PDA

View Full Version : Regal Silk people

brendajos
04-20-2007, 07:03 PM
I just got my order from Sarah's Yarns and it is gorgeous but i am wondering something... what's your feeling on it being worsted weight?

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/brendajos/0420071758.jpg

My thumb looks giant in that picture... i promise it isnt :teehee:

Anyway it seems way thinner than worsted to me and i was wondering if anybody else was thinking the same thing.

Ingrid
04-20-2007, 07:44 PM
From the look of the picture, it looks pretty much worsted. I think the fact that it's not tightly spun will affect how it knits up. You'll probably have to do the S word to be sure. :teehee:

debb
04-20-2007, 08:06 PM
haven't got mine yet, but I was looking at that purple color. if you do swatch, could you post a pic?

cmk
04-20-2007, 08:13 PM
I think it on the thin side for worsted weight. What did you think?

Carolyn

brendajos
04-20-2007, 08:20 PM
you want me to swatch for a freakin' scarf? :!!!: :teehee:

well ya forced me to pull out the yarn that i felt looked practically like it was a bulky weight in comparison and take a pic... now that i have done it i guess they do look pretty much the same weight.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/brendajos/0420071912.jpg

SabrinaJL
04-20-2007, 08:25 PM
Yarndex has it as a light worsted, which other sites seem to categorize as a 3. So who knows. :shrug:

debb
04-20-2007, 08:46 PM
[quote="brendajos"]you want me to swatch for a freakin' scarf? :!!!: :teehee:

Nooooooo, not if you're making a scarf. But do post a pic of the FO. I've got 2 hanks of beaded silk coming and am looking for the right pattern. I actually thought I had seen a pattern somewhere using it, but haven't been able to find it.

brendajos
04-20-2007, 08:51 PM
[quote=brendajos]you want me to swatch for a freakin' scarf? :!!!: :teehee:

Nooooooo, not if you're making a scarf. But do post a pic of the FO. I've got 2 hanks of beaded silk coming and am looking for the right pattern. I actually thought I had seen a pattern somewhere using it, but haven't been able to find it.

lol i am just kidding. i will start the scarf and see how it looks on the recommended needles and take a snap shot of it for you! i started liking that beaded silk and think it would look lovely for the scarf i am planning but not payin' for that yarn at regular price right now!....

kristinw
04-20-2007, 09:00 PM
hmm, I got mine but haven't looked that closely. I wouldn't think it was worsted though. Especially since right now I am knitting with mmmmalabrigo which is worsted. I guess light worsted is more believable. Now I must go look. Bought way too much!

debb
04-20-2007, 09:06 PM
I would consider the Mmmmmmmmalabrigo to be more of a heavy worsted.

And not to enable anyone or anything but you might want to check back at the Sarah's yarns website (':eyebrow:')

jeanius80
04-20-2007, 10:09 PM
omg the sale
:pout:

i just bought 4 hanks of regal silk and 5 of supermerino :verysad: there really is no hope for me :heart:

brendajos
04-20-2007, 10:32 PM
that's what the other yarn is in the second pic...super merino. keep an eye on your email inbox. when i ordered i had to choose different colors because she didn't have enough of what i wanted... i will sob later over the pink and green super merino! :verysad:

she sent me a bunch of swatch cards too so she is forgiven for selling out before i could order! :teehee:

jeanius80
04-20-2007, 10:34 PM
that's what the other yarn is in the second pic...super merino. keep an eye on your email inbox. when i ordered i had to choose different colors because she didn't have enough of what i wanted... i will sob later over the pink and green super merino! :verysad:

she sent me a bunch of swatch cards too so she is forgiven for selling out before i could order! :teehee:

oh thanks! i did order one that showed as just 1hank..... the others seemed like good bets hmmm... :heart:

mwedzi
04-21-2007, 08:58 AM

Roxy Yarns is having a sale on Supermerino at even cheaper price, like $4.75. you might be able to get the color you want there.

There's no way I would call the Regal Silk worsted. 50gram for 163 yards? No way. Debbie Bliss Pure silk, also single ply 100% silk, has 137 yards to 50 grams and it gets called DK, so that means that it is heavier than the Regal Silk. I see the guage on the regal silk is 5 sts to an inch on size 7s, which is worsted/light worsted, but I'm looking at it thinking that has got to give you a loose and floppy fabric. I'm thinking it should really be knit on size 5s or 4s.