PDA

View Full Version : engraving Options

momwolf
05-02-2007, 07:14 AM
I was thinking that maybe I could take the few Options I have and see if I could find someone to engrave the sizes on the needles for me.Wouldn't you think if I had it done small enough the yarn wouldn't snag on it? Just thought I'd ask your opions before I decide to do it or not.

misstialouise
05-02-2007, 07:32 AM
TBH.. I totally wouldn't... they're so smooth and slick, any little inconsistancy (not to mention, they're quite a thin material), could jeopardise the integrity of the needle...

Limey
05-02-2007, 08:07 AM
Hi Momwolf

It's a good idea to get some kind of indentification on them - maybe the best thing to do would to take them to a jeweller and ask their advice. It can do no harm, asking about them. Wowsers! are they really sooooo thin?

All the Best

Limey

"All this time their knitting goes on with unremitting speed. They sit rocking to and fo like so many weird wizards. They burn no candle, but knit by the light of the peat fire."

The Rural Life of England, William Howitt, 1844 - No change there, then.

Stonington
05-02-2007, 08:30 AM
I was thinking that maybe I could take the few Options I have and see if I could find someone to engrave the sizes on the needles for me.Wouldn't you think if I had it done small enough the yarn wouldn't snag on it? Just thought I'd ask your opions before I decide to do it or not.

Julie,
I use to work for a pewter company in New Hampshire and we engraved some very delicate items and then they were buffed very smooth. A jeweler would be able to tell you if it is possible to do with Options. If you enquire could you let us know? Thanks! anne