PDA

View Full Version : My first project with DPN's : iPod cover


Ivy
05-07-2007, 03:46 AM
I wanted to learn knitting with double pointed needles, so I started with a simple project: iPod cover, without the hood. It was an interesting experience. I fumbled with the first 2-3 rows, but it was a cake walk after that. I guess my first stitch was not tight enough, so I have a little loose row where the switched over to a new needle.

This was also my first multi-colored project. I shouldn't have mixed both colors and DPN's because there is a hole where I switch colors. I just used the simple method (I don't know what it's called) where I join the new color yarn and go on knitting with it. Probably this method doesn't work for DPN's or I didn't do it properly, I have a wide mouthed hole which is quite annoying. I don't even know how I can fix it. Please give me tips how to fix this.

sara_jayne
05-07-2007, 09:28 AM
Your iPod cover looks great!

As for fixing the hole, I usually close it up when I'm weaving in the ends.