PDA

View Full Version : O.T Tell me about your Cats.

Nobones
05-13-2007, 03:27 PM
We seem to be a bunch of cat lovers here so, tell me about your cats/kittens.
Happy, sad, mad let them flow.

My cat's name is Buffy (after the vampire slayer!). She's 18 months old and likes moths! I wonder what she gets up to when she goes out because she always come back dirty. She also talks more than any other cat we had. She likes it when I knit, she snuggles up to the yarn and purrs.

hydeemarie
05-13-2007, 03:36 PM
I have a black & white cat no more appropriatly named Miss Kitty. She is a total and complete bee-otch!!!! :teehee:

knitwit628
05-13-2007, 03:38 PM
My cat is 12 years old and her name is Tinkerbell but we call her Tinky. :) She came into our family because she was a stray that was living on the street and one day, my brother gave her some milk. After that, we couldn't get rid of her and decided to keep her. The vet guessed that she was around 2 years old when my parents and siblings found her. (I was really young at that time so I cant remember anything... This is just what my parents have told me.) We think she was abused before we brought her into our family, since she is usually terrified of humans she doesn't know. I :heart: Tinky. She purs constantly all the time... usually for no reason at all! She is a Persian/Himalayan with a long fur coat and blue eyes. She gets along really well with our 13 year old beagle. Well, thats pretty much it! hehe BTW-- Buffy is a cute name for a cat :D

Chel
05-13-2007, 03:52 PM
My cats are my kids, so to say i adore them is an understatment.

Sydney Sebastian is an orange tabby who meows loudly and has conversations. As long as you meow in response he will continue to "talk" to you.
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h82/wanderlustdream/a9492f8d.jpg

Sadie Sophia is the princess. She is the most lovable softest kitty ever.
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h82/wanderlustdream/7d8086e4.jpg
Darby Olivia Gray is the baby. She is really shy and not exactly loving. Her meow is great though. It barely squeaks out.

knitwit628
05-13-2007, 04:05 PM
aww i love your cats!!!! they are soo cute! :hug:

HamburgKnitter
05-13-2007, 04:11 PM
:heart: I love my cats! :heart:

Here they are, Henry and Jasmine. As you can see, they love each other:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/JeannetteG/HPIM0579.jpg

Henry is approximately 8. He showed up at our old house as a stray, very sick at the time. He would sit outside our bedroom window at night and cough and he was almost bald. He was pretty wild, so it took awhile for us to catch him so we could get him doctored up. He spent three weeks at the clinic of the local no-kill animal shelter, then they let him come back home with us...we hardly recognized the handsome cat they handed over to us! We had to socialize him to get along with our other cats because he was very territorial and agressive. This meant a year and a half of keeping them seperated, consulting a feline psychologist (!), giving him Bach Flowers and "play therapy". He didn't know what playing was and it scared him the first time I tried. :pout: He's now the goofiest cuddliest cat you can imagine.

Jasmine we got a couple of years later from the same animal shelter, she's approximately 6. She was dumped on the street with three kittens. The kittens found homes fast but she just didn't get adopted (probably because she is very reserved towards strangers). We somehow hit it off and I went to visit her several times there before adopting her. She and Henry liked each other from the moment they laid eyes on each other and are now inseperable. She is affectionate towards my husband and I, but pretty much ignores any visitors we have over.

When we moved into this place we had our yard fenced in with a cat-proof fence. Best thing I ever did! The cats have a nice yard to go out in, but I know they can't get out and are safe and happy.

I recently lost my beloved kitty Tristan to Chronic Renal Failure. He was 18, almost 19, and lived with the disease for almost six years. I miss him.

knit-errant
05-13-2007, 04:44 PM
I love my cats like they were my kids.

We got Freyja (black) and Frigga (tortie) from the Humane Society about 4 1/2 years ago; they're litter mates and were so close we didn't want to seperate them. Frigga is a perpetual kitten; always wanting to play and snuggle. Freyja is a lot more reserved and shy, but she's made herself somewhat of the mama cat around our house; if somebody gets sick (including the other cats), she takes care of them. When we first got them from the shelter, Frigga had quite a respiratory infection and was not in good shape. We found Freyja trying to pick her heavier sister up to drag her to the food and water bowls a couple of times before Frigga got better.

The next cat we got is our long-haired tabby, Lucky (my daughter named her; she's the only one without a goddess name, heh!). Her pregnant mother was abandoned when her owners moved, and the maintence guys found her and the kittens about a week later. Some neighbors of ours and my family found homes for all the kitties, but we ended up keeping Lucky (I really regret not keeping her mom as well though :pout: ). She's very sweet and loving, loves to show off for everyone that comes in the house.

Last, we got Luna from the Humane Society a couple of years ago. She's our troublemaker, a little neurotic, and she's deaf too -- which makes it pretty difficult to discipline her sometimes. She really loves my husband, but only tolerates me (and I was the one that convinced him to get her! What a traitor).

DQ
05-13-2007, 04:58 PM
Our cat lives at my mother in laws now. He went to stay there when we moved house and I had my DS (all happened at once!), but my mother in law took to him and loves him so much we didn't have the heart to take him back :( But he's happy so I'm happy! His name is Del-Boy and he's totally black. He's very loving and he talks to me sometimes :heart:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
05-13-2007, 05:03 PM
Yay I love cat talk!!!!

I have 4: Stanley, Cheddar, Fred, and Ginger. Fred and Ginger are siblings, and they loooooove each other. Cheddar is an orange tabby, the king of the house, even though Stanley my first cat. Stanley talks: he says "hello" and "i love you" and is otherwise very whiney... I can't talk to any of the other ones without a pathetic "meoooowwwwwww" from him :teehee: Fred and Ginger are 9 months old, Cheddar is almost 4, and Stanley is somewhere between 5 and 6.

psammeadred
05-13-2007, 05:25 PM
This is Mickey Blue Eyes. He's a probably purebred Siamese who followed my parents home from a walk. I've never had a cat who was so soft. He's very quiet, unlike most Siamese, and he only wants to be petted on his terms, thank you very much. (Usually his "pet-me" time is about 2:00 AM.)

PCwombat
05-13-2007, 05:50 PM
My darling kitty's name is Maddy (short for Madeline.) She's 14 years old; we got her when I was 4. I had wanted an orange cat, hence the name. (From the Madeline books, the little french girl.) She's almost all black except for two white toes on her back paw. We got her from a neighbor who's cat had kittens. She's such a good kitty. She doesn't like to picked up, but she loves being pet.

Kaydee
05-13-2007, 07:34 PM
I have 2 black cats, Jerry and Lucy. Jerry is 12 and a big fatty...when he runs to me his tummy swings back anf forth :teehee:. Lucy is 10, a bit on the small side, and she is a complete attention whore. She will walk up to anyone on the street (they're both outdoor cats), and rub up against their legs. A couple of times people have picked her up and started walking off with her and i had to run out and tell them she's mine! Both of my cats live with my parents in CT though because I can't have them in my apartment in Boston :waah:, my parents take good care of them though.

knitwit88
05-13-2007, 07:53 PM
I actually have 3 cats:

Jerri(Jerald). My almost-5-year old grey mutt that thinks her baby is a doberman beany baby named(oh so creatively) Doby. She sleeps on my old coat every night.

Jesse. My 20 pound, almost 3 yr old siamese mutt cat that wakes my mom up at 5:30 every morning, including weekends.

Jasmine. My 1 yr old black Bombay mix. She is a terror and the sweetest cat in the world at the same time. Is best friends with...

Lucy. OK, Luce isn't actually a cat, she's a ball python. Is best friends with Jasmine. Loves to give mice big hugs(she's a constrictor) Her full name is Mz. Lucille Ball Python, Lucy for short.

Jan in CA
05-13-2007, 08:01 PM
Cute kitties!!

I love cats!

Marshmallow - almost 16 yrs old now
http://purrcat-jan.smugmug.com/photos/2670398-S.jpg
Catnip high...
http://purrcat-jan.smugmug.com/photos/125093104-S.jpg
My daughter's cat - Martini -1yr old
http://purrcat-jan.smugmug.com/photos/101673250-S.jpg

carmabelle1191
05-13-2007, 08:14 PM
I used to have this really great cat named Misty (http://www.flickr.com/photos/36021300@N00/439084134/), and she was MINE. She didn't like anyone else but me and my dad, and she used to sleep on my bed at night, otherwise she would have slept in the basement because she had been peeing. She first started peeing when we got our dog, and we finally had to lock her in the basement. Eventually, though, she got reaslly thin (you could feel all her bones) and wasn't very interested in eating (this is the time when our other cat got fat(ter). Finally, we took her to the vet, they ran some test, and said she had some kidney thing and they prescribed some medicine for her that we had to give her twice a day. When we ran out of medicine, she wasn't doing any better, so I thought we could give her fluids to help her. My dad talked about it with the doctor, but the next day she couldn't walk and had to be put down. The hospital was nice in sending some clay pawprints to us to remember her by.
I also have on other cat named Cashmere (http://www.flickr.com/photos/36021300@N00/440246293/). She only likes my dad and brother, and runs away even when i say her name. I think this is revenge for when I used to call her "Fatso". :teehee:

misha rf
05-13-2007, 08:33 PM
Lovin' all the cat tales & pics :muah:

We've got 8 in our blended family. I had 3--

Pat is the oldest of all of them. She's 13 1/2, a brown tabby & has become a total daddy's girl. I got her as a kitten from someone in lieu of a donation to Greenpeace (I used to canvass).

Nimue (aka Fuzzy or Chunky Monkey) is 8. She's the only longhair (grey with white chin, chest, tummy & paws). My neighbor & I found her & her sister under a pickup truck in a parking lot. They were filthy, starving & covered in fleas. She took one; I took the other. Oh, and she had ringworm too. :ick:

Dusty (Dustmite) is my baby. He's 3 1/2Momma was a Bombay, but daddy was a tabby. He's got white splotches on his chest, "pits," tummy (looks like he's wearing a bikini) and paws. He's also got ghost tabby stripes. He & his sister were rescued (with their mom) from the pound. Mom rejected them; I had rescued a pregnant cat who'd just given birth. She accepted them like they were her own. (Everyone went to lovely homes.)

My husband's contributions:

Gram & Emmylou--they're 9, & brother & sister. He weighs about 36 lbs; she's about 26. Both tabbies (although she's more white than tabby). They get shrimp for dinner every night. Not too spoiled, eh?

Nina--brown tabby girl who's 5. She was placed in a rescue group, and kept getting bounced from homes b/c she poops on the floor. He took her home to get a "break" from being in a cage in the store (note this; it becomes a pattern). Needless to say, she didn't go back. She's gotten sweeter with more space to roam.

