PDA

View Full Version : who's made socks in KP Parade? help!

boyforpele13
05-01-2007, 10:20 PM
i have started the cutest socks out of KP Parade and i'm like 4 inches into the first one and went to look for something and was reminded each ball is only 137 yards and i've only 2 balls and it's discontinued. so those of you that made socks in it, what size were they, what size needles, and how many balls please? i have some red that coordinates so i could rip and do the toe and heel in red, but i'm not wanting to rip if i don't have to. it's toe up so i could just stop when i run out but i'm afraid i'm not going to make it to the cuff!!!

thanks! :)

CateKnits
05-02-2007, 12:24 AM
I made a pair for myself with a three-ish inch cuff with exactly one ball. I have size 6 feet, though. :teehee:

cheesiesmom
05-02-2007, 08:59 AM
I think someone had pointed out in another post that parade is either DK or sport weight and doesn't need as much to get a pair as fingering/sock weight. I did use it previously and panicked and bought an extra skein when it was available. It wasn't necessary 2 skeins were enough for a women's medium (7-8) sock with a 6" cuff on size 3 US dpns.

I think that 2 skeins should be enough for regular socks 'cuz I have 6 skeins hanging around that I bought using the knitpicks yarn guide.

boyforpele13
05-02-2007, 05:56 PM
great, thanks! I will keep on trucking then, i'm glad. i am going to do the heel in red just to be on the safe side, but i think that will be cute anyway. :)