PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know what hat pattern I am thinking of?

jess_hawk
04-25-2007, 12:46 AM
A while back when I was looking for hats to make for several of my friends, and a girl undergoing chemo, I came across a cute hat with a cable pattern. Never having done a pattern with a cable, I didn't want to do it for the chemo cap, and the delicate pattern definitely would not have been appreciated by the guys, so I didn't make it. I also, stupidly, didn't save the location of the pattern. Does anyone know where I could find it? It was not one of those chunky cable patterns, the cables were no thicker than two stitches each... and I believe they all kind of wove together rather than being single braids, but it could have just been the effect created at the top. If anyone knows what I'm talking about and can link me the pattern, I would be totally indebted to them. I'd like to make this hat this summer for myself, to go with the sweater I'm working on now. Thanks!

nuknitter
04-25-2007, 01:26 AM
Is it the Shedir cap?? I love this pattern, have yet to knit it:

http://www.headhuggers.org/patterns/kpatt15.htm

It's a couple pages scrolled down on the pdf...

jess_hawk
04-25-2007, 01:33 AM
Ah! yes it is that one! I saw it as I was searching for it, but just on the headhuggers site and I remembered the way it braided together on top so I knew I hadn't seen it on the headhuggers site. But the braid is shown in the pdf!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

nuknitter
04-25-2007, 05:46 PM
So glad it worked out! I know how crazy that can make me, not knowing where a pattern is, so YEA!!! :cheering: