PDA

View Full Version : Knitty Surprise

IrishKnitter
04-26-2007, 10:48 PM
Knitty's blog (http://knitty.com/blog/) says that a surprise will be up tomorrow. It's about time! :teehee:

Doublereeder2
04-26-2007, 11:45 PM
WooooooHoooooooo!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

five_six
04-26-2007, 11:55 PM
But it IS Friday... where is it, it should appear on my computer!! :teehee: I want it now!!

kristinw
04-27-2007, 08:46 AM
oooh, I LOVE the Arietta sweater!!!! And they used KP yarn for it! The other sweater is cute too.

Ronda
04-27-2007, 09:04 AM
oooh, I LOVE the Arietta sweater!!!!

That is just beautiful. I wonder when I'll be ready to try a sweater?!?! :??

lauraknits
04-27-2007, 09:16 AM
I am making arietta AND the other cardi! Oh yeah.

Uh oh, when? I have soooo many projects!!!

DotMom61
04-27-2007, 09:25 AM
I must have Knitty radar, 'cause I just popped on there out of the blue, and voila, there were the surprises!! And Yes, ARIETTA (http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring07/PATTarietta.html)!!! OMG!! It's beautiful.

The nice thing about it is that the patterning is done as Mosaic knitting, meaning that the colorwork is achieved by slipping stitches so there's no stranding on the back of the fabric like there is w/ Fair Isle.

OK ... off to put the yarn for Arietta in My Stash @ Knitpicks. :cheering:

Kirochka
04-27-2007, 09:32 AM
I really love the Stefanie Japel cardigan (http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring07/PATTleaf.html) - I looked through Fitted Knits the other day and was actually disappointed in most of the patterns, which I wasn't expecting, considering how much I love the (still-to-be-made) knitted bodice from Glampyre, but this one I do love... another for the Someday List...

DotMom61
04-27-2007, 09:40 AM
Uh, I just looked at the other surprises, and they KNIT an umbrella? :hmm: Weird. It would probably weigh 50 pounds if it got wet.

suzeeq
04-27-2007, 09:46 AM
It's a parasol - a sunshade to keep the sun off, rather than to keep the rain off.

sue

DotMom61
04-27-2007, 10:09 AM
Oh, good! Whew! :teehee: I didn't bother to read it, I just looked at the pictures :teehee:

bailsmom
04-27-2007, 10:15 AM
It's a parasol - a sunshade to keep the sun off, rather than to keep the rain off.

sue

Is that not brilliant??!!! I would never in a million years (or two million years) have ever thought to make a parasol out of yarn.

I tell you, some peoples imaginations amaze me.

Plus it very pretty. Genius. :notworthy: :notworthy:

DotMom61
04-27-2007, 10:40 AM

sue

Is that not brilliant??!!! I would never in a million years (or two million years) have ever thought to make a parasol out of yarn.

Have you seen the book AlterKnits by Leigh Radford?? It has some *very* original projects in it. I did a book review on it here (http://dotmom61.blogspot.com/2005/11/book-review-alterknits-by-leigh.html).

carmabelle1191
04-27-2007, 11:02 AM
So far I've just looked at the pictures, but everything looks good to me. :happydance:
Now I'll go back and read the stuff. :teehee:

bailsmom
04-27-2007, 11:20 AM

sue

Have you seen the book AlterKnits by Leigh Radford?? It has some *very* original projects in it. I did a book review on it here (http://dotmom61.blogspot.com/2005/11/book-review-alterknits-by-leigh.html).

No I haven't but now you have me intrigued. I will have to check this out next time I'm at the bookstore.

Thanks!

dreamsherl
04-27-2007, 01:13 PM
I love the sweater patterns. I know that I'll try the Vanilla Spice (it comes in my size so I don't have to resize it). The Arietta looks challenging but I may try it also.

Stiney
04-27-2007, 01:23 PM
I love the parasola as far as prettiness goes, but my initial reaction was the same as Julie's. :rofl:

It says in there that she wrote a pattern for the Knitty calendar to make an umbrella out of plastic bags. That's a good one for the Go Greener thread!

RiverDaughter
04-27-2007, 02:22 PM
Wow, that parasol is beautiful! I may not mind the rain, but I can't stand the sun. Definite must as my next project. :cheering:

bobi1218
04-27-2007, 02:42 PM
I :heart: Vanilla Spice! Maybe someday I'll get to it... :)

The parasol is beautiful too, what a unique idea!

Ingrid
04-27-2007, 04:16 PM
I like both those sweaters!! :cheering:

DotMom61
04-27-2007, 05:17 PM
Ingy ... Will you hold my figurative hand when I'm ready to do Arietta? :pray:

DianaM
04-27-2007, 05:23 PM
:?? :?? :?? :?? What's the knitty suprise?

Is the new Knitty up? I've been checking the site for a while and all I can see is the Spring issue :shrug: :shrug:

kristinw
04-27-2007, 05:37 PM

Is the new Knitty up? I've been checking the site for a while and all I can see is the Spring issue :shrug: :shrug:

When you go to patterns (on the Spring knitty), the last ones listed are the new ones.

kristinw
04-27-2007, 05:39 PM

ditto this! I feel like I should buy the yarn now so they don't run out. I love that it is KP yarn and is so affordable :happydance: :happydance:

DianaM
04-27-2007, 06:02 PM

When you go to patterns (on the Spring knitty), the last ones listed are the new ones.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
Boy am I observant or what?! :roflhard:

Thank you! :hug:

Ingrid
04-27-2007, 06:51 PM

It might be difficult to knit while holding hands, but I guess if my figurative hand holds your figurative hand, we'll be good to go!

It just occurred to me that I have some Baby Cashmerino that just might be poifect for this. :happydance:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-27-2007, 07:27 PM
ack. not impressed. :shrug:

DotMom61
04-27-2007, 09:45 PM
It might be difficult to knit while holding hands, but I guess if my figurative hand holds your figurative hand, we'll be good to go!

'xactly what *I* was thinkin' :thinking: