PDA

View Full Version : Totally OT--Kentucky Derby (sorta)

HamaLee
05-05-2007, 08:49 PM
I don't follow horses or racing, but since it's the first Saturday in May...I happened upon a special about Barbaro on tv right now and I'm all sad. :verysad:

Poor horsie...racing 3yr olds on rough ground. The owners, doctors and jockeys are just overcome with emotion in the special. I'm gonna go squeeze my puppy now.

(Maybe I shouldn't have had that last glass of wine.... :teehee: )

bailsmom
05-05-2007, 08:58 PM
Yeah, we watched this afternoon too. I am so heartbroken that Barbaro didn't make it after all he went through to get better. :pout: I know it was meant to be, but that doesn't make it any easier.

I couldn't believe how Street Sense came up from the back and won!! I was pulling for the guy in first place the whole race and then when SS won, I felt bad for the other guy!! I'm strange.

I was just praying the whole time that no one would break a leg! That would have been just awful.

But that guy has been doing it for 20 years so he deserved to win too. :cheering: Yea Street Sense!!!! :cheering: :cheering:

HamaLee
05-05-2007, 09:02 PM
Also, horse names totally crack me up. I love them. I wanted to name my dog in a similarly amusing manner...something like "Major Cooperstein the Third's Pillbox". :roflhard: