PDA

View Full Version : mostly OT, but a FO has a starring role pre-Colbert Report

horve1
04-19-2007, 03:00 PM
Last night, DH, DS and I went to a taping of The Colbert Report and DS was wearing an earflap hat I made for him. During the pre-show Q & A with Stephen Colbert, he noticed the hat and asked DS if he was cold. This led to a little chat between the two, and one of what DS called the best days of his life! (He idolizes Stephen - wants to grow up to be him.) I was so happy my hat got his hero to talk with him.

brendajos
04-19-2007, 03:04 PM
Well DS probably won't be invited to be the keynote speaker at the correspondents dinner any time soon if he grows up to be like SC :teehee:

Quiara
04-19-2007, 03:12 PM
Heck, *I* want to grow up to be Stephen Colbert. ^_^

Stiney
04-19-2007, 03:17 PM
You got to go to the taping? :noway:

:jealous:

Those are sooo hard to get!

brendajos
04-19-2007, 03:22 PM
I wanna grow up to marry Jon Stewart...

Every Christian girl needs a hot funny Jewish boy who will let her drag him to the family's for Christmas most years! :teehee:

his current wife is only a small nuisance... :shifty:

(yes i know it was probably inappropriate...)

Vendie
04-19-2007, 07:01 PM
I have developed a small crush on Stephen Colbert. Oddly enough, my DH sorta approves :?? Perhaps HE has a small crush on Stephen Colbert...

debb
04-20-2007, 12:08 AM
congrats - as you can tell, i'm also a fan. did you notice that stewart/colbert viewers were among the most knowledgable in a recent pew poll?

http://people-press.org/reports/display.php3?ReportID=319

Kirochka
04-20-2007, 11:56 AM
I can't help it... I think Stephen is hot.

(Jon too.)

:shifty:

brendajos
04-20-2007, 12:12 PM
I have also started to think Keith Olbermann is hot. I don't remember which rant he did a while back but i sent a link to it to one of my guy friends with the comment that i was totally going to make out with him (olbermann...not my friend... that woulda been random)

When he got done watching it he told me he was going to make out with him too! And apparently his wife was okay with it! :teehee:

Kirochka
04-20-2007, 01:10 PM
I can't decide between Jon and Stephen...! :pout: Don't make me pick!

:teehee:

Oh, and by the way, as many of you may know, in thinking Stephen's hot, we are in agreement with Paulina Porizkova!

horve1
04-21-2007, 07:36 AM
Off air, Stephen is amazingly smart, witty, very real... You know the things on the shelves of the set? Someone asked what his favorite is... Its a pennant from MLK's March on Washington ("I have a dream...") that his mother went to when she was pregnant with him.

Kirochka
04-21-2007, 09:23 AM
Exactly as I'd expect! (He's certainly not the "idiot" he plays - as he described the character to John Kerry backstage. Josh Marshall's video of Colbert and Kerry backstage is here (http://youtube.com/watch?v=DfiL2hpnmZ0)).

rebecca
04-21-2007, 01:18 PM
My answer was correct....just thought I'd let you know :wink:

brendajos
04-21-2007, 01:20 PM
I have also started to think Keith Olbermann is hot.

Okay, now I don't feel so bad about the little crush I had on Mike Kinsley (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Kinsley) during his Crossfire years. :teehee: I can't say I ever fantasized about making out with him, though. (FYI for the younger folks: CF used to be a great show before MK left and it devolved into the farce that JS criticized.)

I don't fantasize about making out with him... I just figured he deserved it after saying so succinctly many of the things i have thought with several more swear words! :teehee:

Kirochka
04-21-2007, 01:42 PM
Bless you for making "Both" an option in the poll!!! :teehee:

Olbermann is cool, but I'm not sure I'm ready to say "hot" yet - although I like his channeling of Murrow!

nadja la claire
04-21-2007, 03:59 PM
I think they're both WONDERFUL We don't have cable so the only way we get to see them is on youtube or on dvd.

Stephen was interviewed by Terry Gross last year or the year before and he was very intelligent and he is also a devout Catholic. Terry asked him why he was always lampooning religion if you was so devout and he said that he wasn't lampooning religion, what he was doing was poking fun at the fanatics and fundamentalists that had hijacked the various religions.

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

debb
04-21-2007, 06:32 PM
We don't have cable so the only way we get to see them is on youtube or on dvd.

I'm usually working when the shows are on, but they have each segment posted the next day at the comedycentral.com website. Much easier than youtube if you watch them asap.

Miss Moosey
04-22-2007, 10:04 AM
In the past few weeks I've had to stay up past midnight working on a killer paper. But watching The Daily Show and the Report makes staying up late sting a little less. I love those guys.

But has anybody else noticed that one of Colbert's ears (I believe it is his right) is crooked? My mom pointed this out to me a week or two ago; I hadn't noticed it until then.

Rebecca

Kirochka
04-22-2007, 11:01 AM
He's also deaf in one ear... Wikipedia says it's due to surgery to repair a perforated eardrum.

He did a bit once on the Report about his "freakish ear" - it was very cute.