PDA

View Full Version : OT - Anyone familiar with Tallahassee, FL?

bobi1218
04-23-2007, 04:56 PM
There is a promotion opportunity at DH's company, based in Tallahassee, FL. Its a job he's actually pretty interested in, so he's asking around at work about the office, the director there, etc, to see if he wants to apply for it (in his company, you need to apply for a promotion position, you don't just get automatically promoted). It would be a pretty considerable bump in pay, and I'm assuming a significant decrease in cost of living, plus he wouldn't be travelling anymore. Right now, he's travelling about twice a month, and we have two young kids, so having him home all the time would be a nice plus.

So does anyone have any info on Tallahassee? Nice place to live/not so nice? Good schools/not so good? Lots of stuff to do with kids/not so much? All I know about it is that FSU is there

TIA!

auburnchick
04-23-2007, 07:35 PM
I lived there for five years, moved down to south FL, then moved back up to north FL. Most of my family lives there still.

The good part of town is the northeast section...Killearn and up Thomasville Road. There's a very nice high school up Thomasville Rd...Chiles High School. Very, very big but good reputation. The elementary schools in that area are also very good. Plus the neighborhoods are gorgeous.

There are really good churches too...if you need any names, let me know.

It really is a nice city. It's changed tremendously since I lived there 13 years ago. Every time we go, I'm amazed at how much the shopping is improving! It's way better than where I live.

They also have some good knitting stores, from what I've heard.

I don't think you would go wrong moving there.

Oh, and don't look for houses around the campus area. :ick: