PDA

View Full Version : Combining Yarns

kellyh57
04-18-2007, 06:45 PM
I have a few different colors of Cascade 220 that I'd like to use, but I was wondering about combining them on a project with WOTA. I don't think I have enough of any one color to do a project so I'd need to buy 2 or 3 hanks of the Cascade, but I was thinking about using WOTA for the main color and the Cascade for the other parts. Does this work? They are both 100% wool, but I don't know if you can combine them on the same project. It will be felted. (I'm looking at bags and purse patterns.) I can always stripe or make blocks with the colors I do have, but I'd like some solid stuff too.

Kelly

jeanius80
04-18-2007, 07:24 PM
it should work as long as they are the same weight (ie worsted, bulky, dk) i *think* they are both worsted. and they do felt. should work our fine :shrug:

brendajos
04-18-2007, 07:27 PM
i would do a small swatch with both together and then felt it. different yarns will generally felt at different rates.

kellyh57
04-18-2007, 09:46 PM
Yeah, they're both worsted and 100% wool. I don't have any WOTA yet. I've been waiting on a project to order it!

Kelly

Phretys
04-19-2007, 02:25 AM
Yes, they're both worsted, but I once compared a hank of undyed Cascade 220 with some undyed WOTA, and the Cascade was a wee bit thicker. They both felted great in different projects, but if you want to be on the safe side I would suggest following brendajos' advice about making felted swatches.

Debi