PDA

View Full Version : Ravelry.com?

Friskums
05-03-2007, 05:24 PM
Anyone have an invite to hand out for this (https://www.ravelry.com/account/login)? They're still in beta, but I would looooooove to be able to check it out.
Ysolda (http://www.ysolda.me.uk/wordpress/index.php/archives/2007/05/03/ravelling-and-tinkering/) wrote a nice little review of it.

Sounds like something that could be really useful!

remclave
05-03-2007, 06:05 PM
:muah: Totally Kewl! I signed up to be a beta tester. Let's see what happens. :D

Friskums
05-03-2007, 06:09 PM
I signed up too. Hopefully I'll hear from them soon. :pray:

Friskums
05-07-2007, 07:10 PM
I'm #999 in line. :waah: :waah:

:teehee: :teehee:

BostonBecca
05-07-2007, 07:51 PM
I'm on the list already to be a beta tester.

remclave
05-07-2007, 07:57 PM
:waah: I haven't even been contacted!

Friskums
05-07-2007, 08:01 PM
I had emailed making a suggestion to the site and he emailed me back and let me know what number in line I was.

brendajos
05-07-2007, 09:38 PM
:teehee: ooops! :teehee:

3. Why is this site not open to everyone? Are you being snobby or what?
We are inviting people in bits and pieces- not because we want it to be exclusive but because we only have one Casey code monkey to keep up with updates and bugs! We are still building the site and do not want it to blow up on you guys. So please do not post about Ravelry on your blog for the time being... we do not want to come off as non-inclusive if the site gets out to the general community before we are ready. We will be opening the site up to the public in May.

Friskums
05-07-2007, 11:21 PM
I read that too, but after I read on one of the blogs that it was ok to post about it.

(Plus, both the creators posted about it on their blogs.)

I felt really bad until I saw it was ok. :teehee:

brendajos
05-08-2007, 12:01 AM
I read that too, but after I read on one of the blogs that it was ok to post about it.

(Plus, both the creators posted about it on their blogs.)

I felt really bad until I saw it was ok. :teehee:

lol i really didn't think it mattered all that much...it just made me chuckle thinking about how easily this group could crash a site if we stampeded! :rofl:

Vendie
05-08-2007, 10:01 AM
I got an invite a few days ago and spent hours on Saturday night loading up my projects and stash and stuff. It's a really great site, so I hope you all get your invites soon. It's really amazing how they put this together to work with Flickr and rss feeds and soon bloglines. It's so much fun and a great way to keep track of what you're working on and what you'd like to knit in the future. No more "um, when did I start this project?" for me!

Friskums
05-08-2007, 10:37 AM
:biting: :pout: :biting: (<--jealous)

:teehee: :teehee:

earthchick
05-08-2007, 10:37 AM
I somehow got in as a beta tester on Wednesday before the long queue for invites happened (I think it's well over a couple thousand waiting by now). I did not get invites with my own membership - I think anyone can ask to be invited at this point, it's just a matter of getting everyone in. With only two people managing the site (and still working out bugs), it's a lot of invites to handle.

Like Vendie, I have been spending sooo much time getting all my stuff loaded and cataloged. It's going to be an amazing resource, especially as more and more people upload their projects!

Friskums
05-08-2007, 10:43 AM
Yeah, as far as I can tell, at first they only had a few people in it and those people had invites to give out when they went 'public'. But now, yeah, you can just sign up to be on the waiting list for an invite.

So, it really isn't a matter of 'if' you'll get one, just 'when'.

Too bad they don't have a counter on the front page or something. "Now serving number 500billion." :rofl: :rofl:

mulene
05-08-2007, 10:51 AM
wow that looks great! What a great way to keep track of one's stuff.

jeanius80
05-08-2007, 11:20 AM
this site looks very cool! i can't wait for it to be up and running! so useful!

CarmenIbanez
05-08-2007, 11:24 AM
Is it going to cost money?

brendajos
05-08-2007, 11:28 AM
their FAQs say no

CarmenIbanez
05-08-2007, 12:27 PM
Huh. Cool!

DianaM
06-04-2007, 05:09 PM
I just received an invite for it. This is what's in my account so far:

http://www.ravelry.com/people/DianaM

Friskums
06-04-2007, 06:59 PM
Man... I can't wait to get in.

letah75
06-04-2007, 07:17 PM
I just received an invite for it. This is what's in my account so far:

http://www.ravelry.com/people/DianaM

Dang it, I can't see it, it just redirects to the log in page.

rebecca
06-04-2007, 08:05 PM
How long ago did ya'll sign up to be beta testers, those of you who have just been approved?! I signed up a few weeks ago, so I hope to be hearing soon!

DianaM
06-04-2007, 08:29 PM
Dang it, I can't see it, it just redirects to the log in page.

Rats........:grrr::waah:

They probably have it set so only members can see 'em.

I signed up as a beta tester shortly after this thread started.

cathoo
06-04-2007, 08:35 PM
So, someday you'll have invites, and you'll invite all of us, right? :teehee:

DianaM
06-04-2007, 09:56 PM
So, someday you'll have invites, and you'll invite all of us, right? :teehee:

Members get invites? I didn't know that :shock:

Friskums
06-04-2007, 09:59 PM
I just got mine today!

I signed up to be a beta tester a few minutes before starting this thread when I did.

So, I'm betting if you signed up shortly after this thread you'll be getting one real soon. :thumbsup:

Doodknitwit
06-04-2007, 10:07 PM
:woohoo:i just signed up!!:yay:

cathoo
06-05-2007, 06:01 AM
Members get invites? I didn't know that :shock:
From what I've read online, they were giving away invites to current members. I think that may have changed when they got flooded with interest.

lindakh
06-05-2007, 09:59 AM
I signed up right after reading this post, so I hope I get an invite soon! All of the podcasters have been talking about it forever, and I'm ready to try it out!

kemp
06-05-2007, 12:46 PM
Hmmmm...I've been signed up forever and no invite yet. There is a really nice letter on their site though. Apparently there has been a deluge of emails to them with people complaining...too bad, really. They're working so hard. No more invites for members now that they have so much interest.

amy
06-05-2007, 01:00 PM
Wow, I'm glad to see there's so much interest in a such an interactive community!

I'm glad, because Sheldon has similar plans for KH! :cheering:...We're merely waiting for the software to become available so we can do exactly this kind of thing here at KH! :thumbsup: The Beta software is supposed to be released this month, so we may be playing with some of the features as soon as July!

Features we plan to include by the end of the Fall: blogs, social networking, video and image uploading, galleries, project/stash tracking...the nice thing about these features is that they will be INTEGRATED with our forum. Imagine having a real blog here, where members can post comments, and their forum avatars show up with their comments...that kind of thing.

It should be pretty darn cool. :happydance:Sheldon says his plan is to have some features up by the Fall, and integrate the rest of the features over the course of the Fall. (He'll have to do a lot of customization, so it will take time.)

Sanibelle
06-05-2007, 03:22 PM
WOW Amy - Who needs Revelry!!!!

DianaM
06-05-2007, 03:55 PM
Amy.....WOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

PaperGirl
06-05-2007, 04:14 PM
I signed up with Ravelry last month, but no invite...but with Amys post...I may not even care if I get the invite! :woot: