PDA

View Full Version : Buying yarn online

KnittingNora
05-04-2007, 01:54 AM
Could I have some recommendations for buying yarn online please? Here in Singapore there isn't that much choice.. and when I do find a nice yarn and run out mid-project, find I can't buy anymore :pout:
Thank you :happydance:

zkimom
05-04-2007, 07:05 AM
One of the best ways is to simply click on some of the advertisers that appear on this site. I believe that our dear Amy benefits from this if you enter through KnittingHelp.com.

I don't know if all of her advertisers ship outside of the US but that would be a place to start.

Hope this helps!

Susan

samm
05-04-2007, 05:54 PM
Hi there! I've purchased yarn through www.discontinuedbrandnameyarn.com, and it arrived quickly and was very good quality. There are lots of places like Ramwools and Knitpicks that people here use. I'd suggest, as the other writer did, that you try the ones that you see ads for at this site. They are probably very reliable. samm who wishes you good luck!

knitwit88
05-04-2007, 06:40 PM
I don't know any specific websites, but try ebay. *only buy yarn from smoke-free environments*

brokenblossoms
05-04-2007, 06:45 PM
colourmart.com - very nice cashmere
knitpicks.com
elann.com (I actually have never ordered anything from them, but a lot of people do and they have amazing prices!)
eBay seller yarntreehouse is who I get the tiny laceweight yarns from to make my Blythe doll sweaters. :)

KnittingNora
05-04-2007, 08:43 PM
Thanks for all your tips.
I have just made my first ebay purchase :happydance: :happydance: I won the auction, and have got the exact wool I wanted for a steal!!! I am really pleased!! I would never have thought of ebay for wool :notworthy:

Mommy22alyns
05-04-2007, 09:00 PM
One of the best ways is to simply click on some of the advertisers that appear on this site. I believe that our dear Amy benefits from this if you enter through KnittingHelp.com.

On this: Do we have to wait for the banner ads to pop up or is there a compilation of the "benefits KH" links?