PDA

View Full Version : New England Sheep and Wool Festival anyone?

ChrissyB
04-23-2007, 04:48 PM
Just wondering if any KHers where going to the NE Sheep and wool festival in Hopkington NH. This will be my first fiber festval, I can't wait!
http://www.yankeeshepherd.org/fes2006.html

kristinw
04-23-2007, 05:40 PM
I didn't even know about this!! I wonder if I can go? Must check tomorrow if I am working!

Stiney
04-23-2007, 07:29 PM
When is it? I'm not in New England for another couple of months.

BostonBecca
04-23-2007, 07:59 PM
It's May 12 and 13 right?

I plan on attending, because I will be done with finals and graduation won't be for another week!

Time to get me some graduation yarn????

ChrissyB
04-23-2007, 08:10 PM
Graduation yarn, what a good idea!! I am getting Mothersday yarn :teehee: It is may12-13, which is mothers day weekend. I am planning on going saterday morning. If anyone thinks they will be there, we should meet up! I will be by my lonesome, as no one I know knits, and everyone I know thinks I am crazy for wanting to go to a sheep and wool festival :shrug: , they are missing out!

Stiney
04-23-2007, 11:20 PM
:verysad:

I'll still be in NJ, and I can't go up for a weekend on Mother's Day. I'm getting enough grief about "leaving her" as it is. :rofl:

ChrissyB
04-24-2007, 08:04 AM
LOL caw, I can't even imagine my mother if I was leaving . Where are you moving too? There is also a knit and crochet show in July, I think it is. Maybe you can catch that one.

ChrissyB
05-03-2007, 08:54 PM
Just bumping this up. The big day is next weekend!! I can't wait.

zkimom
05-04-2007, 07:09 AM
Chrissy,

Have fun at the festival! I wish I could go but I have to head to my mom's for that weekend so I will be in NJ like cawthraven :pout:

Not that I don't like NJ or my mom or anything but I haven't ever been to a Sheep and Wool Festival yet and I would have liked to have gone.

I'm putting the NY one on my calendar and hoping for the best in the fall.

Hope you have a great time and find some lovely treasures!

Best,
Susan

PS -- tell us ALL about it when you get back!

BostonBecca
05-04-2007, 08:58 AM
I am still planning on coming to this, just have to get my boyfriend more into the idea.

ChrissyB
05-05-2007, 07:53 AM
I will definatly be searching for treasures, I have been on a yarn diet in anticipation!! YOu are brave Becca to bring your boyfriend. DH is staying home with DS, so not only do I get to yarn shop, I get time to myself, yipee!! :cheering:

kristinw
05-05-2007, 08:02 AM
I may try to go. I really want to. If I do I'll be going by myself. DH works and it totally wouldn't interest him. What time are you going Chrissy? Maybe we can meet up?

BostonBecca
05-05-2007, 11:05 AM
BF knits a little. Just garter stitch and just on a scarf for me. It's so cute. I hope he will enjoy being outside (if it is a nice day) and I'll just get him some treats (food). Besides, he's the one with the car. Heh.

ChrissyB
05-05-2007, 08:43 PM
Funny Becca, my dh wouldn't even dream of knitting. He doesn't get the point :teehee:
Kristen, I am going early on Sat, probably be there by 9. One of my nephews turns one that day, So I have to be home by 1 to pick up my little guy and head to the party. I thought about going sunday, but I really want to spend mothers day with my family. Let me know if you are going that morning, we could definatly meet up, Becca too. Hope to see you both!

kristinw
05-08-2007, 08:30 AM
Looks like I'm not going to make it - I broke my foot yesterday :pout: :pout: I was SO looking forward to it too!

ChrissyB
05-08-2007, 11:43 AM
Ouch, thats a bummer! :hug: Hope you are feeling better!