PDA

View Full Version : Bad Hair Cap

kblue
04-20-2007, 06:53 PM
my DS needed a trim and usually i just buzz it for him to a 1/4 of an inch and thats the shortest i ever go. He doesn't like it when I cut his hair so i asked him if he wanted his daddy to do it he said ya. I leave them alone and comeback about half way through and DH shaves DS head down to the shortest you can get it with clippers (a zero) and when DS saw it in the mirror he was SOOOOOOO sad :pout: :pout: :pout: ....and he's only 4....then cried quietly to himself and came over to me and asked if i could make him a hat so no one would see his hair...or i should say his no hair. :help: so this is what i made him. k1p1 ribbing and then just straight stockinet stitch. In the end i noticed my decreases made a cool little spiral thing on top. :teehee:

Rennagayle
04-20-2007, 07:23 PM
Neat cap, and cute kid! I don't suppose he's old enough to understand if you tell him, the difference between a good haircut and a bad one is only about 6 weeks? :teehee:

MommaG
04-20-2007, 07:27 PM
Cute cap. I understand the hair thing at that age our son had a "bad" hair cut very similar and he wore hats for a while too.

kblue
04-20-2007, 07:49 PM
Thanks...well his hair grows REALLY fast. I cut his hair every month (not so much during the winter) and i told him by next week his hair will be back all he had to say about that was... i hate waiting :teehee:

auburnchick
04-20-2007, 08:53 PM
Very cute cap!

If it makes you feel any better, the first time I cut my son's hair, he was a little over a year old. We bought the clippers and didn't realize how short they cut. When we got done, he looked like a baby who had been through chemo. We cried.

But like you said, it does grow out, and your son got a nice hat out of it!

P.S. Don't let dh near the clippers again!!

callmesusan
04-20-2007, 08:59 PM
That's one of the sweetest stories I have ever heard. :angelgrin:

kblue
04-20-2007, 09:09 PM
Well i should have known better than to just let DH do it with out instructions...DH shaves his head :doh:
Details....men need details..... :teehee:

orcoastknitter
04-20-2007, 10:51 PM
Adorable hat and boy!

Just a little story.....

Well back when I was a wee youngin' I was at my grandma's house with all family. My father was tired of seeing my bangs in my face. Well he decided to "trim" them using his pocket knife!!!!! Yes it's true with his pocket knife! It' hurt soooooooooo bad and I was crying in front of all my cousins. He kept telling me this is how they trim horses tails. I kept telling him I wasn't a horse! My mother was furious with him (along with the other adults). My cousins just laughed at me. Needless to say my mom had to take me the next day to fix my new "do". Unfortunately my mom never knew how to knit, so she couldn't knit me a cool hat like that.

kblue
04-20-2007, 11:21 PM
i would have posted a picture of him facing the camera but he was really set on no one seeing him "like this". So i ask him about a side picture so no one could really see his face and he said ok but i'm not smiling. And of course he had to CHECK the picture before i posted it :teehee:

seriously 4 yrs old and he's already concerned about this stuff... :neutral:

orcoastknitter: Wow a pocket knife, a side for the danger, that must've REALLLY hurt :doh: thats just like ripping the hair...well at least its a story you can look back and laugh about ....or not :teehee:

lucky_alf2
04-21-2007, 02:57 AM
He sounds like a sweet boy! Nice cap too! Tell him to hang tough!

sara_jayne
04-21-2007, 10:01 AM
Poor little guy :pout:

The hat looks great! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Mariblue
04-21-2007, 11:35 PM
Awww, what a cutie! :hug: The hat looks great.

jeanius80
04-22-2007, 12:25 PM
poor guy, how sad for him! :pout:

great hat! :happydance:

msoebel
04-23-2007, 11:02 AM
I cut my dh's hair, and once, I was talking away, not paying attention, and then next thing I know, I zipped right up the side of his head with a zero. He wasn't amused either...for a guy, he cares a lot about his hair. He had to have someone fix it for him...which basically, meant a buzz cut. He usually wears it shorter on the sides and back (with long sideburns) and then he wears it a little longer and textured on top, so he can "mess it up" with styling goop (seriously, I don't even use hair spray, and my dh uses some kind of pomade junk!).

I wasn't knitting yet, so he had to walk around with his poor pink scalp showing. :oops:

Tell your son he is very brave and that not even a bad hair cut can make him look any less handsome! Poor kid!

Misty

Abbily
04-23-2007, 12:16 PM
Awww, well he looks great in his hat! :)

ecuzzacrea
04-23-2007, 04:46 PM
super cute cap, even cuter kid!!!

KathyinCali
04-23-2007, 04:54 PM
He is adorable :) Your hat came out great!

thischicknits
04-23-2007, 10:45 PM
What a great story and darling hat!

Where in not-so-cold-today IL do you live?

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-24-2007, 12:03 AM
What a good mommy you are!!!! Hat looks great!

dawnk777
04-24-2007, 12:43 AM
Awww, poor kid. You were so nice to whip up a hat, for him! It turned out great and he will a story to tell, when he is older!

sittenknitten
04-24-2007, 12:44 AM
Your boy is a real cutie, and great job on the hat!

BTW, I have a "bad hair day" hat for myself. My Odessa cap with beads is so cute people don't even ask about the hair. :teehee:

kblue
04-24-2007, 06:01 AM
What a great story and darling hat!

Where in not-so-cold-today IL do you live?

I know the weathers been really nice not too hot and not too cold :happydance: Which reminds me i should probably change my Location description :teehee: I live in Loves Park/Rockford area. You?

thischicknits
04-24-2007, 01:14 PM
I am in the Oak Park/Berwyn area. There are a lot of IL KHers here!

jess_hawk
04-25-2007, 01:00 AM
When I was little I liked to have my dad brush my hair because while my mom knew what she was doing and pulled just slightly less (I had long, curly hair... and it knots if you look at it funny); I was a daddy's girl and my dad would do my hair how I liked it, rather than playing with it to make it "cute". Sorry, mom, but I have better things to do than spend an hour letting you rearrange my hair. Like go out and play and get it all tangled again anyway.

At twenty, even my dad tells me to go comb my hair. I smile at him and tell him, "I did." and then, I shook my head upside down, stood back up, and pushed my bangs out of my eyes. It doesn't look nearly as bad as he thinks it does.

Your son is very cute and I like his hat... he looks very handsome with it on.

dewdrops
04-25-2007, 09:58 AM
Cool cap! :cheering:

carmabelle1191
04-25-2007, 07:09 PM
Poor DS! I love the hat though. Goo job! :thumbsup: