PDA

View Full Version : I am being taunted and teased! update! I ordered them!!!

Stonington
04-19-2007, 10:13 AM
Everytime I go between forums on the site I see this picture! :flirt: I am debating and have debated getting these... maybe this is a subliminal message of some sort? :??

anne

Ronda
04-19-2007, 10:25 AM
Buy them. You know you want them. You neeeeeeeeeeeeeed them! Order the Options....

auburnchick
04-19-2007, 10:38 AM
Buy them. You know you want them. You neeeeeeeeeeeeeed them! Order the Options....

:teehee:

Stonington
04-19-2007, 10:40 AM

:teehee:

ahhh from teasing to enabling :teehee: hmmmm Ok ladies and gents.. do they feel cold when you knit with them ( still gathering info here lol)

thanks!
anne

KnittyKitty
04-19-2007, 10:57 AM
The only time they were cold was when I took my knitting to the office and they were in my bag... I took them out at lunch to knit with and they were cold but for obvious reasons. At home they feel like normal... I'm enjoying them better than my Denises (except for the times they started to untwist...)

Lisa

rebecca
04-19-2007, 11:27 AM
buy them.....buy them.....buy them.....buy them.....buy them.....buy them.....buy them.....buy them.....buy them.....buy them.....buy them.....buy them.....buy them.....buy them.....buy them.....you will LOVE them.....you will LOVE them......you will LOVE them.....you will LOVE them.....you will LOVE them.....you will LOVE them.....you will LOVE them.....you will LOVE them.....and, they will love you.....and, they will love you.....and, they will love you.....and, they will love you.....and, they will love you.....and, they will love you.....and, they will love you.....and, they will love you.....and, they will love you.....and, they will love you.....You REALLY need them.....You REALLY need them.....You REALLY need them.....You REALLY need them.....You REALLY need them.....You REALLY need them.....You REALLY need them.....You REALLY need them.....You REALLY need them.....You REALLY need them.....:wink:

auburnchick
04-19-2007, 11:28 AM
They feel lovely to knit with. I wouldn't say that they are cold, though.

Stonington
04-19-2007, 11:32 AM

I use bamboo for the most part, love the feel of the wood. My hands are so sensitive to cold now--it made me wonder about the metal needles. :shrug:

anne

Stonington
04-19-2007, 11:33 AM
buy them.....buy them.....buy them.....buy them.....buy them.....buy them.....buy them.....buy them.....buy them.....buy them.....buy them.....buy them.....buy them.....buy them.....buy them.....you will LOVE them.....you will LOVE them......you will LOVE them.....you will LOVE them.....you will LOVE them.....you will LOVE them.....you will LOVE them.....you will LOVE them.....and, they will love you.....and, they will love you.....and, they will love you.....and, they will love you.....and, they will love you.....and, they will love you.....and, they will love you.....and, they will love you.....and, they will love you.....and, they will love you.....You REALLY need them.....You REALLY need them.....You REALLY need them.....You REALLY need them.....You REALLY need them.....You REALLY need them.....You REALLY need them.....You REALLY need them.....You REALLY need them.....You REALLY need them.....:wink:

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: Thanks--I hear my debit card struggling to get out of my wallet as I type this... :teehee:

auburnchick
04-19-2007, 11:33 AM

I use bamboo for the most part, love the feel of the wood. My hands are so sensitive to cold now--it made me wonder about the metal needles. :shrug:

anne

I am very cold natured, but these just don't bother me. I mean, your hands are mostly on the yarn anyway.

You could always get one set -- maybe a cable set -- just to see. Not that I'm enabling you or anything... :teehee:

Stiney
04-19-2007, 11:37 AM
I thought metal needle would equal cold, because that's what happened with my first pair of needles, a set of Susan Bates circulars. No matter how long I knit with them, they always felt cold.

The Options, however, warm up nicely as you knit with them. It's a different feeling from bamboo, which to me always feel the same temperature. But it's nice.

(BUY THEM.)

dink
04-19-2007, 11:38 AM
You could always get one set -- maybe a cable set -- just to see.

That's what I did on Tuesday! :happydance:

I, like you kept seeing the little add, and I finally gave into the peer pressure! :teehee: :oops:

Stonington
04-19-2007, 11:43 AM

I, like you kept seeing the little add, and I finally gave into the peer pressure! :teehee: :oops:

:teehee: peer pressure! lol that's it! I keep finding ways to validate the purchase..
:flirt:
anne

auburnchick
04-19-2007, 11:44 AM

Peer pressure or marketing techniques??

You know...after getting my Options, I gave all of my Boye (is that what they sell at Walmart and Hobby Lobby??) away to a friend who's learning to knit. So now, if I need a certain needle size, I just enlarge my collection by ordering it. :teehee:

Stonington
04-19-2007, 11:45 AM

PS.. could I ask how you decided on your user name? :teehee: everytime I see it I want to ask..

:hug:
anne

dink
04-19-2007, 11:52 AM

PS.. could I ask how you decided on your user name? :teehee: everytime I see it I want to ask..

:hug:
anne

It's a nickname I've had pretty much all my life! From really before I could remeber. My parents call me Dink :teehee: And then my boyfriend's dad calls me Dinkster

dink
04-19-2007, 11:53 AM

Peer pressure or marketing techniques??

You know...after getting my Options, I gave all of my Boye (is that what they sell at Walmart and Hobby Lobby??) away to a friend who's learning to knit. So now, if I need a certain needle size, I just enlarge my collection by ordering it. :teehee:

Yep, those are the ones, in fact, I just bought some last night at JoAnn's. I figured, since I'm still just learning, and haven't used circular needles, that I'd just buy 1 for now and give it a try. And the fact that I needed circulars for a future project, was just another good excuse to buy them! :rofl:

Stiney
04-19-2007, 11:56 AM
It's not peer pressure, it's just your turn! :rofl:

auburnchick
04-19-2007, 12:03 PM
Dink, you know that you can use the circulars as flat. Saves some $$ with not having to buy straights...

Stonington
04-19-2007, 12:14 PM
Dink, you know that you can use the circulars as flat. Saves some $$ with not having to buy straights...

Yes! :cheering: I have not used my straights since someone here mentioned using circulars for everything!

anne

dink
04-19-2007, 12:15 PM

Actually, I bought a bunch of straights on Ebay (before I knew about this site and circs) which were very cheap, and just this week a wonderful KH'er (Carol) sent me some extras she had ( :heart: ). I think honestly, I've only spent maybe $10-15.00 at the most on needles & I'm pretty set.

But from now on, though, I'll be getting circs.

Mommy22alyns
04-19-2007, 12:40 PM

I did that too!

Ended up ordering the full set! :oops:

orcoastknitter
04-19-2007, 01:07 PM

What Rebecca said :flirt:

nadja la claire
04-19-2007, 05:26 PM

What she said. You know it's true. :teehee:

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-19-2007, 10:13 PM
You know, if you're not sure if you'd like them, you can always buy a set and send them to *me* for testing.... :angelgrin:

Stonington
04-20-2007, 08:00 AM
You know, if you're not sure if you'd like them, you can always buy a set and send them to *me* for testing.... :angelgrin:

:heart: the generosity of this group of folks never ceases to warm my heart. :hug: lol. Hildie I will keep you in mind.

anne

Stonington
05-15-2007, 10:13 AM
Thank you to everyone for all of the information that you shared regarding OPTIONS! Now I have to wait "patiently" :flirt: for them to arrive. :nails:

Ronda
05-15-2007, 12:05 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: