PDA

View Full Version : IF....

hydeemarie
05-05-2007, 06:36 PM
If you ordered a Denise Interchangable set and you ended up not liking it right? You only used it once... and you wanted to sell it. You bought it brand new for $60. What would you ask for it(Reasonably!)??

Braden
05-05-2007, 06:42 PM
If there were no damages, and it wasn't a faulty set, I would sell it for what you bought it for, or maybe $5 less, either one.

KnitClickChick
05-05-2007, 06:45 PM
I think, if it was only used once, there is no damage... you may be able to sell it for the whole amount. It's worth a try!

hydeemarie
05-05-2007, 06:49 PM
yeah. I have to ask for like a check or money order... will people do that?

Braden
05-05-2007, 06:50 PM
I know people will probably pay by check.

brendajos
05-05-2007, 06:55 PM
to be honest i would never pay that price unless MAYBE if it included shipping (but still probably not.) I have never seen them before for more than about $45. Too easy to find for a lower price. I understand why you would sell them at price, I'm just sayin'. :shrug:

hydeemarie
05-05-2007, 06:58 PM
to be honest i would never pay that price unless MAYBE if it included shipping (but still probably not.) I have never seen them before for more than about $45. Too easy to find for a lower price. I understand why you would sell them at price, I'm just sayin'. :shrug:
Well they are brand new... the only thing i knit with them was a hat...

brendajos
05-05-2007, 07:02 PM
Believe me I understand... even at not brand new as long as they are in good condition I don't think that they are worth less than their retail price. The problem is that retail price is about $45-$50 unless you have the pink ones or extra pieces. If you are going to do it, I would say maybe on Ebay where you might find someone who doesn't know that they can find them cheaper elsewhere?

hydeemarie
05-05-2007, 07:08 PM
Believe me I understand... even at not brand new as long as they are in good condition I don't think that they are worth less than their retail price. The problem is that retail price is about $45-$50 unless you have the pink ones or extra pieces. If you are going to do it, I would say maybe on Ebay where you might find someone who doesn't know that they can find them cheaper elsewhere?
I do infact have the Pink set.

brendajos
05-05-2007, 07:10 PM
well that makes all the difference then. I must have missed that before. i would buy them at that price then! :D

redwitch
05-05-2007, 08:37 PM
The point is, that despite barely being used, they are less valuable, like a car with 50km on the odometer.That car is not likely to break down as a result of having been driven. It's fine. But worth less. Let's say the needles are worth $60 and sell for 60. I decide that I want to buy a set for myself. I can buy them for 60 (from wherever you did). Do I buy secondhand from a stranger who says they were only used once, or do I choose a brand new pair from the company? At the same price there's little advantage, your only hope is to provide better service: like allowing the buyer to look and touch them before purchase, etc. Unless you can find someone who doesn't know they're paying too much.
It might be easier though to sell them for 5-10 less.
Sarah

GinnyG
05-05-2007, 08:59 PM
The only problem I see with asking so much is why would someone pay almost full price for something that is esentially "used", even if used once. You would have a better chance of selling them is you knocked something off the price.

aineepooh1
05-06-2007, 12:55 AM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news also but I would sell for them less if you really wanted to sell them
OR:
go the buy/swap/exchange forum on this board and see what you could trade for it instead~! :cheering:

Ellen Edwards
05-06-2007, 01:57 AM
Yep--what she said--but I DO understand your problem!! Since you have the pink set--they DO cost more than the old blue ones, and I think you can probably get more than $45--but I was lucky enough to get a brand new blue set for $30 from a friend I made on KH.com!! So...try the swap thing, or eBay--but I'm thinking you may have to take a cut in price!! Good Luck! :happydance:

GinnyG
05-06-2007, 06:35 AM
Yep--what she said--but I DO understand your problem!! Since you have the pink set--they DO cost more than the old blue ones, and I think you can probably get more than $45--but I was lucky enough to get a brand new blue set for $30 from a friend I made on KH.com!! So...try the swap thing, or eBay--but I'm thinking you may have to take a cut in price!! Good Luck! :happydance:

The pink cost more than the blue because a donation is made to fight breast cancer, in the case of a resale this is not the case so I don't think you could get more than the cost of the blue. As a consumer I don't think I would chose a used set over a new one unless the cost difference was pretty significant.

ArtLady1981
05-08-2007, 02:43 PM
I wouldn't buy it from you for full price because the I would not be the original purchaser...who is qualified for whatever guarantee DENISE may offer.

A secondhand owner can't produce the original sales invoice if she needed to make a claim on the guarantee that DENISE may offer.

If you buy a brand new 2007 car, drive it off the lot...go around the block...you can't re-sell it to a new owner for the full price. Just life, eh? :pout:

IMHO: keep your DENISE set...you will use it for many things...even if you don't use it for your everyday knitting. I have a set...found that I didn't like it much for everyday knitting...and have since graduated to Knitpicks OPTIONS. When going on vacation, I always take my OPTIONS and my DENISE set...they always both come in handy some way or another!

Abbily
05-08-2007, 03:02 PM
Sorry, but I'm in the 'knock down the price' camp too. If my choices are to pay essentially full price for a set from an individual, or pay full price for a set brand new from a store, I'm going to choose brand new from a store. Especially since, as someone else pointed out, the extra cost of the pink ones is in the donation- which as a potential ebay buyer or something like that, I would assume you're not planning on making that donation.

I do see your point, I'm just giving you my honest opinion. :)

hellokitty165
05-08-2007, 03:32 PM
well...most who buy would want stuff the lowest price as possible... that is why i stop selling stuff for a while...cos' they want it almost for free... it sad...when i buy i would pay what i think it right just like your set i would never ask you "would you take $25 for it" it robbery... i would pay $55 if i am serious buyer and not fooling you around...

worst is the person who showed interested and then disappeared ...some nerves they got... if you change your mind let the person knows...it basic courteousy ! that all my 2 cents...