PDA

View Full Version : Fray check (not OT)

cookworm
05-08-2007, 11:44 PM
Does anybody use Fray Check on ends of yarn after they've been woven in for yarns that tend to be rather splitty? For future reference, I didn't know if this was a worthwhile step to take after I've woven in ends of yarn that could be splitty. I use this on fabric that tends to fray and it works great, so I was wondering about the results on woven in yarn ends and if anybody does this as a routine practice.

nuknitter
05-09-2007, 01:27 AM
I've been using Fray Check on making some tassels pretty recently, and it seems to dry kinda stiff. I'm wondering if using it on yarn would make it feel scratchy to the wearer? Also, it might look a bit different if the yarn end poked to the front....

Anyone else??

Denise in Michigan
05-09-2007, 03:51 PM
I have to agree with Nuknitter that Fray Check would probably make the ends scratchy, at least until after a few washings. I've used Fray Check (a great product, by the way) for preventing unraveling on cross stitch and embroidery. I've also used it to help reinforce darned areas in clothing, and it is scratchy if used in a sensitive area.