PDA

View Full Version : OT - Thong Betulas

kitkat
05-11-2007, 11:50 AM
Has anyone tried these? I love my birks and betulas - and I crave the hot pink ones on HSN.....but I wonder if they are hard on the toe. I normally do not have problems with flip flops, but I figured i would ask the experts!!!

http://www.hsn.com/cnt/prod/default.aspx?webp_id=3354518&web_id=3354527&ocm=sekw

Suzie

Hildegard_von_Knittin
05-11-2007, 10:14 PM
BUY THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

kitkat
05-12-2007, 09:17 AM
I am at the office - and forgot to check what size I wear (I think 36) - I gotta wait until someone gets up at my house - Cooper won't answer the phone, stupid dog! Kitty won't answer the phone, stupid cat! So I need to wait until 10 am dagnabbit!

ArtLady1981
05-12-2007, 10:38 PM
Birks and Betulas are "test driven" many times over for comfort. Comfort is the main reason folks buy Birks and Betulas! Regardless...HSN has a great return policy. Might pay to give Customer Service a call....and ask about the "comfort factor guarantee".

KnittingNat
05-13-2007, 12:58 PM
The first thing i thought about when i saw this thread is :"Why would virgins wear thongs"? But then i read it and understood i'm just being silly. In Hebrew "betula" is a virgin. Do you have Teva Naot shoes over there? I know they mostly export out of Israel. They are the best! Durable (and i'm talking about 3-6 years, depends on the attention you give them), comfortable. Simply great! I'm getting a pair for birthday :cheering:

kitkat
05-13-2007, 07:15 PM
How funny! I wonder if they knew that is what betula meant?

I did order them - I have loved my other birks/betulas!

Krautie
05-14-2007, 04:43 AM
These shoes are great - you will love them! I've bought my first pair more than 15 years ago and there is no summer without Birkis :D

By the way, Birkenstock is a german company and Birkenstock is the founders's surname. It means birch-stick or birch-rod.

Betula is the botanical name for the birch tree and has in this case nothing to do with a hebrew virgin :lol:

kitkat
05-14-2007, 03:09 PM
Actually, your english is better than many native-english-tongue speakers (such as myself!)

I love my birkies - I bought my first pair at KarStadt in Wiesbaden on the clearance rack. I bought blue leather ones. Probably actually for nursing or something, but I am sold on them! #1 son has the clogs and sandels. #2 son is holding out but its just a matter of time.