PDA

View Full Version : those who have ipod...question for u

hellokitty165
04-19-2007, 12:45 PM
Anyone had ipod and can they download PDF and mircrosoft word ...so that we can read pattern ?????

thanks

RiverDaughter
04-19-2007, 12:51 PM
You can store PDFs and Word documents on an iPod, butyou can't read them on an iPod last I checked, simply because the iPod does not have the software to read the document source.

orcoastknitter
04-19-2007, 12:58 PM
I have an ipod as well. I would think that reading a pattern from it would be rather difficult from the small screen. I have hard time just watching the tv shows I have stored on them.

hellokitty165
04-19-2007, 03:33 PM
thank you for your response...seems like i would have to get a palm pilot then...

marykz
04-19-2007, 03:51 PM
my palm pilot can read pdf/ word. The screen is bigger than the iPod, and it is convenient for my schedule, phone numbers, work files... even so, I just carry the paper pattern....

boyforpele13
04-19-2007, 05:55 PM
my ipod is not with me at the moment, but i think there is like a notes feature you can link with an e-mail program... maybe something like that?

madametj
04-19-2007, 07:18 PM
there was something going around about someone who used their iPod to store and view knitting patterns (cant find it :doh: ). it seem kinda complicated though.

ETA: aha! here it is: http://www.pixiepurls.com/archives/2006/04/how_to_store_kn.html

hellokitty165
04-20-2007, 12:23 AM
my palm pilot can read pdf/ word. The screen is bigger than the iPod, and it is convenient for my schedule, phone numbers, work files... even so, I just carry the paper pattern....

hi Mary,

which palm pilot do you have... i would like to get one... tell me how yours work out for you ...

marykz
04-20-2007, 10:07 AM
I have one of the old Tungsten E models. it is still in great shape and going strong even though I've dropped it at least once, and it gets tossed around in my purse sometimes. My husband bought it for me a couple years ago. Once you go through the initial set up for the handwriting recognition, and get used to synching it up to your home computer regularly, it is very easy to use. I transfer word documents from home to work, keep my schedule, and play a few games....

I bought extra stylus' (styli?) b/c I tend to lose them. and I'm going to felt a little case for it, I think.

The newer ones have more memory and more file conversion capabilities. and I think a way to play music. you do want to keep a charge on the battery, or else it might dump everything. it is not a place for long term or critical storage of files. (hence the need to synch with the home computer)

My friend though, has changed over to a blackberry. She used to use a PALM, but needed email/ phone/ computer all together. She is very happy with her Blackberry, but I don't know much about it.

hope this helps a little....