PDA

View Full Version : KnitPicks Podcast Is Out!

Braden
05-05-2007, 06:49 PM
Kelley currently has two episodes so far, and they are really interesting. I would check them out!

cathoo
05-06-2007, 01:51 PM
Sweet! I've been waiting for those!
Now if only I had a better MP3 player for the car...

Braden
05-06-2007, 02:25 PM
You don't need an MP3 player, you can listen to it on Windows Media.

MrsJSD
06-02-2007, 11:22 AM
I have subscribed to the podcast and I do enjoy it. I get it through iTunes and from there it goes directly into my iPod.

The tone is conversational and the content is a mixture of personal commentary and technical information (e.g., one episode was all about different types of wool fibers: sheep source, length, crimp, etc.) She reviews books as well; the last episode included her descriptions and evaluations of three books on felting. Another episode featured the vice-president of Knitpicks describing her job, which may sound boring but I actually found it extremely interesting. That's probably because I'm a refugee from a career in medicine and the idea of having a job in "Knitting" seems like a sweet idea. They knit all the time at that place, like during staff meetings and such. Wouldn't that be nice?

Braden
06-02-2007, 09:06 PM
You know the one about the different knitting styles, where she says a listener asked her to talk about them, well, that listener was me. Except that she said 'her request" during the podcast, but it was me!