Valhalla's 7. Tabby with white, he truly is a sweet boy. He's deaf (polyps & weird goop that was incredibly expensive & time consuming to get rid of). One of the rescuers in the organization where Nina came from needed to place him with someone who could care for him (see ear issues). Have I mentioned the blinking pink neon "SUCKER" sign on my husband's forehead???

Autumn is 4 1/2. She's a bitchy pastel tortie. She was also in rescue, and again, the Husband felt she "needed a break." She adores Valhalla, but persecutes Fuzzy. She can be really sweet, though.

He also had another cat, (yes, one who "needed a break") but sadly, Maxine had to be put to sleep in September. She was a white kitty with tabby splotches & tabby tail. She was a total Daddy's Girl, who'd jump up on his lap when he got home. We miss her.

knitwit628
05-13-2007, 09:04 PM
Jan- Your kitties are so cute!!! My cat looks similar to Marshmallow... but more gray in the face. :)

spectorkitty
05-13-2007, 10:24 PM
Oh kitties!! I love reading about all your cats, and seeing the pictures!

I have three right now, but we used to have 5. There is a very interesting story behind that.

The first one was Poltergeist, I got him from a farm here and he had been kicked by a cow and his eye was all wonky. He was tiny and a mess! My boyfriend was like, "why did you have to get a project cat if you were going to get one?" haha! I took him to the vet and got him medicine and was told by the vet that he was a girl kitty. Ok, he was fluffy, how the heck do I know? I didn't really look. We decide he needed a friend so we got a cat from a friend and named her Ghost. So we had two female cats. Once again, took them both to the vet and was once again told I had two girls. Yay!

Guess how I found out I didn't have two girls? Nature took it's course and of course I noticed it but thought, well that's strange but hey it's nature. I hadn't gotten them fixed yet because they were inside cats and I had both girls and thought I had a bit of time.

So we had kittens, AFTER I took them to a different vet of course.

We gave away two and kept three. So we had Ghost, Poltergeist, Spector, Wraith and Demon.

Poltergeist was let of the house by our landlord on accident and got hit by a car. that was devastating, he was my baby. Then Spector just died, for no apparent reason that I ever figured out. He just collapsed and died. So sad!

So I now have a Demon, a Wraith and a Ghost. I love them all.

My fave pic of the four of them, that bird doesn't know how lucky he is.

http://www.greenmountainaccess.net/~blackmetal/images/Screen%20of%20Life.jpg

[/img]

Hildegard_von_Knittin
05-14-2007, 12:48 AM
I have 4! Stanley, Cheddar, Fred, and Ginger!

Stanley is somewhere between 5 and 6, Cheddar is the orange tabby, he's 4 and Fred and ginger are siblings, 9 months now.

DQ
05-14-2007, 05:09 AM
I want to cuddle all of these kitties!! :heart: :hug: :heart:

wewantmore
05-14-2007, 07:55 AM
Jan I have a Seal Point Mitted Ragdoll too.

Scuttle is 3.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5db11b3127cce91a3547c664600000016108Act3DFy3cMp

:?? not working.

dustinac
05-14-2007, 08:29 AM
:teehee: I have always wanted a Ragdoll.. since High School.. one day I will.. but I do have Mr.Gideon Gus who is the best little cat.. he is very friendly and loves attention from the kids... in the evenings he follows me around and meows till I sit down on the couch so he can curl up beside me... :rofl: he is pretty spoiled...

Here are the photos I took so weeones (http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=5273754) from Etsy could make me some stitch markers.. she did a really good job on them..

marykz
05-14-2007, 08:58 AM
here's tigger- she's about 8.
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/194/497867775_55f406df63_d.jpg

she is a princess- she knocked this cushion off the couch so she could rest her royal tummy upon it. She was best friends with our oldest basset hound Napoleon until he passed away. even though we have 2 more dogs, Tigger is sad and lonely with out Napoleon..... (Josie and Nikki just aren't the same!)

While she has always been only an indoor cat, she's a fabulous mouser. In our old house we were once invaded by a large family of mice and she got them ALL! There was no living with her after that. she was so proud of herself.

Now she sits at my feet all day while I work. she "helps" with my knitting too- she's only interested in the yarn while I'm wiggling it and knitting. Luckily, when it just lays there, she's not interested.

Thanks to everyone for sharing their pictures and stories!!

SimplyKaar
05-14-2007, 09:19 AM
Are you sure you want to ask me that? ;)
As others have said too, my cats are my furkids and I can talk about them forever so I'll try to keep it short...

When I moved from my student dorm room to my own little house, it was obvious to me that I would have a cat as soon as possible.
My both sister in laws knew about that and they each gave me their cat because life for them was less than ideal there.
So, first Willem (now age 9) moved in. He came from a home where also a young Jack Russell lived and the dog had used Willem as a chew toy / something fun to run after. It took over a month before Willem settled in enough to stop hiding under my couch or beds. Now, nearly 2 years on, he is still not comfortable with strangers allthough I still see very slow progress.
He however adores and fully trusts me :heart: and I can do pretty much anything with him.

http://kaar.mekk.com/fotos/Willem6sm.jpg

About a week after Willem, my second cat Sofie moved in. She was kept more or less out of necessity at her old home: they didn't really want a cat but they also didn't want to give her to just anyone. But with a small child around the house, things were too chaotic and she didn't get the attention she deserved so she came to me.
http://kaar.mekk.com/fotos/Sofie5.jpg

She and Willem hit it off straight away and have been best buddies ever since :) They always slept together and even when awake: they were never far apart.
http://kaar.mekk.com/fotos/S+W.jpg

In April '06, when I came back from doing my groceries, I was told by my neighbourkids that Sofie lay dead in one of the backyards. :verysad:
I had only been gone 45ish minutes and she was fine when I left. I still don't know what happened but at least I know it must have happened quickly. I burried her in my backyard, eventhough technically speaking, that's illegal :yadda:
She was nearly 4 years old :(

Because I thought Willem felt a bit lonely when I was off at work, the mother of the s-i-l who gave me Sofie, offered to give Freek (he's almost 3 now) to me. He is one of Sofie's kittens that they kept and since he is a rather small little cat, he was having a difficult time trying to survive in a house with a HUGE Norwegian Forrest Cat (no idea if that is the correct English name though!) so, he came to stay with us :)
In this picture he is sitting on top of an A4 sized sheet of paper.
http://kaar.mekk.com/fotos/F-A4.jpg

He and Willem don't exactly LOVE eachother like Sofie and Willem did, but they have found a way to live together and in the last 2 months or so I've actually found them sleeping together twice already! :happydance:

And to make my trio in the Red Pack complete, last November another red cat joined my family...
End of August or early September, a friend of mine Petra, told me about this 'small kittie' that had been roaming around the apartmentbuilding of 2 of her friends for months already. When they noticed he was getting skinny, they started feeding him and ofcourse, that kept him in their backyard. However, they have 3 HUGE dogs themselves and were unable to keep the cat themselves.
I actually thought that 2 cats was more than enough for me, so at first I told them I didn't want him. So they kept looking for another home for him. But then in Oktober the weatherforcasts predicted snow and freezing temperatures and Petra kept telling me about this poor 'little cat' with nowhere to go and those poor tiny cold feet in the snow etc etc :shock: :pout:
So, what is a girl to do? That same evening we were in the car heading over to pick up a cat that I had never even seen before. :)
http://kaar.mekk.com/fotos/T+R.jpg

Petra named him Tobias, Toby for short, the vet estimated in November that was not even 2 years old and, needles to say, he has been with us ever since.
Oh and I think Petra may need a new eye subscribtion because this cat is large! He is younger than Freek but at least twice as big.

And this is such a typical way for him to lay down; he almost always has one paw strechted out in front of him like that.
He also regularly sticks his tongue out a bit, so cute :heart: I think it's because he doesn't fully close his mouth most of the time so the tip of his tongue peaks out :)
http://kaar.mekk.com/fotos/Tpoot.jpg

Anyway: there are my boys: all of them orange but purely by coincidence. I didn't even know there are people who specifically want orange cats untill the vet asked me if I adopted them based on their colour :shock:

Inis
05-14-2007, 09:40 AM
Yup, another kitty person here, too. Here's my baby.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w206/inislovely/kc.jpg

She's about 12 years old and very, very mellow -- unless a stranger is in the house. She hides from everyone except my husband and me.

Quite possibly the best pet I've ever had. She has never gone on the floor, never got into the garbage, doesn't jump on the kitchen counters - she's just such a well-behaved cat.

larudden
05-14-2007, 09:50 AM
Everyone should be owned by at least one cat, don'tcha think? :cheering:

I've got three - Newman, Zoe and Thea. Newman and Zoe are litter mates, my Siamese twins and Thea is a long haired black kittie.

Thea's story is the best, so I'll tell it here:

When she was a kitten (about 7 years ago now), my daughter, Kate, came home with two little black kittens. She told me the story of how she and her friends were riding around when they saw these two kitties by the side of the road, sitting next to their dead mother and another dead sibling. Kate didn't know what to do so she brought them both home. She begged me to let her keep one so I kept one and my oldest, Beth, took the other (Talula).

I don't know how many years later, maybe 3 or so, but the girls and I were talking about "fibs" they've told me over the years and so Kate says "Um, Mom.............remember when we got Thea? Well, I really didn't find her by the side of the road. We went to this house and there were two kittens in a box and I just had to take them with me." Gosh, I was laughing so hard because my youngest, Allison, had just told me the story about the huge painting she had done in 5th grade, 5 YEARS AGO, that I had spent about $125 framing and proudly gushed on it to all who wanted to hear. She didn't really paint it! She found it in the art room at school and brought it home.

Anyhow, I digress.............Thea is such a neat cat and loves to carry clothes, towels, jackets and other stuff around the house as if they were her babies. She makes that "I have something in my mouth" sound and drags things everywhere. So cute. And she loves to lay on the floor in her "pineapple upside down kittie" pose.

Newman and Zoe are about 10 years old and so cute. Zoe is my baby princess and I like to call her "my familiar" because she's very much locked into my emotions. It's amazing. She's pampered like crazy and loves to lay on the back of the couch as long as she can place one front paw on my shoulder.

Newman is a cow at about 20 pounds and is definitely Matt's cat.

Oh, did I mention that my husband is allergic to cats? When we met 7 years ago, I had 4 cats and told him "You know, they have shots for that!" So, for about 3 or 4 years, Matt went to the allergist every couple of weeks for his shots. He hasn't had them in awhile and will probably have to go back again for a recharge.

