PDA

View Full Version : ebay yarn q

jeanius80
04-19-2007, 06:36 PM
anyone buy yarn from handpainted wool on ebay? (http://stores.ebay.com/handpainted-wool) do they take a while to ship? i cant seem to find a clear answer on the store pages. :shrug: thanks

XbelovedXoneX
04-19-2007, 06:38 PM
I've heard people that have bought from them directly from their website have said it takes a long time for the items to ship. I've never ordered from them personally though.

Susan P.
04-19-2007, 07:26 PM
I just looked at the comments people offered and the positive far outweigh the negative. I have such a problem though with the way ebay themselves have so often failed customer issues that I refuse to use them out of principle but friends and family do and so far mostly all happy. They do all check those comments ratings though.

GinnyG
04-19-2007, 07:38 PM
I would allow 4-6 weeks for shipping. I have not ordered yarn from this paticular site but I have ordered yarn from Australia nad another seller in Uraguay and both took over a month.

cando
04-19-2007, 11:49 PM
I haven't ordered from them yet but have their website bookmarked. I've read on these boards before about them.
Btw, I noticed that the yarn appears to be $1 less on their website - http://www.100purewool.com

ETA - I searched for 100purewool in the forum and here (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/search.php?mode=results) is the result. There might be some info there about shipping :)

Julie
04-19-2007, 11:54 PM
I've bought yarn from them, but it was through a co-op, so I expected a little longer ship time. It wasn't more than a month though.

That said, their yarn is AMAZING. Every bit as soft and wonderful as Malabrigo, but a wee bit finer. AMAZING, I say -- I would buy a roomful if I could. One of my very favorite yarns ever. :heart:

(It's the yarn I used for this sweater (http://www.flickr.com/photos/35852854@N00/431759958/) -- so nice for cables!)

jeanius80
04-20-2007, 12:18 AM
thanks ... i was thinking it would be awhile. i did buy this from them... it was too pretty to pass on.. not sure what it will become!

ArtLady1981
04-20-2007, 04:14 AM
I have heard that some ebay vendors WAIT til your payment actually clears and is in their bank. What payments are the type that take longer to clear and show up in their bank: Paypal payments where the funds come from a checking or savings account instead of a (instant) credit card. The Paypal payment that comes from a checking account is looked at as an E-check. That is what an ebay vendor told me. BUT, that said, some ebay vendors will ship same day regardless.

Annyka
04-28-2007, 04:06 PM
I have heard that some ebay vendors WAIT til your payment actually clears and is in their bank. What payments are the type that take longer to clear and show up in their bank: Paypal payments where the funds come from a checking or savings account instead of a (instant) credit card. The Paypal payment that comes from a checking account is looked at as an E-check. That is what an ebay vendor told me. BUT, that said, some ebay vendors will ship same day regardless.

Yes, that's true -- in fact, the seller is NOT protected unless they do wait for payment to clear.

Seller protection is slim compared to buyer protection (don't get me started on 'not as described' which can include all sorts of imaginary and far-reaching assumptions on the part of a buyer), so I'd be surprised to see folks shipping before funds are released.

Ann - recently retired 3+ year ebay seller of non-knitting items

ArtLady1981
04-28-2007, 10:33 PM
Hi Annyka! I guess I am a "preferred customer"! I can think of 6 vendors that ship to me the same day, or day after. I always use Paypal the instant I win or purchase a BUY IT NOW!

feministmama
04-29-2007, 02:21 AM
I bought some a looooong time ago. I had a hard time with them becasue they said there was a civil war going on in Uruguay and they couldn't ship to me. I thought it was a hoax and complained to eBay. I got my yarn a couple of days afterward. The yarn I got seemed a little thicker than malabrigo but just as soft. THey must've improved on thier shipping since I bought from them.

mwedzi
04-29-2007, 09:38 AM
Hi Annyka! I guess I am a "preferred customer"! I can think of 6 vendors that ship to me the same day, or day after. I always use Paypal the instant I win or purchase a BUY IT NOW!

Unless you are paying by an echeck on Paypal, I think your payment does clear instantly. I know when someone sends me a payment on Paypal, the money is in my paypal account right away. It's only when they pay through echeck that I have to wait several days, then I'll get a notice that their echeck has cleared.

jeanius80
05-03-2007, 09:06 PM
:heart: my yarn arrived yesterday, but i had to pick it up. :?? anyways, its purrrrrrty! i will take pics tomorrow (maybe tonight) and share. i will say, i was a little dissapointed in how it was 'packaged'. they did wrap each skein in tissue paper. but then they basicly took a bit of card board and wrapped it around the yarn and taped it all over to close it then shipped it as is with the stamps plastered all over instead of a single post mark.. :shrug: oh well, it got here fast and safe! :happydance:

jeanius80
05-08-2007, 07:46 PM
well, here are the pics of the packaging and the pretty yarn! it is comparable to malabrigo! very soft and the skeins seem to be a good match ( i was a little worried about it since there are not really dye lots)

GinnyG
05-08-2007, 08:03 PM
That is actually VERY PRETTY YARN!! I'd say you did good!!

I suspect the packing method was to make the package as light as possible and as long as it got there clean dry and intact it really doesn't matter what it looks like does it?