PDA

View Full Version : Surprise! I dont get the EZ BSJ

pigsfly0311
04-23-2007, 01:35 PM
I am at the end of my 22 dec rows 90 stitches... and I am having some brain fog after reading what to do next.
I did find the Notes on the web that has helped me to this point, but I am so completely lost on the part that says:

k22, pm, k1, pm, k44, pm, k1, pm, k22 <---- I'm getting this part

but the next line...
23, 46 (begin incs of M1, k1, m1)

where am i suppose to inc? in between the markers? before marker?

Jan in CA
04-23-2007, 02:30 PM
I am at the end of my 22 dec rows 90 stitches... and I am having some brain fog after reading what to do next.
I did find the Notes on the web that has helped me to this point, but I am so completely lost on the part that says:

k22, pm, k1, pm, k44, pm, k1, pm, k22 <---- I'm getting this part

but the next line...
23, 46 (begin incs of M1, k1, m1)

where am i suppose to inc? in between the markers? before marker?

The numbers are how many stitches you knit before and after the increasing. I always counted to make sure. So... knit to marker, M1, sm, k1, sm, M1, then knit to the next marker and repeat.

Did you join the Knit Baby Surprise yahoo group? If you want to join you have to email the owner now. They closed it because of spam problems, but let people in if they have the pattern and want to knit.

knitbabysurprise-owner@yahoogroups.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/knitbabysurprise/

We also have a knit-a-long here in KH.

BSJ knit-a-long (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24309&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0)

pigsfly0311
04-23-2007, 03:03 PM
The numbers are how many stitches you knit before and after the increasing. I always counted to make sure. So... knit to marker, M1, sm, k1, sm, M1, then knit to the next marker and repeat.

Ok, so the M1 is the 23rd stitch? because the marker is at the 22nd.. If I were to knit 23, I would have to slip the marker knit one then m1..

Forgive my Brain Fog, I quit smoking 4 days ago... with the help of the candle flame shawl and this pattern.... I guess I'm still trying to get a grip...

Jan in CA
04-23-2007, 03:57 PM
I stopped using markers because they were confusing me. I had the same problem with the them as you are. Now I just count the stitches. Eventually you can pretty much tell where they should be w/o counting, but I do it anyway.

Quiltlady
04-24-2007, 07:33 PM
I was half way done with one of these sweaters but then stopped and began another one with nicer yarn. Well I ran into all kinds of trouble with it. I have NO idea why. So I gave up but hope to give it a try in the future.

Jan in CA
04-24-2007, 07:38 PM
It's really not a hard pattern, but the way EZ wrote it is kind of confusing. That's why I joined the Yahoo group. They have people who have made dozens of them, plus they have the row by row instructions. Added to what EZ has I found it very simple.

Keep asking questions and those of us who have done it can help you out.