When we got Nora, our Puglet, the cats freaked out a bit but now they have learned to get along. Zoe and Newman like to smack Nora in the head and, since they don't have front claws, it makes such a funny sound. Too cute!

Anyhow, that's my story.......................

Nobones
05-14-2007, 10:05 AM
AWWWW. What lovely kitties we all have. Buffy was a rescue kitten and we had to bottle feed her for a while, she used to growl at us if we took the bottle away. She 'talk' to us as long as we meow back. When she was a kitten she used to like my bubble baths, she fell in at one point and was up to her neck in bubbles and warm water, I was expecting hell to break losse but she just sat there and purred! At the moment she has a habbit of dragging hubbys (stinking :ick:) socks out of the wash basket and carring them all around the house, using it as a blanket. Sick sick girl!

Like a lot of you my Buffy is my baby and we wouldn't be without her.

aineepooh1
05-14-2007, 12:57 PM
My 2 kitties:
Minnie -who was adopted from a feline rescue organization. she is a beautiful calico. She has a chronic eye infection so I have clean out the goop from her eyes daily :pout: but besides that she is my :heart: I always wanted a calico . Her story is , when I picked her up I had just lost my old cat and was desperate for a new animal b/c the house was TOO quiet. She and 1 other kitty were sitting in thecage ( on a feather bed no less) :teehee: in Petco as Sandy ( the sponsor) screened people/applications to adopt the kitties. and I waited a long time until I could finally adopt her after all the crowd left from Pet Co who saw the kittes and all just oohed and aahed. She lays around the house and sleeps, eats, and lies on furniture all day.
Chauncey- She was the cat who was SUPPOSED to be put down. My SIL worked at the vet's office at the time. My dad :heart: callled me up one day and said if someone doesn't adopt her she is gonna put down. They all knew I had just one cat~! SO i thought about it and brought her home. She is spoiled and pretty affectionate... found out later my SIL said "we were never gonna put down Chauncey ~ Mini is kinda skittish to strangers but she :heart: :heart: me. BTW: Chauney won't have anything to do with my SIL now :eyebrow: and right now she is the one with the bladder infection :pout: but she is getting better :shrug:
Speaking of cats turning into COWS~ Mine have both PORKED out and both weigh 10lbs( :pout: ) I know that may not be too much to some people but they have both gained weight since I have owned them....they have such a hard life~! :eyebrow: Yep I have 2 10# cats which is the equivilient of 2 furry bowling balls~! :eyebrow:

KathyinCali
05-14-2007, 02:13 PM
Everyone's kitties are beautiful! :hug: :hug:

Here are my babies...Buster is the Black & White (he's about 9 years old) and had a sex change last year to prolong his life - he's doing great but he still looks for "it" all the time :teehee:

And Jammies is my precious black princess. She is about 6 years old and the softest sweetest baby in the world - just like your favorite pair of "Jammies"

Both are rescues and I'm positively stupid over them :heart:

Nobones
05-14-2007, 03:19 PM
One of my favourite photos of Buffy;

Or not as the case maybe! Why won't this work?

Nobones
05-14-2007, 03:33 PM
Ok can't get photos to work, try this;

Baby Buffy being bottle fed;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFHJLh6Ixyk

kellycarr05
05-14-2007, 06:30 PM
My Kitty.Neige (snow in french)Thought we had a girl but found out a few weeks ago its a BOY!!!!

ironmaiden
05-14-2007, 06:45 PM
Just adopted today:

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/kbrengle/Hpim1385.jpg

:heart:

marykz
05-14-2007, 06:59 PM
Just adopted today:
:heart:

congrats ironmaiden!!! What a cutie pie- any names yet?

ironmaiden
05-14-2007, 07:25 PM
Originally I wanted to name her Elsie, but DH is pushing for Roxie... not decided yet.

spectorkitty
05-14-2007, 07:26 PM
My Kitty.Neige (snow in french)Thought we had a girl but found out a few weeks ago its a BOY!!!!

Did you read my post? The same exact thing happened to me and I got three extra cats out of it!

:roflhard:

orcoastknitter
05-15-2007, 12:38 AM
I have three at our house. Minnie is 6 years old and is the ruler of all! She was actually a mother's day present for my mom before we moved up here. She was adopted from a shelter in California.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n214/jasulau/minniepic.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n214/jasulau/minniepic2.jpg

Then there is my dear sweet little boy, Oreo. He was adopted from a local animal shelter. Before I got him he was previously adopted out and returned because he was too affectionate. :shrug: He had a few issues, like suckling on shirts and meowing when he was left alone. He is long past that now and is pretty independent.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n214/jasulau/oreothecat.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n214/jasulau/oreostretch.jpg

Then there is Cookie, the tortie. Let's just say that I love her to pieces. She is my "special" kitty. She has a personal space issue. She just doesn't like other animals around her. It's actually pretty funny. If one of the other cats just looks in her direction she starts with a very low moan. It has taken her about 4 years for her to actually be able to walk past our older dog (prior to the little puppy) with out making a noise. She isn't very social when people come to visit, but I think that is being timid is part of being a tortie, at least with my experience. She is also a little camera shy (only could find one decent picture of her).

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n214/jasulau/oreoandcookie.jpg

Leeseebat
05-15-2007, 04:52 AM
i have 2 cats and my mom has 1. my mom's is a mainecoon that we adopted for her, it was her dream cat, and when i was working at the local spca and he came in i called my dad and before i could finish the sentence he told me to bring him home. LOL! Tony is a 20+ lug. he makes friends with everyone and will lay on his back in the middle of the floor, porch, yard, couch. he doesn't care.

My 2 babies are special. They have a condition called Cerebellum Hypoplasia. "The cerebellum is the portion of the brain responsible for the control of motion" they walk funny, head bob, stumble sometimes, that type of thing. I ADORE these 2. I have loved every cat that has passed through my life in my life time, but these 2 just stole my heart. Wimbley is 11lbs, he weighs himself everyday. (he just likes to watch the needle on the scale, but we joke that he's weighing himself) Tuxedo. Angel is a chubby calico with a attitude!

Tony
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/pitbullsmile/my%20pets/Img_3855.jpg

Wimbley
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/pitbullsmile/my%20pets/glasses003.jpg

Angel
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/pitbullsmile/color/angel.jpg

Nobones
05-15-2007, 05:10 AM
Don't all our kitties look content? That's nice.

Ironmadien, what a sweetie. I love getting to know a new kitten. All the playing and cuddling. I like both the names you have chosen, which have you gone for?

Nobones
05-15-2007, 07:34 AM
Hopefully these will work, some photos of my cat Buffy:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a51/mikebull/Buffy098.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a51/mikebull/Buffy27511-9-05.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a51/mikebull/Buffy077.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a51/mikebull/Buffy13414-8-05.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a51/mikebull/Buffy831.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a51/mikebull/Buffy81408-04-07.jpg

DQ
05-15-2007, 07:37 AM
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

I love the one in the bowl especially! :heart:

Nobones
05-15-2007, 07:46 AM
Ahh that bowl.... Her favourite place from the day we first had her. Watching her try to get in it when she was to big was a laugh I can tell you!

DQ
05-15-2007, 10:01 AM
I just have to drag out my kitty pics now!

Sylvester (family cat -lives with my mum)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v138/DQ-Minx/Sylvester.jpg

Del Boy (our cat but now lives with te in laws) this pic was as a kitten when he lived with us...I must get a better pic.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v138/DQ-Minx/del.jpg

Dandelion (Sylvesters sister, sadly no longer with us :( )

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v138/DQ-Minx/Dandy.jpg

Rodney (Del boys brother, sadly no longer with us :( )

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v138/DQ-Minx/rodney1.jpg

aineepooh1
05-15-2007, 01:17 PM
Nobones~I :heart: :heart: the second picture... she is looking at you like ~ Hey ~ WHADDA YOU LOOKIN" AT??

:roflhard: :roflhard:

meg9
05-15-2007, 03:35 PM
I've got 2. Beeps and Mason. Beeps was a tiny stray found by a coworker, and 7 years later? She's a huge happy maine coon who likes to trill instead of meow.

Mason is an orange cat (Are all orange cats crazy?) He's jumped in the (clean) toilet, set himself on fire by jumping onto the gas stove top, and can play fetch like a pro.

Nobones
05-17-2007, 05:35 AM
Meg9 that is one demented cat! :lol:

DQ, Del and Rodney are so cute they remind me of my neighbours cats. They were really nice I was quite sad when they moved away.
You must be an 'Only Fools and Horses' fan then.:wink:

DQ
05-17-2007, 05:38 AM
Meg9 that is one demented cat! :lol:

DQ, Del and Rodney are so cute they remind me of my neighbours cats. They were really nice I was quite sad when they moved away.
You must be an 'Only Fools and Horses' fan then.:wink:

The husband is ;) They do/did suit their names though!

Nobones
05-17-2007, 11:34 AM
We have a problem today with a stay tom cat. I was in my upstairs craft room with Buffy when this tom cat appeared. Upstaires! In MY room! We shooed it away but it's been coming in all day. We don't want to hurt it, we don't really want to lock the cat flap because it really distresses Buffy. Does anyone have any ideas on how to go about getting rid of the randy thing, it's a really big cat and Buffy is obviously quite frightend

KnittingNat
05-17-2007, 11:56 AM
We have a problem today with a stay tom cat. I was in my upstairs craft room with Buffy when this tom cat appeared. Upstaires! In MY room! We shooed it away but it's been coming in all day. We don't want to hurt it, we don't really want to lock the cat flap because it really distresses Buffy. Does anyone have any ideas on how to go about getting rid of the randy thing, it's a really big cat and Buffy is obviously quite frightend

You can try taking a spray bottle, put 2 parts water, 1 parts vinegar and every time the cat is bothering you, spray in his direction (i'm sorry, i just can't make myself say "it's" about animals :shrug:). I think that can make him understand that he must find another place.
Good luck!

Nobones
05-17-2007, 12:13 PM
Would the vinger sting him though? I don't want to hurt him, plain water could do the same trick couldn't it? We wondered about getting some sort of repellent, but that would just repel Buffy from her own door.

I've called the RSPCA, the poor thing has a really manky eye but they weren't intrested and it really upset me, I came off the phone crying!

Luvmyrottnboy
05-17-2007, 12:14 PM
Well, he isn't exactly a cat....:lol:

I do have a cat too, a beautiful male American long hair (yup my house is a MESS of long hair) but I don't have any photos of him (James) on the computer.

