PDA

View Full Version : OK ~Now I feel like a butthead~

aineepooh1
04-21-2007, 12:07 PM
I just received a response from my email to the LYS about my yarn purchase of April 4. After talking to the clerk Last Friday and being assured my Yarn was on its way . I waited all this week and finally got fed up b/c its still not here and sent her an ultimatum of I need my yarn or my money...
Well.. she just emailed my back and said her FATHER DIED... Now after going through this same experience with losing MY DAD April of last year now I feel like a genuine horse's A$$~~

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:
I apologized to her in my email but I feel like such a butthead~! :wall: :oops:

Paws4Knitting
04-21-2007, 12:23 PM
You didn't know and from a customer's stand point- you still have a right to vent about your order.
She probably should have had a general notice or emaill allowing her customers to know she could not be reached for a week or so- that way everyone would have recieved some communication.

Bummer though. :verysad:

bailsmom
04-21-2007, 01:20 PM
I agree with Kimberly, you didn't know what was going on in her life. This is business, not personal. Two separate issues.

If you feel bad that just means you are a truly wonderful person. So dwell on that good thought. :hug: :hug:

I would have done the same thing if it were me.

jodstr2
04-21-2007, 01:59 PM
I also agree. you didn't know. you are a paying customer who was wondering what happened to your order.
I don't think you are an @$$.
:hug:

snowbear
04-21-2007, 02:03 PM
Don't feel bad.. I've been on the other foot.

My parents had rental property. My Dad did 90% of the maintence. Well, My father died on X-Mass day. Needless to say we were a bit out of it. One of our renters called minutes before we left for the funeral. Demanding a plug in be fixed right then! She had asked about 3or 4 days before Dad died, and as we were coming & going at the hospital 70 miles away.. I told her I couldn't get to it right then.. but would w/in 1- 2 weeks. The bottom of the plug in still worked!

Well, she called she started yelling and demanding a partial refund due to us not fixing it asap.

I told her I had to go bury my Father, and would do it that afternoon. She said" It better not be a long funeral!"

My brother was ready to kill. Needless to say we went that afternoon, My brother & I, and fixed her *&(*& plug in!. She never aplogized, and actually insinuated her problem was more important.

She had to unplug her toaster so she could plug in her microwave. She only used her toaster in the morning for toast. She actually stated that.

I held my tongue, replaced the plug in, and aplogized for my Father dieing. She stated.. "You're serious? He really died?"

I opened her paper to my Fathers obit, and showed it to her. Without saying another word we left.

She bad mouthed us to other renters, all they said was we should have kicked her out.

So.. long story short. You apologized. Don't sweat it. There is no way to undue it.. So.. just send her a sympathy note... She'll understand.

Bear Hugs.

aineepooh1
04-21-2007, 02:33 PM
I JUST RECEIVED MY YARN AND ITS LOVELY~!! thanks guys for posting and Snowbear I was thinking about sending her a sympathy card to her store since i don't know her address.. and now I WILL~!!

thanks guys :hug:
Ainee

snowbear
04-21-2007, 02:39 PM
I'm so glad you got your yarn. Hugs your way...

The card will mean all the difference. When I have foot in mouth disease.. believe me.. I have to treat my tongue for athelete's foot... sending a card.. smooths over 99.99% of the time.

:hug:

1knittychick
04-21-2007, 09:22 PM
You are still the customer who pays her wages and if you are not satisfied with the service--you should complain. I don't think you should feel like a horse's booty just because you let your feelings known--even though her dad has passed. Pass along your regrets and check with her next week.

zazzu
04-22-2007, 06:16 PM
Well.. she just emailed my back and said her FATHER DIED... Now after going through this same experience with losing MY DAD April of last year now I feel like a genuine horse's A$$~~

You didn't do anything wrong. How could you have possibly known? And there are enough bad vendors out there to make us wary, unfortunately.

I held my tongue, replaced the plug in, and aplogized for my Father dieing. She stated.. "You're serious? He really died?"

As if you'd make this up. :roll:

Sadly, some people use the "deceased relative excuse" over and over to cover up their mistakes. It makes it harder for those of us who've actually lost loved ones and had it really shake up our lives. :verysad:

Jeremy
04-22-2007, 06:41 PM
Every one of us have been in your position at one time or another. Forgive yourself.

Susan P.
04-23-2007, 07:59 AM
aineepooh1. The card is a lovely idea. As you send it let the issue and guilt go. You should not concern yourself about information you were not aware of, but having regret for her is appropriate and the material presence of that is the card.

Nice av Jeremy :-) And yes, we'll all been in that position at some time in our life.

Silver
04-24-2007, 11:29 AM
I agree that you didn't do anything wrong. In fact I think it's very unprofessional to give you an excuse as to why your order is late, even if it's a good reason. There's absolutely no reason to pull you into her personal life because look at what has happened. You feel guilty over something you had no knowledge or control over. SHE made you feel guilty. Totally unprofessional and an bad move on her part. IMHO.

Now, don't get me wrong, I feel horrible that her father died, but excuses are for children. Not a business person. She should have just said "I apologize for the delay in processing your order. We have experienced an unforeseen circumstance and are working hard to process all orders as soon as possible. Your order will arrive shortly."

I am a graphic artist that works from home and sometimes things happen so that I can not work on the graphics I should be working on. But I would never, ever tell a client that my kid just threw up, or I had to go grocery shopping. I just apologize for the delay and get back to work.

BostonBecca
04-24-2007, 12:08 PM
I respectfully disagree, I think saying that there has been a death in her family that required her absence would be professional and would be more understood by the person waiting and would protect their reputation as a business.