PDA

View Full Version : I'm SO TIRED of these sleeves.....

Chrissie
05-02-2007, 09:39 PM
I'm doing the Ribby Cardi, which has long raglan sleeves entirely in 2x2 rib. I'm knitting them at the same time, which is making them seem even more interminable. I finally finished the last increase sections and am ready to start the sleeve caps, but the end seems so far away!! At least I get to start decreasing now.... :grrr: :teehee: Sorry....just a little rant.

knitwit628
05-02-2007, 09:43 PM
Awww dont worry we understand... :hug: sometimes it takes FOREVER to finish something. But all you can do is think of the end result and work towards it! That's all we can do! :muah:

lauraknits
05-02-2007, 10:09 PM
Sleeeeves always take FOREVER!

Why is that? :shrug:

I guess they are more square footage than you would think, but that doesn't even explain it. It's like a sleeve black hole.

Ingrid
05-02-2007, 10:16 PM
If I can, I try to get the sleeves done first, or I'd have a lot more 'vests.'

They are so much bigger than we think. :!!!:

I figure if I do the :!!!: sleeves first, then I will make the other parts of the sweater or all that :!!!: ing will have been for nothing. :teehee:

You're not alone. :hug:

Chrissie
05-03-2007, 10:00 AM
The only thing getting me through is the pile of cardigan pieces waiting patiently for their sleeves....and another sweater I want to start that takes the needles I'm using on this one.

mwedzi
05-03-2007, 10:32 AM
I hate sleeves! :!!!: I'm so glad warmer weather is coming so I don't have to knit them anymore. I have a WIP that I have been working on forever because of the sleeves. Truly I knit 1 1/2 and decided that they were too big and ripped BOTH of them and now I'm just 1/2 way through one sleeve and I think this project might be going on vacation for a few months.

GinnyG
05-03-2007, 10:37 AM
I hate sleeves too so I feel your pain. Currently I am working on the sleeves for my Wallaby. I finished one, had a terrible time with it. I couldn't get it to fit and couldn't understand WHY. After it was completed I went to cast on for the second and realized I had used the YOUTH directions instead of the ADULT DUHHHHHHHHHHHH!

frog frog frog...................

ecb
05-03-2007, 09:45 PM
If I can, I try to get the sleeves done first, or I'd have a lot more 'vests.'

I figure if I do the :!!!: sleeves first, then I will make the other parts of the sweater or all that :!!!: ing will have been for nothing. :teehee:

You're not alone. :hug:

I TOTALLY agree with Ingrid :clink:
I JUST finished the sleeves to my sweater, I did them at the same time on a Circ needle for most of the length, then just finished by counting the rows to be sure the length stayed equal on both
it took me 2 days while I was home with a sick kid (so almost constant knitting) :X:
THEN I found out it was tooshort by about an inch and a half, :frog: SOOoo I had to frog back to a safety line, and ADD 2.5" and then finish the cuff :frog:

now I M working on the body, and I M gonna just knit till I have about 24 yards left and make the bottom cuff and be done with it :happydance:

ecb