PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have this book? - UPDATE (found it)

cookworm
04-26-2007, 11:56 AM
Does anybody have the book, "Wedding Knits", by Suss Cousins (ISBN 0307346404)? They had a really pretty feather and fan wrap (the "Bridal Stole") in there that used some beautiful yarn, but I don't remember what kind of yarn it was (weight, brand). I know it had some alpaca in it, but if somebody could be so kind as to post the brand of the yarn, I'd appreciate it greatly.

I found her website on line and it mentioned the yarn.
http://sussdesigns.com/knittingSite/productDetail.php?prodID=430&PHPSESSID=612a3d567f9ba8485a938a0499697ee1

Quiltlady
04-26-2007, 12:18 PM
I'm glad you found what you were looking for. What are you planning to knit? Is it for your own wedding??

cookworm
04-26-2007, 12:27 PM
Nope. It's way too late for me to make this for myself, although it would've been a really pretty addition to my wedding gown way back when :teehee:

I would like to make a shawl for each of my daughters for when they reach puberty; you know--something as a "welcome to womanhood" kind of a gift, and then (if my girls take care of them and the wraps last!) they can each wear them for their graduation from 8th grade, high school graduations, and if they get married, then for their weddings. I was looking for something really feminine and pretty for them, and I've been considering a feather and fan shawl, but didn't know what kind of yarn I'd like to use. When I saw this stole in this book with the yarn they used, it had a really nice, soft halo to it, so I wanted to know what kind of yarn it was.

Abbily
04-26-2007, 03:38 PM
That wrap is beautiful.... and what a wonderful idea!!