View Full Version : does anyone know how to do this??

05-06-2007, 05:55 AM
does hav a pattern for this shrug??pls help.anything similar to this shrug would do..=) thanks in advance..




05-06-2007, 09:48 AM
This is a basic top down raglan with no front panels. Then after the sleeves and back are separated, stitches are picked up along the front edges of the sleeves, joined with the back stitches and done in ribbing for several inches. Novel idea.

For a topdown raglan pattern generator, go here - http://www.knittingfool.com/pages/topdown.cfm to get an idea how many stitches you would need. I think there's another one available for a cardigan, and you would not CO any stitches for the fronts and just work on the stitches for the back and sleeves.


05-06-2007, 09:34 PM
That particular one is called the Two-Tone Ribbed Shrug, and the pattern is in "Fitted Knits" by Stefanie Japel. The book is fairly new, but you might check your library for it. :D