Nobones
05-17-2007, 12:22 PM
:shock: That's a big doggie! Is he friendly? I love all animals but am slightly frightned of dogs. Unless they are tiny, tiny dogs are fine, BIG dogs= me being very scared.

Luvmyrottnboy
05-17-2007, 12:29 PM
:shock: That's a big doggie! Is he friendly? I love all animals but am slightly frightned of dogs. Unless they are tiny, tiny dogs are fine, BIG dogs= me being very scared.

Yes, he is big boy 100 lbs on the nose, but he is a total lovebug:heart:

I manage a college dorm and take him to work with me a few times a week. The kids love him and he loves them. At first a few of the kids were were nervous but he won them over.

Funny about the little dogs...At our vet there are 3 dogs that the vet will not allow into the waiting room, they have to wait outside and they are all little ones! One is a min-pin that scares the you-know-what out of me!:lol:

Nobones
05-17-2007, 12:34 PM
The postman doesn't like the Yorkie down the road from me. Barks at him every time he goes past apparently and has tried to nip him on more than one occasion. I guess the smaller they are the more they've got to make up for it:lol:

newknitter44102
05-17-2007, 03:26 PM
I have a 4 year old male cat and his name is Remington. I got him almost a year ago through Freecycle.com from this lady who's kids were allergic to him all of a sudden. When I first got him I had a beautiful Maine Coon and her name was Posha. They really didnt get along at first and she used to actually beat him up alot. I suspected because he's neutered and my dad says that he's soft. Around the time I got him, my dad moved in with me and he started calling him Garfield. He calls him Garfield because he says he's lazy and he eats too much, both of those I disagree with lol. Remingtonis an indoor/outdoor cat that loves to stand at the door until you let him out and he will scratch like a dog when he wants to come back in. he'll also stand at his food dish when it's empty. I do believe he eats alot as my father says but who knows....
I'm a serious cat lover and one day I want to open up my own cattery so I can mate purebred Maine coons. I've had 2 maine coons so far and I thin they are absoulety gorgeous! I've had 2 other cats most recently that have ran away. My only reason is because they want to "slum it" on the streets...lol. My sisiters cat had kittens and she's giving me one this weekend so I will have a new "baby" in house much to my father's dismay but who care's righ? Hopefully I can up load some pics really soon.

Nobones
05-17-2007, 04:36 PM
Ohh a new Kitten. It's so nice getting to know them isn't it? Can't wait for photos. Good luck and happy bonding.

DQ
05-24-2007, 06:06 PM
I've been to the inlaws tonight and seen my Del :heart: So I thought I'd show off a picture of him that I took on my phone!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v138/DQ-Minx/Image005.jpg

Jessica Cobb
05-25-2007, 02:29 AM
Well, he isn't exactly a cat....:lol:

I do have a cat too, a beautiful male American long hair (yup my house is a MESS of long hair) but I don't have any photos of him (James) on the computer.

I've never seen such a fuzzy rottweiler before! He is adorrrable!

Nobones
05-25-2007, 04:20 AM
Del looks quite content there, why doesn't he live with you DQ? I couldn't be without my Kittie, someone gave her the name of Buffy the yarnslayer, the other day, I laughed my head off. It's since become her new name!

DQ
05-25-2007, 05:56 AM
Del looks quite content there, why doesn't he live with you DQ? I couldn't be without my Kittie, someone gave her the name of Buffy the yarnslayer, the other day, I laughed my head off. It's since become her new name!

Well he went to stay with them whilst we moved and I had my DS and my mother-in-law took to him and loved him so much we didn't have the heart to take him back :pout: Plus her other cat got driven away by him and the dog :doh:

Nobones
05-25-2007, 05:56 AM
I thought I would show you the desktop image from my computer-

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a51/mikebull/BuffyCollage.jpg

(My favourite is the second from right at the bottom- it makes me giggle!) :teehee:

KnittingNat
05-25-2007, 06:57 AM
She's adorable!!! I got my own slayer at home now. Kittens are such a mess, but a cute mess. I can barely knit, read, walk (feet are great playground :rofling:)! But when he comes to me purring and gives me a kiss - i'm melting...:inlove:

Nobones
05-25-2007, 08:38 AM
That's a cute kitty, what's his name?

Buffy only will play with hubbys feet, but only when they are stinky! :ick::ick:

leedsfan
05-25-2007, 10:15 AM
What lovely cats,i like cats but they make me sneeze,my 14 year old son has 2 rabbits,1 hamster and 16 tropical fish and 2 frogs.

Krissinator
05-25-2007, 10:51 AM
I have 6 cats. Tiffany and Meacha are inside cats and are nearing 10 yrs old, while Sphynx and Kim are almost a year old and inside/outside cats. At my mom's house we have Buddy (who we call fluffer because he's sooo fluffy, and sheds on everything) and SpiderMonkey who we just call booger. They're 3 yrs and 10 months respectively.

They're a lot of fun. I love cats, although I miss my dog, Spike.

KnittingNat
05-25-2007, 11:02 AM
That's a cute kitty, what's his name?

