PDA

View Full Version : Scraps

katiebug081504
04-19-2007, 06:24 PM
I have way too much scrap yarn. I thought about knitting or crocheting a whatever blanket...but none of my colors see to go together. I've picked out a few of the scraps for yarns and bags..but I don't know what to do with the rest. It saddens me to look at it.

Stiney
04-19-2007, 06:26 PM
If you knit/crochet a stuffed animal, you can use it for stuffing!

Or maybe doll's clothes? Knitting Pattern Central has patterns.

katiebug081504
04-19-2007, 06:42 PM
what makes this worse..it's not really even pretty scraps. Mainly stuff like redheart..and other misc. brands that I got from the discount boxes at Hobby Lobby.

katiebug081504
04-19-2007, 06:44 PM
what makes this worse..it's not really even pretty scraps. Mainly stuff like redheart..and other misc. brands that I got from the discount boxes at Hobby Lobby.

Stiney
04-19-2007, 07:48 PM
Definitely use it for stuffing stuff, then. :thumbsup: Saves you from buying polyfil.

Oh, you could use it for dog/cat/pet toys!

losnana
04-19-2007, 09:28 PM
Check out this thread. Maybe she can use some of it.

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29342

Yarnlady
04-20-2007, 10:47 AM
I thought about knitting or crocheting a whatever blanket...but none of my colors see to go together.
Put all the scrap balls in a box or bag. Grab a skein of Red Heart in a bright color.

Take one ball and the skein and use as a double strand. Knit or crochet a blanket. When one ball ends, grab another. Don't look into the bag or box, just grab, join to the last ball and keep on going. The bright color will unifiy the mixed colors and you'll get a nice scrap afghan.

Or grab two balls (no fair looking) and begin an afghan with those. Join a new color when one runs out.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/SamplerLady/Josh1.jpg

katiebug081504
04-20-2007, 03:03 PM
What color did you use to do that?

Jan in CA
04-20-2007, 06:46 PM
What color did you use to do that?

Looks like every color known to man! :teehee:

jeanius80
04-21-2007, 12:51 PM
yarn lady that is the coolest looking blanket! i think i wont feel so bad about saving scarps now :teehee: i have a plan!

Yarnlady
04-22-2007, 10:06 AM
yarn lady that is the coolest looking blanket! i think i wont feel so bad about saving scarps now :teehee: i have a plan!I'm glad you like it. I made it for my son years ago. He lives far away in TN. At Christmas while visiting, I had the opportunity to use it and it's nice and toaty warm!

Jan is right, katiebug. This was my left over yarns. I had a box about a foot cubed that was full of balls of yarns of different sizes, colors and weights.

katiebug081504
04-22-2007, 10:21 AM
But what about the bright color of redheart? I still don't know if it would manage to pull my stuff together. I've got black fuzzy yarn, purple yarn, brown yarn, just plain black yarn, a really ugly green, some more brown, a red sparkly yarn, and some multi colors..oh and grey.

jeanius80
04-22-2007, 11:47 AM
But what about the bright color of redheart? I still don't know if it would manage to pull my stuff together. I've got black fuzzy yarn, purple yarn, brown yarn, just plain black yarn, a really ugly green, some more brown, a red sparkly yarn, and some multi colors..oh and grey.
red heart has a super saver LARGE skein of yarn and it comes in white, which would work with any color. you could also see if a black would work too :heart: