. Overall, I'll take it! :)

jmp- wow, that sucks about your pattern! I probably would have hounded them for ever on that.... :P

GinnyG
04-18-2007, 03:28 PM
I've had GREAT experience with them. They have shipped fast and accurately. I did have a question once and they answered withing 12 hours. I just placed another order today, they have added some new yarn to their "Mill End" section.

Ellieblue
04-18-2007, 04:21 PM
I too am waiting for my free pattern. I have sent two emails but so far, no response. Does anyone have their pattern for the sleeveless tank made of bella colour. It looks like a k4p3 or4 rib pattern. I guess I can wing it on my own. :wall: Ellie

dakatzmeow
04-18-2007, 10:36 PM
i'll let you know if i have trouble with them. my order should be here any day now. :verysad:

snowbear
04-18-2007, 11:37 PM
I ordered 3 weeks ago for yarn for my yarnee... sent 3 emails.. never returned... left message.. never returned.. and they sent wrong color yarn.. and left out pattern..

I will not do business with them again. I had to go 45 minutes one way to pick up yarn I wanted for my yarnee...

Their prices aren't worth it...

:!!!:

snowbear
04-18-2007, 11:38 PM
I ordered 3 weeks ago for yarn for my yarnee... sent 3 emails.. never returned... left message.. never returned.. and they sent wrong color yarn.. and left out pattern..It finally came last Monday.

I will not do business with them again. I had to go 45 minutes one way to pick up yarn I wanted for my yarnee...

Their prices aren't worth it...

:!!!:

luv2knit
04-19-2007, 01:44 AM
I ordered from them recently, no problems, got the yarn and patterns, and very quickly. I had read another thread about them with lots of good reviews , so now I am concerned if I should order from them again!

Ellieblue
04-19-2007, 09:54 AM
Just got two Emails from them- one stating that I had to order the pattern I wanted (which I did) and the other that the owner would take care of it. We'll see. :shrug:

GinnyG
04-19-2007, 04:51 PM
I am sorry that some have not had such a good experience.

I am amazed at how fast they are!! Yesterday on my lunch hour I ordered yarn and THERE IT WAS ON MY PORCH when I got home today!!!!!

I ordered some lovely Ormo Atom (acrylic) for some baby sweaters, it's in the mill end section. $8.00 for a bag of 10 balls, you can't beat it and it feels like nice yarn. I don't normally knit with acrylic but I have a ton of babies due (to girls I work with) in the coming months and wanted to knit up some gifts.

Ellieblue
05-10-2007, 12:55 PM
First let me apologize to the kind person who responded to my first request for this pattern. I kept trying to get it from "yarn girls" but didn't have any luck. Unfortuniately I deleated the EMail Susan? sent me offering to send me the pattern for the striped sleeveless/sleeve sweater. Could you please contact me again and this time I will take you up on your offer. Thank you so much. Ellie at eagiffin@yahoo.com. :oops: :verysad: