PDA

View Full Version : I got the options set today.....woohoo!!

arrosa
05-01-2007, 01:44 AM
I can't wait to try them out, but first I need to organize them. Can you help me?

How do you have them organized? Do you have labels on the sleeves? What needles to you have together? I need ideas, please help me....I'm such a disorganized person :( Give me details. Help me get them started right....I only have the set right now, but hope to add some more later on....

Woohoo!!! I can't wait to try my pretty new toys :happydance:

THANK YOU!!!

Quiltlady
05-01-2007, 04:33 AM
I wonder if they have any future plans to better organize the set? :shrug: Seems to be a big seller inspite of the disorganization of them. Sounds like they can only make it better if they improve the storage.

I have the Denise Set and I love them and they are SO organized in their case. :cheering:

MMK
05-01-2007, 05:28 AM
I wrote sizes on the plastic sleeves with a permanent marker and made sure to order a new needle gauge from Nancy's Knit Knacks, one with a whole lot more holes than the one I bought at Michael's. I keep it in there also. It's not the greatest storage case ever, but it works okay for me.

quiltbugj
05-01-2007, 07:44 AM
I wrote the size in pen on the plastic sleeve also. I also bought a plastic needle gauge. The metals ones are more likely to scratch the needles.

Mommy22alyns
05-01-2007, 10:29 AM
I found that there were enough sleeves to put each size in its own pocket, and I even ordered 13s and 15s to go with it. :shrug: I cut out the little numbers and slipped them in the pockets with the needles. I also organized them smallest to biggest in pockets and in the binder. I have a metal gauge, but I didn't even think about that scratching the needles. :oops:

What else are you guys putting in the plastic sleeves?

auburnchick
05-01-2007, 11:24 AM
Some of my bigger dpns don't fit in my sleeves, so I haven't figured out what to do with them. But I do use the sleeves to store my cables and the shorter dpns and interchangeables. I ordered a few extra sleeves to hold everything a bit better.

The one thing I'm finding is that the more Options I collect, the harder time I'm having zipping up the case. Maybe I should stop buying??? :teehee:

dakatzmeow
05-01-2007, 12:02 PM
*thud* stop buying? what are these words you say? :roflhard:

do you have the binder to help you out? if not, you could use ziploc bags. some have even gone so far as to 3 hole punch them, reinforce the holes with the little white plastic stickers, and tuck them in a binder. one really crafty one made tags from scrapbooking paper to make the bags a little less floppy. she wrote sizes, etc. on the paper and you can see through the bag to read the label on what size you have inside.

all that being said, i am NOT an organized person and i use the binder the best i can, including tucking some of my circs that are NOT part of the interchangable set inside the front pocket. i WILL be ordering more of the pockets eventually, just not right now. i might even try the ziploc idea to go in the binder, if i can find a good way to punch holes. my 3 hole punch is not so enthusiastic about punching ziploc bags. too slippery. :verysad:

Michele
05-01-2007, 02:29 PM
I haven't printed them but [url=http://fearlessknitting101.com/node/243]this site has some ready made labels for the options case.

hydeemarie
05-01-2007, 05:50 PM
I wonder if they have any future plans to better organize the set? :shrug: Seems to be a big seller inspite of the disorganization of them. Sounds like they can only make it better if they improve the storage.

I have the Denise Set and I love them and they are SO organized in their case. :cheering:
ARe the denise set marked with the lengths of the cabels? I just ordered some and am curious.

Yarn Doc
05-01-2007, 05:59 PM
I bought a bunch of extra plastic cases, and used my labeller machine to print out sizes of the needles and cables, etc. I also keep a metal sizer in the front pocket. NEver had a problem with scratching (fingers crossed). I also bought those little round discs with the needle size printed on them and stuck each one in its respective pocket. I wouldn't buy those though, I haven't used them once.

losnana
05-01-2007, 09:07 PM
Ibought the little round disks too. I've never used them either.

misstialouise
05-02-2007, 03:51 AM
I put the corresponding needle size disk in the pouch with the needles.

:D

LURVE my Options :D

Mommy22alyns
05-02-2007, 10:50 AM
I haven't printed them but [url=http://fearlessknitting101.com/node/243]this site has some ready made labels for the options case.

Wow, those are nice looking labels! I think I'll print 'em out. Thanks for the link!

arrosa
05-03-2007, 12:49 AM
thanks for all the ideas!! hopefully, i will organize them well, and then KEEP them organized :??