PDA

View Full Version : THANK YOU to the MOD SQUAD for approving new Dyer's Forum!!!

MoniDew
04-25-2007, 01:26 PM
There seems to be a lot of chatter lately, on the general forum, about dying... perhaps we should ask the mods to add a dyer's forum? (We have a spinner's forum... why not a dyer's forum?)

Couldn't hurt to ask...right?
________
ARIZONA MEDICAL MARIJUANA (http://arizona.dispensaries.org/)

Secksiebrat
04-25-2007, 02:27 PM
I'd like to learn mor eabout dying. I have some sock yarn and some yarn for a sweater I'd like to dye soon. I have a bunch of easter egg kits I think would be nice to use.

~danielle~

auburnchick
04-25-2007, 02:35 PM
The more I learn about knitting and the more I watch KG, the more interested I get in this topic. KP catalogs don't help either. :teehee:

It would be nice to have a place that is dedicated to this.

jeanius80
04-25-2007, 02:42 PM
:heart: i think its a great idea! it can be overwhelming sometimes to search through all the topics pulled up when you do a search. and it would be a great place to show off our dyed yarns, and share tips on how to get self-striping, 'fair isle', pooling effects..... :cheering:

Mariblue
04-25-2007, 10:44 PM
I think this is a great idea. :cheering:

MoniDew
04-26-2007, 08:55 PM
bump
________
Mazda Cx-9 Specifications (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Mazda_CX-9)

Orchid22
04-27-2007, 02:29 PM
I think this is a fabulous idea!!

sara_jayne
04-27-2007, 02:39 PM
On reason that this is such a great idea is because not all dyers are knitters and it would give them a space, like the Spinner's forum to talk about dying with out all of our OT knitting interjection!

Leah22b
04-27-2007, 03:44 PM
I've just started dyeing as well. I have some sock yarn I just couldn't find the right color for my pattern. So I thought I would make my own. So fare I've dyed 3 different colors and still haven't gotten just the right color.... But its fun, so I'll keep trying...lol

kellyh57
04-27-2007, 03:47 PM
Could it just be added to the spinning forum? Or is that too busy? They seem to be along the same line. At least I think my spinners would dye too. Of course, all dyers may not spin...

I just think that if you add too many forums, people will forget to read them and some will get lost in the mix. Just my opinion....

Stiney
04-27-2007, 04:04 PM
Well, the spinning forum doesn't get a whole lot of activity...maybe it could be renamed the Spinners and Dyers forum or something?

ChroniclesofYarnia
04-27-2007, 04:08 PM
I was also thinking it would be a good idea to make the spinning forum a slash forum. I voted the second option, simply because once you know all about dying methods and everything involved, there really isn't much else to do except share your successes and such.

I think a good option would be to split the spinning forum into dying also, and then have an FAQ for dying questions. On most boards I have seen, the same questions get asked over and over again, and it becomes a bit laborious.

Ingrid
04-27-2007, 04:14 PM
The mods have been discussing this, and agree that a Spinning/Dyers forum would work beautifully (Hildies brilliant idea, too) but Amy has to do the name change.

MoniDew
04-27-2007, 10:19 PM
YEAH MODS!!!! thank you for the new forum!!!
________
Vapor genie review (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/vapor-genie)