PDA

View Full Version : Oddball Blanket #4 is COMPLETE!!

Pages : [1] 2

Shandeh
04-24-2007, 01:31 PM
Since our 2nd Oddball Blanket finally appeared after traveling all over the globe, now I have another blanket started, which is ready for the second knitter.

For those of you completely confused, read about our Oddball Charity Blankets by clicking any of the Oddball Blanket Blog links in my signature.

This blanket will be like our first two blankets, knit with any washable worsted weight yarn in your stash.

BostonBecca
04-24-2007, 01:43 PM
I'll join in. It actually sounds like a lot of fun, and I haven't been involved in any charity projects so far.

Shandeh
04-24-2007, 01:53 PM
Thanks, BostonBecca! Just send me a PM with your mailing address, and I'll add you to the list. :heart:

Just to let you all know, here's a photo of the beginning of our blanket, ready to go!
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/198/467213624_d45faacdaa.jpg

Jeremy
04-24-2007, 02:45 PM
I'd like to join Shandeh. Please let me know if you need my address again.

MommaG
04-24-2007, 02:46 PM
I am so in on this one. I will send you a pm with my address.

Jenelle
04-24-2007, 02:56 PM
I'm in! :waving:

Shandeh
04-24-2007, 02:56 PM
Thanks Jeremy and MommaG and Jenelle!!! :hug:

You're all on the list.

Secksiebrat
04-24-2007, 02:59 PM
I'm definitely in. I'll PM you my address!

~danielle~

Shandeh
04-24-2007, 03:30 PM
We're doing great so far! We now have 8 knitters! 17 more to go!

Shandeh
kitkat
Pheath
BostonBecca
Secksiebrat
Jeremy
MommaG
Jenelle
:muah:

Sanibelle
04-24-2007, 03:33 PM
I'm in - I will PM you with my address.

Thanks for doing this!

Lynn

Shandeh
04-24-2007, 03:35 PM
I'm in - I will PM you with my address.

Thanks for doing this!

Lynn

cougarchick
04-24-2007, 06:34 PM
I have been waiting for another one of these to come along I was to late for the last one. I will PM you my address. :cheering:

knitqueen
04-24-2007, 06:41 PM
I'd like to participate in this one!! I have a question too, but I'll PM you. :muah:

Shandeh
04-24-2007, 07:35 PM
I have been waiting for another one of these to come along I was to late for the last one. I will PM you my address. :cheering:

I'd like to participate in this one!! I have a question too, but I'll PM you. :muah:

Thank you both for joining! :heart: :cheering:

Blanket #4 Knitters
Shandeh
kitkat
Pheath
BostonBecca
Secksiebrat
Jeremy
MommaG
Jenelle
Sanibelle
cougarchick
knitqueen

So far that's 11 knitters, we need 14 more!

Shandeh
04-24-2007, 08:59 PM
baronreads just joined, so now we just need 13 more knitters! :hug:

beckyrhae
04-24-2007, 09:06 PM
awww heck... put me down for this one as well. :)

Shandeh
04-24-2007, 09:12 PM
Now, don't join cause you feel like you HAVE to, my friend. :teehee:

Blanket Knitters
Shandeh
kitkat
Pheath
BostonBecca
Secksiebrat
Jeremy
MommaG
Jenelle
Sanibelle
cougarchick
knitqueen
baronreads
beckyrhae

13 Knitters - and we need 12 more!

pandaca
04-25-2007, 02:42 AM
I don't post much, but I would love to participate in this one! I love these blankets!

beckyrhae
04-25-2007, 09:49 AM
Now, don't join cause you feel like you HAVE to, my friend. :teehee:

Heh... dont worry... you arent twisting my arm! Everytime I start up some charity knitting on my own, I find something else to do... with these blankets and shawl I'm with a group, keeps me motivated to get it knit!

rennfamily
04-25-2007, 11:14 AM
Sandy sign up me up too! Unless you get filled with people that haven't gotten to participate yet.

Shandeh
04-25-2007, 01:21 PM
Cool! Now, we have 15 knitters, which leaves room for just 10 more knitters!

Shandeh
kitkat
Pheath
BostonBecca
Secksiebrat
Jeremy
MommaG
Jenelle
Sanibelle
cougarchick
knitqueen
baronreads
beckyrhae
pandaca
rennfamily

HollyP
04-25-2007, 05:56 PM
Hi! I would love to join this one if you are not only taking people who aren't knitting on the other oddballs!
If you need me to resend my address let me know.

Shandeh you really have a great heart for starting all of these! :muah:

ElenTikvah
04-25-2007, 07:19 PM
I've love to join this Oddball too, but if there are others who are not participating on other Oddball projects, then they can have priority over me.

~Tik

Shandeh
04-25-2007, 08:14 PM
Thank you both for joining! :muah:

Now we just need 8 more knitters.

MommaG
04-25-2007, 11:00 PM
I just read through the other odd ball blanket threads and I am so excited for this one to start. Only 8 more people yeah :cheering:
ETA: I added the blanket button to my sig. I am so excited to be a part of this.

Shandeh
04-26-2007, 01:25 AM
:) :hug: :heart:

jeanius80
04-26-2007, 07:27 PM
yay shandeh! is that classic worsted lp? i am making a baby hat (and maybe booties) it is lovely to work with! so soft :heart:

Shandeh
04-27-2007, 12:09 AM
Yes jeanius80, that is EXACTLY what it is! It comes from a yarn company right here in North Carolina, called Universal Yarn (http://www.universalyarn.com/).

I found out about the company through one of my piano students. Her daughter models knitted garments for their company, and one of their reps lives in her neighborhood.

I contacted that person, and she gave me LOTS of yarn (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11984&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=gave+yarn+charity&start=2256) for my charity knitting!
(I just love telling that story!) :)

So, that's the yarn I use whenever I start an Oddball Blanket, or a Red Scarf Project scarf, or a baby hat for the hospital, or anything else I knit for charity. :thumbsup:

jeanius80
04-27-2007, 01:19 AM
Yes jeanius80, that is EXACTLY what it is! It comes from a yarn company right here in North Carolina, called Universal Yarn (http://www.universalyarn.com/).

I found out about the company through one of my piano students. Her daughter models knitted garments for their company, and one of their reps lives in her neighborhood.

I contacted that person, and she gave me LOTS of yarn (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11984&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=gave+yarn+charity&start=2256) for my charity knitting!
(I just love telling that story!) :)

So, that's the yarn I use whenever I start an Oddball Blanket, or a Red Scarf Project scarf, or a baby hat for the hospital, or anything else I knit for charity. :thumbsup:
thats soooo great! what a generous person, and what wonderful yarn for charity! my LYS carries it and i picked up two balls to try it. i love it :mrgreen:

Sanibelle
04-27-2007, 08:55 AM
Hi Shandeh!

I am getting so excited about this blanket. I am sorry I did not sign up for the earlier ones.. but I guess my time will come soon! Are you going to wait till you have enough knitters to start this one? Also if you run short of knitters on any of the other blankets, you can count me in on any of them too....

Lynn

monzogary
04-27-2007, 09:11 AM
Ok, I'll finally take the plunge and join in on this one. I haven't done any charity knitting in a while, so here's my chance!

Shandeh
04-27-2007, 03:26 PM
Hi Sanibelle! Yes....I will wait until I have enough knitters, then I'll put them in geographical order, make a map showing the travel route, then post it here and make a blog! Thanks for being willing to help on another. :heart:

Monzogary! :hug: My old Sockintines Sock pal! :muah:
Thank you SO much for joining. And as you know, I already have your address. :wink:

Shandeh
04-27-2007, 03:29 PM
Here's our list of knitters now:

Shandeh
kitkat
Pheath
BostonBecca
Secksiebrat
Jeremy
MommaG
Jenelle
Sanibelle
cougarchick
knitqueen
baronreads
beckyrhae
pandaca
rennfamily
HollyP
ElenTikvah
monzogary

That's 18! We just need SEVEN more knitters! :cheering:

losnana
04-28-2007, 09:25 AM
Sandy, add me to this one too, but I can be a pinch-knitter if you end up with enough.

HollyP
04-28-2007, 01:55 PM
Bumpity bump bump

Come on we only need 6 more knitters! You know you want to join the odd ball knitters. All the cool kids are doing it! :teehee:

knitqueen
04-28-2007, 03:15 PM
Sandy, if you don't get enough knitters, I'd be happy to do two sections. :hug:

pcrihfield
04-28-2007, 08:07 PM
I would like to join in too.
Phyllis

knitwit628
04-28-2007, 08:14 PM
I'm not sure if I'm going to join but was just wondering.... is the blanket knit on circular needles and how many stitches? also, is it straight garter stitch all the way through? and is the yarn just passed along to us or do we have to buy it ourselves? Thanks! :??

HollyP
04-28-2007, 09:43 PM
I'm not sure if I'm going to join but was just wondering.... is the blanket knit on circular needles and how many stitches? also, is it straight garter stitch all the way through? and is the yarn just passed along to us or do we have to buy it ourselves? Thanks! :??
Yes it is knit on circular needles , it is 300 stitches. You can use what ever stitch you would like. So far on the 1st blanket it has mostly been garter stitch. We are providing our own yarn, but I believe Sandy has offered yarn from her charity yarn stash to anyone who wants to help and doesn't have the yarn. You might want to double check with her on that though.

Sandy I am also willing to do more than one section if need be. My stash could use a little more thinning.

knitwit628
04-28-2007, 10:48 PM
Awesome! I decided that I would LOVE to join! I will pm you, Shandeh. Add me to the list! :cheering: :happydance:

knitwit628
04-28-2007, 10:53 PM
Shandeh, I just pm-ed you with my address... do you need anymore information?

Shandeh
04-29-2007, 02:15 AM
Hi everyone! :waving:

Sorry I wasn't online today. I had to play organ for a wedding, and then spent some time with my hubby at Barnes and Noble. We even went out to eat! (my first good meal in the past two weeks)

When we got back home, I was exhausted, and slept until almost 11 PM.

SO....that explains my absence today.

As for the blanket, we are moving right along! :thumbsup:

We now have 21 knitters! We only need 4 more!!! :cheering:
Shandeh
kitkat
Pheath
BostonBecca
Secksiebrat
Jeremy
MommaG
Jenelle
Sanibelle
cougarchick
knitqueen
baronreads
beckyrhae
pandaca
rennfamily
HollyP
ElenTikvah
monzogary
pcrihfield
knitwit628
losnana

knitwit628
04-29-2007, 05:01 PM
Only 4 more people!!!!!!!! :woot: :cheering:

REVS
04-29-2007, 05:20 PM
Hi Shandeh, can I play again? I'm waiting to get #2 next, but if you're short just a few people I'd love to do this one as well.
However, I don't want to leave out others who might want to join in too.
Let me know.

PS: I love that blue variegated that you started this in!

kitkat
04-29-2007, 06:58 PM
How exciting!!!! I can't wait!

HollyP
04-29-2007, 08:02 PM
:cheering: :cheering: Only three more!! :cheering: :cheering:

Shandeh
04-29-2007, 09:19 PM
Thanks for joining REVS!

Here's our list!
Shandeh
kitkat
Pheath
BostonBecca
Secksiebrat
Jeremy
MommaG
Jenelle
Sanibelle
cougarchick
knitqueen
baronreads
beckyrhae
pandaca
rennfamily
HollyP
ElenTikvah
monzogary
pcrihfield
knitwit628
losnana
REVS

By the way,
I STILL NEED SANIBELLE'S MAILING ADDRESS!!!

And as HollyP so eloquently stated,
"WE ONLY NEED 3 MORE KNITTERS!" :)

DeAnzaJig
04-29-2007, 09:28 PM
I'm already signed on for #3, but if you need another knitter to get this party started :balloons: and no one new wants in, I'd like to get in on #4!

Let me know if you need my address again.

knitwit628
04-29-2007, 09:36 PM
YAY! We are so close to getting enough people for the blanket!!!!!!! :yay:

Shandeh
04-29-2007, 09:50 PM
Woo Hoo!

And I've been saving one person, just in case we need her. I'm putting lissalue at the end of the list!

So NOW, we only need ONE MORE!!! :happydance:

jeanius80
04-30-2007, 12:38 AM
add me :teehee:

Shandeh
04-30-2007, 01:38 AM
Woo Hoo!!!!
:woohoo:

We've got ALL the knitters we need!
:woot: :yay: :balloons: :yay: :woot:

But, I still need Sanibelle's mailing address before I can put the knitters in order. :pout:

stacy.duval
04-30-2007, 08:44 AM
Darn, I guess that's what happens when I don't get online for a few days. I want in if there's any space left on the list. If not, put me down as a pinch knitter.

Shandeh
04-30-2007, 11:41 AM
Darn, I guess that's what happens when I don't get online for a few days. I want in if there's any space left on the list. If not, put me down as a pinch knitter.
Well, Stacy, if I don't hear from Sanibelle, I'll let you have her spot!

Shandeh
04-30-2007, 12:28 PM
While we are waiting for the final decision on Sanibelle or Stacy, I'm going to go ahead and mail the blanket to the first knitter.

BostonBecca, in Massachusetts will be our next knitter, because she will be moving at the end of May.

Our knitter after BostonBecca will be knitwit628, in Kansas.

I'll finish making the list after we get our other issue worked out.
:) :hug:

Just for your information, here is the list of states (in order) where the blanket will travel:
NC
MA
KS
TX
CA
WA
Canada
WI
IL
IN
MI
OH
PA
NY
CT
MD
VA
NC

knitwit628
04-30-2007, 04:40 PM
Woohoo!!!! :happydance:

pandaca
04-30-2007, 05:08 PM
Yea! I can't wait to get the blanket!

knitwit628
04-30-2007, 05:10 PM
Ya! What colors is everybody going to use? Im not sure yet.... :??

HollyP
04-30-2007, 05:42 PM
All I can say is :woot:, :yay:, and :woohoo:

Way to go KHers I knew we could get enough!

I'm not sure what color or yarn I'll be using but I am at the bottom of the list so I should have plenty of time to figure it out!

MommaG
04-30-2007, 07:11 PM
I am super excited now. I am the seventh person on the list and can't wait to get it. Hopefully this time when it comes to Canada it comes straight here and not make a detour to some other country first. :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :muah: :muah: :muah:

HollyP
04-30-2007, 07:46 PM
Hopefully this time when it comes to Canada it comes straight here and not make a detour to some other country first.
But wouldn't it be fun if it turned into another singing animal :rofl: Just kidding of course!!
I'll be keeping my finger and toes crossed that it arrives safely!!

losnana
04-30-2007, 08:15 PM
Sandy, I'll be happy to let Stacy have my spot if needed. Just let me know. Sharing is fun too! Although maybe not quite as much fun as knitting.

BostonBecca
04-30-2007, 08:26 PM
This is great! I can do it right after I finish all my finals, because it shouldn't get here before wednesday...Yay for knitting time!

knitwit628
04-30-2007, 08:45 PM
BostonBecca-
Since you will be getting it for about two weeks when do you think it will get to me? since i'm second i was just wondering so that i can know when to be expecting the blanket :) oh btw, good luck with finals! :hug:

BostonBecca
04-30-2007, 08:59 PM
Wow, I wasn't expecting to hang onto it for two weeks, probably a week max. I am so excited to have some knitting time finally I will probably knit away like mad on it. If I get this early next week or anytime after wednesday it should go out within a week following. So, Mid-to late May???

Thank you for the good luck wishes. First one is tomorrow and the last one is wednesday! I can't wait!

knitwit628
04-30-2007, 09:06 PM
Wow, I wasn't expecting to hang onto it for two weeks, probably a week max. I am so excited to have some knitting time finally I will probably knit away like mad on it. If I get this early next week or anytime after wednesday it should go out within a week following. So, Mid-to late May???

Thank you for the good luck wishes. First one is tomorrow and the last one is wednesday! I can't wait!

Woah! You must be a fast knitter! ha compared to me then, but dont worry everybody I will be able to finish my portion in two weeks :) and ya, that would be a good time. School will be ending shortly after that for me and because of that I probably wont have too much homework and stuff. Besides, I will DEFINITELY be motivated with this project!!!

Shandeh
04-30-2007, 09:38 PM
I mailed the blanket today! :muah:

Shandeh
04-30-2007, 09:39 PM
Sandy, I'll be happy to let Stacy have my spot if needed. Just let me know. Sharing is fun too! Although maybe not quite as much fun as knitting.
You're so sweet, Julie. :heart: I'll keep your offer in mind, just in case.

baronreads
04-30-2007, 10:12 PM
OK, since I'm new at this and have no STASH :oops: what type yarn should I be on the lookout for? Any certain color? fiber? and will everyone's stitches be the same? I can't wait!! :D

BostonBecca
04-30-2007, 10:20 PM
I ordered some KnitPicks Swish Superwash for this because I didn't have any superwash wool.

http://www.knitpicks.com/Swish+Superwash_YD5420153.html

I picked Dublin (I have the color card because I am going to use it for a baby blanket and couldn't figure out what to use for it).

Does anyone know the yardage we should expect to use for our section? I ordered two balls of the Swish because I wasn't sure how much I could expect to use.

Shandeh
04-30-2007, 10:24 PM
baronreads, you can use ANY washable worsted weight yarn. Plymouth Encore or Lion Brand Wool-Ease are good choices. Some people are using Caron Simply Soft, and there are even a few people that have chosen to use up their Red Heart Super Saver stash!

And you can choose ANY STITCH and ANY COLOR you want. :hug:

BostonBecca, I'm not sure of the yardage, but most people have only had to use one skein. If you want, you can do half of your section with one yarn, and the other half with another yarn. Have FUN with it! :)

Shandeh
05-01-2007, 01:57 PM

losnana, I'll leave it up to you now. I did hear from Sanibelle, and have her address now. So that means that stacy.duval would have to go to the "pinch knitters" list.

Just to let you know, Stacy is already knitting on one other blanket.

Shandeh
05-01-2007, 05:02 PM
Here is the list of knitters (IN ORDER) for the 4th Oddball Blanket! :cheering:

Shandeh - NC
BostonBecca - MA
knitwit628 - KS
Secksiebrat - TX
beckyrhae - TX
stacy.duval - TX
pandaca - CA
REVS - WA
jeanius80 - WA
MommaG - Canada
knitqueen - Canada
ElenTikvah - WI
baronreads - IL
cougarchick - IN
monzogary - MI
kitkat - OH
Pheath - OH
pcrihfield - OH
Jenelle - PA
DeAnzaJig - NY
Sanibelle - NY
Jeremy - CT
rennfamily - MD
HollyP - VA
lissalue - NC

And here is our map!
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/212/480424464_7b35764b10.jpg

And OUR BLOG (http://4thoddballblanket.blogspot.com/)!

baronreads
05-01-2007, 05:19 PM
AWESOME!! How EXCITING! Thanks Shandeh!! :cheering:

Shandeh
05-01-2007, 05:35 PM
http://www.smilieland.com/graphics/bowing.gif

knitwit628
05-01-2007, 07:04 PM
Yay! We have a blog!!!!!!!! haha Do we need to send a gift to the next knitter?

Shandeh
05-01-2007, 08:45 PM
knitwit, you are not required to send a gift. But, some of us just enjoy doing it. I'm sure you won't offend anyone if you don't send a gift.

losnana
05-01-2007, 08:49 PM
Sandy, put me as a pinch knitter, please, and let Stacy have a spot. I'm already in line for blanket # 2 and the shawl.

Shandeh
05-01-2007, 08:53 PM
Thanks Julie! :muah:
I edited the earlier post with the change. :wink:

knitwit628
05-03-2007, 07:07 AM
:balloons: :woohoo: :woot:

BostonBecca
05-03-2007, 12:33 PM
I should get my yarn for this on either Saturday or Monday, I'll let you guys know when I get the package with the blanket and the yarn!

Sanibelle
05-03-2007, 03:40 PM
If anyone needs any yarn for the blanket let me know and I will be glad to send you a skein - I have way to much yarn in my stash and I am happy to share. PM me with your address and I will mail it out!

And everyone else... hurry up and knit... I am all the way down at the bottom of the list and I can't wait!!!

Lynn

knitwit628
05-03-2007, 06:24 PM
Yay!!! I just found yarn in my stash that I can use for my portion of the blanket! I was looking through a backpack type thing and found a skein of Caron Simply Soft purple yarn!!! At least I dont have to go out and buy yarn now... and I can get rid of some from my stash! and i do love purple oh so much... :teehee:

Secksiebrat
05-04-2007, 11:24 PM
IT looks like those Texas girls are really well represented. I have my yarn and I can't wait!

~danielle~

Shandeh
05-05-2007, 12:00 AM
I'm SOOOO happy watching our thread in here. It's so cool to read about everyones anticipation and excitement. :)

Did you get the package yet, BostonBecca? :pray:

BostonBecca
05-05-2007, 11:01 AM
I came home last night briefly (just enough time to get dressed for my fancy evening out for a law school event and the package was there) . I haven't even had time to go through it really, but thanks so much for the goodies inside!

I love tea, so some new varieties are always appreciated and there are a couple blanket patterns I want to make.

The mohair yarn is so pretty (and soft!), but I am on a yarn stash reduction quest, so I probably will send the yarn onto the next person. I really loved seeing such pretty yarn however. Getting all my yarn in one place before moving has really shown me how much I do have! It's incredible that I accumulated that much in such a short time. I should get my yarn from KP for this today or Monday and I will start knitting away like mad!

knitwit628
05-05-2007, 11:45 AM
I've been thinking about maybe sending a gift or two to the person after me and was just wondering what some good things to send are. :shrug:

losnana
05-05-2007, 11:51 AM
Lissalue sent me assorted tea bags (yummy) and some lovely cotton yarn. some others have sent knitting notions, etc. If you know who is coming after you you might wnt to pm that person as to colors, hobbies, likes, etc.

knitwit628
05-05-2007, 12:04 PM
ohh ok! thanks! :hug:

Shandeh
05-05-2007, 12:51 PM
I came home last night briefly and the package was there
Yay!!!! I'm SO glad it went through the mail smoothly! :hug:

kellycarr05
05-10-2007, 07:05 AM
If a new blanket goes out sometime I would like to be involved.
Thanks
--Kelly

knitwit628
05-10-2007, 07:13 AM
how is the blanket BostonBecca? you must be having a wonderful time knitting it :teehee: :)

Sanibelle
05-10-2007, 08:56 AM
I hope everyone knits fast - I am all the way down at the bottom of the list and I can't wait to get it!

BostonBecca
05-10-2007, 11:22 AM
It is coming along nicely! I'll post a picture tonight on my blog.

I decided to just do garter stitch so it has a bigger garter stitch border if other people want to do more inventive things later that might curl, etc.

pandaca
05-10-2007, 12:24 PM
I can't wait to get the blanket! Where in Texas is it going? I lived in San Antonio my whole life until 2 1/2 years ago, so I love that I'm getting the blanket after the Texas contingent! :happydance:

Shandeh
05-10-2007, 04:33 PM
If a new blanket goes out sometime I would like to be involved. Thanks --Kelly
Hi Kelly! I can add you in as a "pinch knitter" on this blanket, in case someone has to back out. Just send me a PM with your mailing address, and I'll put you on the list. :hug:

I hope everyone knits fast - I am all the way down at the bottom of the list and I can't wait to get it!
Sanibelle, if you want, you can join in on the Oddball Shawls (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30460&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0). They go MUCH faster, because they are smaller.

I can't wait to get the blanket! Where in Texas is it going? I lived in San Antonio my whole life until 2 1/2 years ago, so I love that I'm getting the blanket after the Texas contingent! :happydance:
pandaca, we'd better not list the cities....to protect our forum members privacy. But, the blanket will spend about a month in Texas, travelling through 3 different cities! :thumbsup:

knitwit628
05-10-2007, 04:42 PM
It is coming along nicely! I'll post a picture tonight on my blog.

I decided to just do garter stitch so it has a bigger garter stitch border if other people want to do more inventive things later that might curl, etc.

Great! I'm so excited to see it! hmmm... i dont know what stitch i should do. since i'm not really a fast knitter and only have so much time i should probably stick with regular garter stitch to go faster... is that ok Shandeh?

Shandeh
05-10-2007, 04:52 PM
i dont know what stitch i should do. since i'm not really a fast knitter and only have so much time i should probably stick with regular garter stitch to go faster... is that ok Shandeh?
You can do ANY kind of stitch you want, my friend! :muah:
This is a blanket of FREEDOM! :)

knitwit628
05-10-2007, 05:21 PM
Thank goodness!!! :)

BostonBecca
05-10-2007, 05:30 PM
I'll have to post pics tomorrow. My camera battery needs to be charged.

Sanibelle
05-11-2007, 11:01 AM
Sanibelle, if you want, you can join in on the Oddball Shawls (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30460&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0). They go MUCH faster, because they are smaller.

Thanks Shandeh. That is a great idea. I PM'd you.

Lynn

Shandeh
05-11-2007, 12:44 PM
Thanks Sanibelle! :hug:

By the way, I never got a PM, but I added you to the shawl knitters.

BostonBecca
05-11-2007, 05:36 PM
I posted a progress picture on my blog. I am so glad I ordered 2 balls of yarn. The first was definately not enough for 3 inches. I'll definately knit up the second ball this weekend and ship it out Monday to the next knitter!

knitwit628
05-11-2007, 05:41 PM
Yay that's me! :cheering: Beautiful color! I'm thinking about doing purple... can't wait to get it :happydance:

jeanius80
05-11-2007, 06:07 PM
shandeh- how many balls of LP worsted do you think i would need for the 3 inches? 2? i love the colors and my LYS carries it, so thats what i wanna use :mrgreen: tia

Shandeh
05-11-2007, 07:11 PM
Well, well!! That was SUPERFAST Becca! :cheering:

And it looks like knitwit is ready for the blanket, so I'll send her address to you right away.

Shandeh
05-11-2007, 07:37 PM
shandeh- how many balls of LP worsted do you think i would need for the 3 inches? 2? i love the colors and my LYS carries it, so thats what i wanna use :mrgreen: tia

I'm not sure if you'll need one or two skeins. Everyone knits differently, you know. If you're a tight knitter, one skein might be enough. If you're a loose knitter, you might want two skeins.

But, it's up to you. You can use two DIFFERENT yarns if you want, in two different colors. That's what I've done before! :hug:

Teeka
05-11-2007, 07:43 PM
Can I join the oddball blanket list? I would love to be part of this wonderful project. Depending when it would be coming my way, I'd be in either NY, WI, or CA (we have a busy summer coming up!).

Shandeh
05-11-2007, 08:10 PM
Can I join the oddball blanket list? I would love to be part of this wonderful project. Depending when it would be coming my way, I'd be in either NY, WI, or CA (we have a busy summer coming up!).

Thanks for asking Teeka! :hug:
Our list is full right now, but I can add you to the list of "pinch knitters", in case someone has to back out.

I will also let you know when we start another blanket, and will put your name on that list automatically! :)

Just send me a PM with your mailing address, and I'll add you to the list.

If you're anxious to work on something right now, you can one of the Oddball Shawl (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30460) knitters.

Teeka
05-12-2007, 06:08 PM
Thanks, Sandy! I pm-ed you w/ my address, but forgot to sign it! oops.

Thank you for adding me to your list for either the shawl or a future blanket, ready to receive marching orders in late August. :happydance:

Shandeh
05-13-2007, 02:28 AM
Woo Hoo! :cheering:

Shandeh
05-14-2007, 10:23 AM
Here is the blanket, with Becca's knitting added:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/194/497942134_96ac346f43_o.jpg
Very pretty! :heart:

BostonBecca
05-14-2007, 10:37 AM
I just finished last night on the second ball, so now there is twice that much of my knitting (and the boyfriend did about one a half rows).

It's ready to be sent off (today) to the next knitter! There will be a picture of it soon on my blog. :)

This was fun!

HollyP
05-14-2007, 02:15 PM
Very pretty! Great job Becca!!! :cheering:

knitwit628
05-14-2007, 04:27 PM
Yay!!!! Beautiful job Becca!! :cheering: :happydance: Im so excited :)

BostonBecca
05-14-2007, 04:57 PM
It's on it's way!

Shandeh
05-14-2007, 06:52 PM
Rock 'n Roll, Becca! That was super-fast! :)
http://bestsmileys.com/music1/5.gif http://bestsmileys.com/music1/17.gif http://bestsmileys.com/music1/18.gif
And you even got your BOYFRIEND to knit! Wow! :notworthy:

rennfamily
05-15-2007, 07:35 AM
WOW it looks great Becca!

Shandeh
05-15-2007, 01:08 PM
Today, I made a new blog, showing the location and progress of each of our blankets! http://blanketfinder.blogspot.com/

BostonBecca
05-15-2007, 01:09 PM
Thanks everyone. It was fun to do and a worthwhile diversion from my first sweater.

Secksiebrat
05-15-2007, 04:51 PM
I've got my yarn for the blanket. I've got dusty rose made by caron. I hope it'll look good with what is already done. If not I've got other yarn in my stash :)

~danielle~

Shandeh
05-15-2007, 05:48 PM
Ooooo! I bet that will be a PRETTY blend with the other colors! :heart:

jeanius80
05-16-2007, 10:07 PM
i can't wait to see how it's coming along!:thumbsup:

knitwit628
05-16-2007, 10:56 PM
I know! I should be receiving it in the next day or two and hopefully my purple will look nice! :)

knitwit628
05-17-2007, 06:36 PM
I received the blanket today!!! Thank you OH SO MUCH, BOSTONBECCA!!! The additional gifts are wonderful!!! I will post a picture of everything in the next day or two when I find time... :) too busy knitting, hehe. Thanks soooo much again!

BostonBecca
05-17-2007, 07:01 PM
The additional gifts are mostly from Shandeh (the yarn is from her). I am a member of knit from your stash so I could not keep the yarn, much to my chagrin, especially that super gorgeous mohair. I am glad you are enjoying the other gifts however!
I am glad you got it safe and sound!

knitwit628
05-17-2007, 07:13 PM
I know the yarn was from Shandeh, but it was nice of you to give it up and send it along! thanks from both of you! :) and yes, the mohair is gorgeous but I just gotta find something to knit it with now...

Shandeh
05-17-2007, 11:20 PM
Yippee! Our blanket is in Kansas in the safe hands of knitwit628.
:) :cheering: :)

If you're looking for something to make with that mohair, I think it would make a BEAUTIFUL lace scarf. :heart:

knitwit628
05-18-2007, 06:54 AM
YES!!!! that is a wonderful idea!!!! once i finish my other projects, that will definitely be on my list of things to knit!!! :D

Secksiebrat
05-19-2007, 11:36 AM
I'm patiently awaiting the blanket next! I've got my yarn and some goodies for the next person in line!

~danielle~ :cheering:

Shandeh
05-26-2007, 03:16 PM
How are things going with the blanket, knitwit628?

knitwit628
05-28-2007, 06:25 PM
Sorry I havent replied because my family and I took a vacation to see family on Friday and just returned today. It is coming along great! Do we have to reach 3 inches or is 2 1/2- 3 inches ok? I have been trying to knit as much as I can but with me being a slower knitter, it takes more time. My time is up Thursday, right? Just making sure... I will be sending it out in the next day or two!!! :cheering:

Shandeh
05-28-2007, 11:14 PM
Knitwit, there is no rush at all!
I was just making sure that you're okay. :muah:

You don't have to knit a full 3 inches if you don't want to.
It's your decision, my friend. :hug:

knitwit628
05-29-2007, 04:28 PM
Well, I have only 1 inch left to do and my goal is to finish it tonight!!! We will have to wait and see! :) I will send it out tomorrow or Thursday for sure.

Shandeh
05-29-2007, 11:39 PM
Yay! :cheering:

Did I already send Secksiebrat's address to you?

knitwit628
05-30-2007, 06:52 AM
No... you could send it to me today!!! :)

Shandeh
05-30-2007, 12:46 PM
No... you could send it to me today!!! :)
Okey dokey! :thumbsup:

I just thought I would post in here to let you all know that I might be unavailable for the next few days. I am having a piano recital for my piano students this weekend, so I'm busy getting ready for that. :wink:

knitwit628
05-31-2007, 11:09 AM
Secksiebrat--
I finished the blanket last night :cheering: and will be sending it to you today! I hope that when you recieve it, that you will have as much fun as I did!!! :happydancing:

HollyP
05-31-2007, 05:59 PM
Do we get to see pictures???
Good luck with it Secksiebrat!!

Hope you have a Wonderful recital Sandy! We'll miss seeing you aroung here!

knitwit628
05-31-2007, 07:49 PM
I have pictures!!! But first I need to figure out how to put them on the forum... i will post some later tonight!!! :)

knitwit628
05-31-2007, 10:21 PM
ughhhh i can't figure it out :( i've tried the resizing thing Jan in CA recommends but I cant do it.

DeAnzaJig
05-31-2007, 10:26 PM
Did you try clicking on the little paper clip icon and browsing to your image? It's in your first icon row.

That worked for me.

Can't wait to see the pictures! :cheering:

knitwit628
06-01-2007, 10:05 AM
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s94/alexknits/DSC00001.jpg http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s94/alexknits/DSC00004.jpg

knitwit628
06-01-2007, 10:06 AM
Did that work? Did I resize properly?

debinoz
06-01-2007, 12:41 PM
Works for me! I love that "in your face" color. Great job!

knitwit628
06-01-2007, 04:33 PM
Thanks!!!! :lol: yeah, I used Caron SS Brites.

jeanius80
06-01-2007, 06:22 PM
very pretty purple!

DeAnzaJig
06-01-2007, 07:01 PM
Nice color choice. It goes very well with the green!

Shandeh
06-02-2007, 01:19 AM
I love it, knitwit628!

Is it possible to send me a larger photo so I can put it on our blog?

BostonBecca
06-02-2007, 08:31 AM
That looks great! It's nice to see what I did built upon.

knitwit628
06-02-2007, 09:31 AM
Shandeh-- I will try. I won't be able to do it for most of the day though because I will be out, but will send you the full sized pictures when I get home.

BostonBecca-- I agree!! Doesn't the green go great with purple? :)

Secksiebrat
06-02-2007, 11:01 PM
Nothing in the mail today. I'll let ya know when it gets here :)

~danielle~

knitwit628
06-03-2007, 12:35 AM
Hi Secksiebrat! We sent the blanket through UPS and the man that worked there said that it should be there Monday. Also, I can track the package on their website to see where it is. Tomorrow I will check to see. :)

Secksiebrat
06-03-2007, 02:47 AM
OK awesome, didnt' realize it was coming UPS. They are usually here around 3-5pm. So I'll watch for them. Thanks for letting me know!

~danielle~

knitwit628
06-04-2007, 02:22 PM
I just wanted to let ya know that I checked the UPS tracking system thing & it said that the package is out for delivery! Hopefully you will be getting it soon! :)

Secksiebrat
06-04-2007, 05:03 PM
I got it today!!! :happydancing::cheering::yay:

I counted the stitches and got my yarn ready.....and then my son wakes up :wall:

That's the way it always works. I'll get to knitting later this evening and I'll post pictures of the beautiful gifts that were also included!

~danielle~

knitwit628
06-04-2007, 06:07 PM
Yay! I'm glad it got there safely. I can't wait to see the yarn you chose. :D

Shandeh
06-04-2007, 11:17 PM
Yay! Our blanket is safe!

Here's the larger photo that knitwit sent me:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1022/529918098_ba77303ae0.jpg

BostonBecca
06-04-2007, 11:32 PM
The purple does look great with the green, I can't wait to see what color gets added next!

Secksiebrat
06-05-2007, 12:11 AM
I was able to knit about an inch tonight. The color I'm doing is a dusty rose. It's from caron yarns as well. It's looking really nice. I hope to get another inch knitted tomorrow and hopefully finish it up and have it out by the end of the week or early next week.

~danielle~

rennfamily
06-05-2007, 11:52 AM
Looks beautiful!

HollyP
06-05-2007, 01:38 PM
Very pretty!!

DeAnzaJig
06-05-2007, 06:39 PM
Nice color choice!

BostonBecca
06-08-2007, 01:38 PM
Update?

Please!

Shandeh
06-08-2007, 03:59 PM
Well....she's only had it for 4 days....:teehee:

Secksiebrat, any news?

pandaca
06-08-2007, 07:25 PM
LOL, I'm impatient too, BostonBecca! I can't wait for the blanket to finish it's tour of Texas and make it to CA!

Shandeh
06-08-2007, 07:28 PM
I'm a very patient person, I guess. But the thing I'm looking forward to is getting the blankets back to my house so I can see ALL the knitting and the notes written in the journal!!!

Then, I'll have to knit the largest border I've ever made in my life. :teehee:

And, then we'll have to decide who to GIVE them to! :thumbsup:

knitwit628
06-08-2007, 07:37 PM
Do we get to vote on where to give the blankets?

Shandeh
06-08-2007, 09:03 PM
Do we get to vote on where to give the blankets?
Definitely! :thumbsup:

Secksiebrat
06-08-2007, 10:48 PM
I have about 3 more rows to go and I'll be finished :) I should probably be able to finish it up tonight or tomorrow. Unfortunately our post office isn't open on Saturday's. But I do plan to get it out in the mail on Monday morning. If you could PM me the next person's address, that would be great. I should be able to get a picture up this weekend as well :)

~danielle~

Shandeh
06-08-2007, 11:48 PM
Yay!! :cheering: I can't wait to see how our blanket looks now!

I just sent a message to the next knitter to see if they are available. :thumbsup:

Secksiebrat
06-09-2007, 11:32 PM
OK here are the 2 pictures of the blanket. The colors may be a little off as it wasn't the best lighting. I used caron yarn. The color is a dusty rose.

I did a wave pattern. It's the same pattern that you can get online from knitpicks from their afghan kits. I have one of the kits I plan to knit up at some point in time. It's a very simple pattern and turned out pretty nice!

I'll be mailing out the box monday morning so hopefully by wednesday the next person should have it!

Thanks so much for allowing me to participate in this one. I can't wait to see the finished product. I also can't wait for blanket #5 to make it's way to me!

http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w221/daniemikie/?action=view&current=oddblanket.jpg

http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w221/daniemikie/?action=view&current=oddballblanket2.jpg

~danielle~

Shandeh
06-10-2007, 12:20 AM
Thanks Danielle! Your knitting looks great!:thumbsup:

HollyP
06-10-2007, 09:32 AM
Great job Danielle!:cheering: I love that pattern!

pandaca
06-10-2007, 07:48 PM
That looks great! I love how the rose color looks with the other colors.

knitwit628
06-10-2007, 10:17 PM
i love the pattern...its so pretty! Great job!

Dangles
06-11-2007, 01:21 AM
Ooo, how pretty and good colour choice too :)

beckyrhae
06-11-2007, 01:36 AM
Looks great! I cant wait to get my hands on this blanket!

BostonBecca
06-11-2007, 09:09 AM
Very nice!

Secksiebrat
06-11-2007, 07:06 PM
Ok I must confess I didn't make it to the post office today. I got stuck in Longview waiting for the dealership to call me to tell me my tags were in, which they still aren't. So I spent way more time out there then I had planned and by the time I returned home, the post office was closed :pout:

So everything is packaged up and I'll head there in the morning. I'm thinking it still should be there by the end of the week, since it's not going that far :)

~danielle~

lissalue
06-11-2007, 07:09 PM
It is beautiful!! You did such a great job! :cheering:

Shandeh
06-12-2007, 01:35 AM
No worries, Danielle. :hug:

I have 4 packages sitting on my kitchen table that I need to mail out. I'm waiting for my paycheck so I'll have enough money to mail them all! :teehee:

Secksiebrat
06-12-2007, 03:42 PM
The package is on it's way! They said 2 days, so by the end of the week beckyrhae should have it! I hope she enjoys her extra goodies as well :)

~danielle~

beckyrhae
06-13-2007, 01:30 AM
Yipee! I cant wait!

Sandy... our knitting guild started oddball blankets here to give to nursing homes in our area. I told them all about our blankets and shawls and they were insipired! Woot!

Shandeh
06-13-2007, 03:06 AM
Sandy... our knitting guild started oddball blankets here to give to nursing homes in our area. I told them all about our blankets and shawls and they were insipired! Woot!
How cool! :happydance: I love to see this idea take root in your community!

beckyrhae
06-15-2007, 01:25 PM
The blanket has arrived!!! :happydance: And it is just lovely!

I am using a Caron Simply Soft in a cream color. Danielle did a gorgeous stitch on her section!

I also recieved some goodies: A journal, picture frame and candles!

knitwit628
06-15-2007, 03:12 PM
Great job Secksiebrat!! And ohhh you and beckyrhae are using very pretty colors. :)

Secksiebrat
06-15-2007, 03:17 PM
Awesome, I'm glad it made it there! I can't wait to see the pictures!

~danielle~

Shandeh
06-16-2007, 02:03 PM
The blanket has arrived!!! :happydance: And it is just lovely!

I am using a Caron Simply Soft in a cream color. Danielle did a gorgeous stitch on her section!

I also recieved some goodies: A journal, picture frame and candles!

Becky, I think that journal is the one we're using for the blanket. :think:
(It's reversible...you flip the journal back and forth....for night and day dreams)

beckyrhae
06-16-2007, 10:23 PM
Becky, I think that journal is the one we're using for the blanket. :think:
(It's reversible...you flip the journal back and forth....for night and day dreams)

Ooo... maybe so. :teehee: I didnt see any writing in it ... :rofling: and looking AGAIN I see it is!

Shandeh
06-17-2007, 12:41 AM
:teehee:

Shandeh
06-18-2007, 03:42 PM
If you're tired of waiting for updates on our blanket, just join us as we sing our Oddball Blanket #4 Theme Song:

:note: :) :note:
(sing to the tune of "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star")
Oddball Blanket #4,
Don't know who we're knitting for.
Maybe you'll keep children warm,
Or some students in a dorm.
It don't matter, cause we know
You'll show our love where ever you go.
:note: :) :note:

Dangles
06-18-2007, 05:48 PM
:teehee: Good one, Sandy.

Shandeh
06-18-2007, 10:34 PM
I just got tired of seeing no posts in here, so I sang a song. :teehee:

beckyrhae
06-20-2007, 10:18 AM
LOL... Shame on ME! I've been knitting on it I swear! I'll post pictures of my progress soon. :) Good song Sandy.

HollyP
06-21-2007, 06:06 PM
Great song Sandy!! You are so clever!

Shandeh
06-22-2007, 05:53 AM
:)

Shandeh
06-25-2007, 10:03 PM
Soooo....how are you and the blanket getting along, Becky? :wink:

Shandeh
07-02-2007, 12:08 PM
Yoo Hoo! Becky!!

Your two weeks is up, my friend!

I might have to call the reserves to go after you with their artillery of yarn whips! :teehee:

jeanius80
07-02-2007, 12:18 PM
BECKY!!

:waving: hi :lol:

Sanibelle
07-02-2007, 02:30 PM
I feel like this blanket is never going to get to me... at this rate it will be next year before I see it.

Love your song Shandeh! Too bad you cannot record it so we can all hear you sing!

Shandeh
07-03-2007, 09:06 AM
Yeah, these blankets are moving S L O W L Y right now. Must be the summer heat. :-?

stacy.duval
07-03-2007, 11:03 PM
Shandeh, I hadn't looked at this thread in a while, and I just realized that the blanket is scheduled to come to me next. Is there a way that I can get my name pushed toward the end of the list, or is it too late? I am taking 15 college hours right now, and I don't think I will have the time to do it right now. If I could get bumped to the end, that would be great, but if that won't work maybe a pinch knitter could fill in? I still want to do it, but I don't think I'll be able to until after August 15th. If Becky has already sent it to me, I can go ahead and pass it on as soon as I get it, or whatever works best. Just let me know what to do. I just don't have much time for knitting right now. But I did get a 100 on my first Chemistry test! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Shandeh
07-04-2007, 02:18 AM
Is there a way that I can get my name pushed toward the end of the list, or is it too late?

Sure thing, my friend. I'll let you know where I put you on the list. In fact, I might switch you to a different blanket, so it makes sense geographically. I'll get to work on it right now.

Congratulations on your WONDERFUL grade! :thumbsup:

Shandeh
07-04-2007, 02:26 AM
Stacy, I just looked at my Oddball Blankets worksheet, and noticed that you are involved in three of the Oddball Blankets. I think I'll just take you off this one, and put in one of our "pinch knitters", because they've been REALLY wanting to get involved!

Plus, I think with your school schedule, you'll have enough to do with working on two oddball blankets! :teehee:

I hope that's okay with you. :wink:

stacy.duval
07-04-2007, 10:17 AM
That's fine with me. Whatever works out best. Once this summer session is done, I'll be working full time again, and I will have more time for crafts, at least until next summer. I appreciate it, Shandeh.

Shandeh
07-04-2007, 02:32 PM
Sure thing, Stacy! :thumbsup:
Thanks for working on the other blankets! :hug:

I have contacted the next "pinch knitter" on our list, and she has accepted to participate! :)

So, say "Hello" and "Welcome"! to our latest Oddball Knitter,
LindzKnits!

Here's our updated list of knitters for Oddball Blanket #4:

Shandeh - NC
BostonBecca - MA
knitwit628 - KS
Secksiebrat - TX
beckyrhae - TX
pandaca - CA
REVS - WA
jeanius80 - WA
MommaG - Canada
knitqueen - Canada
ElenTikvah - WI
baronreads - IL
cougarchick - IN
monzogary - MI
kitkat - OH
Pheath - OH
pcrihfield - OH
Jenelle - PA
DeAnzaJig -NY
Sanibelle - NY
Jeremy - CT
rennfamily - MD
LindzKnits - VA
HollyP - VA
lissalue - NC
Shandeh - NC

DeAnzaJig
07-04-2007, 04:30 PM
Hi LindzKnits! :waving:

LindzKnits
07-04-2007, 05:55 PM
Hey everyone. I can't wait for the blanket to get to me

pandaca
07-04-2007, 10:03 PM
The blanket is coming to me! I'm so excited!

pandaca
07-04-2007, 10:04 PM
Stacy, good luck with school! My husband just graduated, so I know how hectic it can be, especially summer classes.

knitwit628
07-05-2007, 12:12 AM
Nice song Sandy :lol:

What color are you going to add pandaca? I cant wait to see how it turns out!! :happydancing:

pandaca
07-09-2007, 10:36 AM
I'm not sure what color I'll use. I'll wait till it gets here and see if I have anything in my stash that fits. Otherwise, I guess I'll just have to go shopping. :happydance:

Shandeh
07-09-2007, 12:31 PM
I just sent a PM to beckyrhae, to see if she's mailed it yet.

Shandeh
07-10-2007, 04:08 PM
Becky says that she is mailing the blanket today. She wants to take photos to document everything. So, hopefully you'll get it soon, Pandaca! :hug:

pandaca
07-11-2007, 10:44 AM
Great! My charity knitting group meets Sunday, so hopefully it will come Friday or Saturday.

REVS
07-12-2007, 01:41 PM
:waving: Hi everyone,
haven't been here in a while... Life's been crazy...

But I just realized that I'm right after pandaca - Yippee!!! :happydance:I'm excited...

Let's show the blanky a good time on the West Coast!

HollyP
07-12-2007, 09:51 PM
ooh I can't wait to see the pictures!

pandaca
07-13-2007, 11:01 AM
Every day I rush home from work to check the mail! Nothing yet, but maybe today. :)

Shandeh
07-13-2007, 01:08 PM
I hope Becky mailed it! :help:

I'll check with her again.

pandaca
07-15-2007, 10:05 PM
No blanket yet, but maybe tomorrow.

And I now have 21 Rubbermaid tubs full of yarn sitting in my living room, so I'll have plenty to choose from!! It was all donated by one person for the charity knitting group I run. Well, as of today I run it. I just took over because the other lady moved.

Shandeh
07-15-2007, 11:56 PM
OMG! That's WONDERFUL!!!! Isn't it nice when life hands you a bowl full of cherries!! :happydance:

Becky contacted me, and said that she has mailed the blanket. So you should be getting it very soon. :)

REVS
07-18-2007, 05:54 PM
Is it there yet, is it there yet?
I hope it makes it safely to your house, pandaca.

Congrats on the HUGE charity stash you now manage!
I'm sure it has it's dangers though - I know I would spend a couple of days just going through bins looking for the perfect complement to the blanket... How good that I'm limited by the selection at my LYS - LOL!

pandaca
07-22-2007, 06:22 PM
No blanket yet. I'll let you know as soon as it gets here!

hularac1
07-22-2007, 11:46 PM
Since our 2nd Oddball Blanket finally appeared after traveling all over the globe, now I have another blanket started, which is ready for the second knitter.

For those of you completely confused, read about our Oddball Charity Blankets by clicking any of the Oddball Blanket Blog links in my signature.

I already have 4 knitters, including myself. (The others signed up as "pinch knitters" for our last blanket, so I'm assuming they want to be part of this one.)

Shandeh
Secksiebrat
kitkat
Pheath

So, we need 21 more knitters. This blanket will be like our first two blankets, knit with any washable worsted weight yarn in your stash.
Brand-new here, not sure what I'm doing, but I am sure I'd like to be part of the Oddball Blanket project. Sounds like fine fun. I'll check back. --Carol in Honolulu

Shandeh
07-23-2007, 12:14 AM
Brand-new here, not sure what I'm doing, but I am sure I'd like to be part of the Oddball Blanket project. Sounds like fine fun. I'll check back. --Carol in Honolulu

Hi Carol! Send me a private message, and I'll give you the details of the Oddball Projects. :)

(click my photo, then click "send private message")

pandaca
07-25-2007, 11:24 PM
Still no blanket. Is there a tracking number for it? I'm starting to wonder if it got lost.

knitwit628
07-25-2007, 11:27 PM
Still no blanket. Is there a tracking number for it? I'm starting to wonder if it got lost.

hmm did she send it ups? i know you can track it through ups... maybe Becky has a tracking number. I hope the blanket is safe!!!!!!! :pray:

beckyrhae
07-27-2007, 08:58 AM
Hi guys. No I didnt get a tracking number I dont know why... at least I dont think I did, if I did, my normal habit is to sit and watch it on its trip... just one of my many odd quirks. :)

Sorry for my absence, I've either been working or camping out at my MIL's with my DH's grandmother and the computer time there is shared on a single computer... not the ideal situation in a three computer family. LOL

Shandeh
07-27-2007, 03:20 PM
Oh well....we'll just have to spend time in prayer over it.
:pray: :pray: :pray:

:teehee:

knitwit628
07-27-2007, 07:56 PM
Oh no!!! The blanket isn't lost is it??? :pout: I hope it's ok! :sad:

Shandeh
07-27-2007, 09:01 PM
I hope it turns up, because we've been GOOD. :pout:

BostonBecca
07-28-2007, 07:49 AM
If it is lost, god forbid, I would be happy to knit on a new blanket, and I know Michael would probably want to add a section as well.

I have a new address however.

Shandeh
07-28-2007, 12:08 PM
If we have to start again, I'll send it to Pandaca, and we'll continue the list from there, then we'll send it to those of you who have already participated in the one that got lost. Maybe that would give us time to locate the other one. :think:

Is everybody okay with that plan?

knitwit628
07-28-2007, 12:17 PM
I think it's a good plan. I may not be able to participate in the new blanket though since I am going to be very busy with the school year coming and other things I need to knit for the holidays. Hopefully we can still find the blanket though!!!!!

BostonBecca
07-28-2007, 07:44 PM
I think that is a good plan Shandeh.

I know my boyfriend would knit a section if anyone has to drop out, and the blanket would only have to be sent to one address for two knitters that way.

Shandeh
07-28-2007, 08:09 PM
I think it's a good plan. I may not be able to participate in the new blanket though since I am going to be very busy with the school year coming and other things I need to knit for the holidays. Hopefully we can still find the blanket though!!!!!

Knitwit, I'll keep you on the list, because it will be about a year before it would come to you anyway. :teehee:

knitwit628
07-28-2007, 08:47 PM
Knitwit, I'll keep you on the list, because it will be about a year before it would come to you anyway. :teehee:

Ok :teehee: I never realized it would be a year!!! Works for me though!

pandaca
07-29-2007, 12:48 PM
That plan sounds good to me. How much longer do we want to wait for the blanket to get here? A few more days?
I'm sorry about the hangup, everyone. :sad:

pandaca
07-29-2007, 12:49 PM
Oh, in happier news I just noticed that I'm a senior member! Don't know when that happened.

Shandeh
07-29-2007, 02:37 PM
That plan sounds good to me. How much longer do we want to wait for the blanket to get here? A few more days?

Let's wait until August 1st....just a few days away.

REVS
07-29-2007, 05:20 PM
That sounds like a great plan to me. Thanks for just starting us anew if needbe , Shandeh! :cheering::muah::cheering:

We've been burned twice by the mail system already, though! Yikes... :pout:

I still hope the original #4 shows up before August 1st! :pray: :pray: :pray:

Shandeh
07-29-2007, 07:42 PM
Yeah, it's a pain, but we'll pull through.

I figure that with 100 knitters involved in a mail project, we're BOUND to have some problems occasionally. So far, among all the blankets and shawls, we've only had 3 problems. So, I guess we're doing okay. :wink:

Susan P.
07-29-2007, 11:49 PM
:) Aside from the fact it would hold up the process appallingly in terms of postal times I would also join in. I think I will start my own small project here - I've become inspired by reading the threads - and try to make an item for an elderly person for Christmas. In my area whilst children are always a target group needing much thought and help, the elderly often live in harsh conditions and the local Salvation Army could steer me towards someone deserving I am sure.

Shandeh
07-30-2007, 03:25 AM
Susan, if you want, you can cast on a blanket, and mail it to me, then I can continue it here in the US with another group of our KH knitters. We could send it back to you at the end, so you could get your needles back, and you could donate it to a charity in your country.

We could set up a different thread for that one. It could be Oddball Blanket #7. :wink:

Susan P.
07-30-2007, 03:38 AM
Sandy..that is an incredibly generous offer however I could not accept it given everyone bar me would be from the US. *However*, I will think of some options of how I could contribute to what you're doing in different ways and come back to you. Thank you again for the most generous offer. :heart:

Susan P.
07-30-2007, 07:06 AM
Hi Sandy..I saw that you've been doing one blanket in squares.. If you have another one of those going to be done.. I'll put my hand up to contribute to that if its in knit and not crochet. I'd be happy to do a couple of squares and I can post across to you. Is this a do-able option? If this sort of blanket is more rarely made I'll make another suggestion but one at a time :)

Shandeh
07-30-2007, 01:34 PM
Hi Sandy..I saw that you've been doing one blanket in squares.. If you have another one of those going to be done.. I'll put my hand up to contribute to that if its in knit and not crochet. I'd be happy to do a couple of squares and I can post across to you. Is this a do-able option? If this sort of blanket is more rarely made I'll make another suggestion but one at a time :)

Hmmm:think: Am I making a blanket I don't know about? :??

I don't have a blanket being made with squares.

Which one are you referring to?

Susan P.
07-30-2007, 08:14 PM
I just tried to locate the thread. it's rather a maze in here :) .I can only assume it's someone elses as I know I read twice about people making squares. One person said they had finished their square and had sent it. Sorry about that. :)

HollyP
07-30-2007, 08:26 PM
I think you are referring to the baby odball log cabin blanket. They each start with a square and go from there.