PDA

View Full Version : Peacock shawl ...

hellokitty165
05-06-2007, 12:28 PM
Who had knitted this item and was it easy ? Thanks

Calamintha
05-06-2007, 05:36 PM
I haven't knitted it but I see you haven't gotten any responses so far. I spend a lot of time on lace knitting lists and I can tell you that it seems to be fairly popular as a project for new lace knitters.

The only problems that I have seen discussed have to do with the fact that if you use stitch markers between repeats there are some places where you have to move them around. Some people solve this problem by just not using stitch markers between the repeats. I have used other Fiddlesticks patterns and on the whole they tend to be very clear and thorough.

hellokitty165
05-06-2007, 09:31 PM
I haven't knitted it but I see you haven't gotten any responses so far. I spend a lot of time on lace knitting lists and I can tell you that it seems to be fairly popular as a project for new lace knitters.

The only problems that I have seen discussed have to do with the fact that if you use stitch markers between repeats there are some places where you have to move them around. Some people solve this problem by just not using stitch markers between the repeats. I have used other Fiddlesticks patterns and on the whole they tend to be very clear and thorough.

it sunday everyone is hibernating with their families... :rofl: ...so sweet for you to response though... thank you so much for the information ... :hug:

Jax3303
05-06-2007, 11:45 PM
I made the Peacock feathers shawl last year. It was fairly simple, but required a lot of attention...like all large lace projects do. It was my first knit lace shawl & my second knit lace project (first was knitty's branching out). You can see a pic of mine HERE (http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d164/AnjaKnits/pfsblocked6.jpg)

nadja la claire
05-07-2007, 08:06 AM
I made the Peacock feathers shawl last year. It was fairly simple, but required a lot of attention...like all large lace projects do. It was my first knit lace shawl & my second knit lace project (first was knitty's branching out). You can see a pic of mine HERE (http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d164/AnjaKnits/pfsblocked6.jpg)

1st: Hi Jasmine :waving: How are you doing? Are you in NYC yet?

2nd: Jax that's beautiful. What yarn did you use?

3rd: Where'd you guys get the pattern?

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

Jax3303
05-07-2007, 08:14 AM
nadja- thank you! I used JaggerSpun Zephyr Wool Silk in Charcoal. it's a 50% merino wool, 50% silk blend. VERRY yummy, soft and wonderful yarn. It's my favorite laceweight yarn. It has wonderful drape and a beautiful sheen to it. I bought the pattern HERE (http://www.fiddlesticksknitting.com/)

hellokitty165
05-07-2007, 08:18 AM

1st: Hi Jasmine :waving: How are you doing? Are you in NYC yet?

2nd: Jax that's beautiful. What yarn did you use?

3rd: Where'd you guys get the pattern?

Nadja xxx

Hi Nadja !

I am doing great ! how is your trip to ...was it virginia ???? i cannot remember sorrie...i will be in NYC around 2nd of June...my DH's god-mum is dying from cancer...she is not eating and drinking or opening her eyes anymore... we are devastated... she is only 60...goosh it hard...

nadja la claire
05-07-2007, 08:45 AM
Jasmine I'm so sorry about your DH's God-mother. Cancer takes such a terrible toll on a family. So many people in my life have been stricken with it (my DGF, DF, DA and now my DH) My thoughts are with you, your DH and his GM. :pray: :hug: :grphug:

Jax, thanks for the link :muah: All those wonderful patterns. They make it very hard to decide.

Nadja xxx

hellokitty165
05-07-2007, 09:05 AM
Jasmine I'm so sorry about your DH's God-mother. Cancer takes such a terrible toll on a family. So many people in my life have been stricken with it (my DGF, DF, DA and now my DH) My thoughts are with you, your DH and his GM. :pray: :hug: :grphug:

Jax, thanks for the link :muah: All those wonderful patterns. They make it very hard to decide.

Nadja xxx

Thank you ... hopefully there is cure one day...