Buffy only will play with hubbys feet, but only when they are stinky! :ick::ick:
Well, my hubby's stinky feet are for our dog, Tyra, only. She actually thinks they're ice cream :ick:!
Kitty's name is Mason and he's 3 months old and simply sweet!
And that's our older cat, Kys. She's about 10 years old and been with us since we're together (she just came around and stayed, kind of like my hubby :roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:), that's 2.5 years. Before that she was on the street, though i think she was abused once, because it took her a lot of time to relax when touched and lifted. She's quiet and has tons of self-respect!

turtlegirl76
05-25-2007, 11:05 AM
I love seeing everyones kitties! They really are adorable.

My cats are the stars of my blog. Everyone keeps telling me "enough with the fiber, more cats!" I try to tell them that it IS a knitting blog but what can you do? They're photogenic.

This is Calvin. Yes, he always has that shocked expression on his face.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/176/419468189_67aafd2aea_m.jpg

My older cat, Ripple. (He's 8)
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/80/236980928_41fd48bd56_m.jpg

Ripple and Calvin snuggling:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/166/411287819_370e5e8a44_m.jpg

I love my little guys. Ripple was heartbroken after we lost his buddy Morris in December. But he and Calvin have really bonded!

Nicoley
05-25-2007, 01:30 PM
WOoOOoo Kittie cats!.. lol

these are my cats

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a232/NicoleyMySpace/MyKitties.jpg

3 at my mom's house and one at mine.... the one top left is Oreo we call her Fatty because she is fatty lol... the one under the gray one is Kitty.... the one with the with the wine cooler is Baby...and the bottom lazy sloth of a cat is Skunky...

turtlegirl76
05-25-2007, 01:36 PM
Baby is so tiny! Is she full grown? What a cutie!

Nobones
05-25-2007, 02:45 PM
[quote=turtlegirl76;863052]
This is Calvin. Yes, he always has that shocked expression on his face.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/176/419468189_67aafd2aea_m.jpg

:rofling::rofling::chair::chair: That's such a brill photo!

turtlegirl76
05-25-2007, 04:05 PM
Thank you so much! I tossed him one of his favorite toys (a little pompom) and he closed his paws right around it and looked up at me and I snapped the pic. It looks like he's smiling doesn't it?

SimplyKaar
05-25-2007, 04:23 PM
Lately I get regular visits from this awfully cute lady cat. I think she likes the fact that I have dry food out all day long and she sometimes sneaks in to have a bite.
If she had looked like she was a stray, I would have taken her in immediately but alas, she is fat and looks über healthy so I assume she has a family in the neighbourhood...

It's hard to take a good picture of her though because she always wants to be pet and cuddled and won't sit still; I snapped this just as she finished cleaning out Willems dinner bowl :lol: I had forgotten about the fact that my camera automatically uses a flash when you switch it on and it scared the you know what out of her :)

http://kaar.mekk.com/fotos/Lucy.jpg

And dispite the fact that my bf keeps telling me that I can't have her, I've secretly started to call her Lucy already :rofling:

KnittingNat
05-25-2007, 06:04 PM
SimplyKaar, that was exactly the case with our Kys. She was so fat!!! But when i saw she's always around our place and never in anywhere else - i assumed that she has no home, because then she should have had a collar or something. so when we moved, we took her with us... actually, your Lucy and she look like twins - you can check my post on precious page :cheering:

Nobones
05-26-2007, 03:38 AM
SimplyKarr I want the kitten that's at the end of your post! I'd try and keep the cat at your house for a while and if someone comes looking then you'll know. Have you asked around to see if it belongs to anyone?

Rorshach
05-26-2007, 04:31 AM
I have 6 in my blended household, 3 that are originally mine, 2 that are my parents, and one stray that adopted us about a month ago. So my cats first, Osiris, our eldest, is a Bombay (read black) and extremely playful, he's a little over 6 years, and going through a second kittenhood. Black is our longhaired cat, though I'm not entirely sure what breed he is, though I'm gonna guess tabby, he's about as smart as the color of his fur is bright. And VERY mouthy. Copper, is Black's brother, showing markings of an Orange tabby, he's pretty skittish, and will only come out when my wife and I are the only ones in the room.

My Parent's cats: Gizmo, is a little tortie point himalayan, who I like to call "the leetle fuzzball with a BIG attitude. She's the ruler of the roost, primarily because the other cats don't give a rip. George is my parents big tomcat, he came to us as a stray 10 years ago, and my dad kept telling us, don't let him in, so what does he do instead? he starts feeding him in the garage, pretty soon on the porch, you can see where this is headed.

And last, but certainly not least, is Angel, who is a big ole female grey tabby with a big ole heart, and one very LOUD purr. Same story with her and my dad. My dad told my wife and I point blank not to let her in, so we didn't....for about two weeks, at which point, my dad let her in the house. I shall have to post pics as soon as I can take some.

Nobones
05-26-2007, 04:48 AM
That's a big furry house hold you've got there. I would like more cats but hubby is dead set against it saying Buffy's enough. I wouldn't want Buffy to feel pushed out either.

Can't wait to pictures of your cats, they sound like great characters.

mathwizard
05-26-2007, 07:49 AM
I have five cats!:muah: The oldest is Midnight and he has slimmed down since his sister died from cancer, he is 11. He also bothers all the other cats except Thor for no reason. Ra is next and he is half siamese and huge. No matter what he doesn't loose weight. He is 10. Fluffy is 8 and she is a tiny ball of fur. She has a mane around her neck and weighs less than 6 pounds. My pride and joy is a full blooded siamese, Thor, and he has some medical problems right now. the last is Stubby and he is a orange tiger with part of his tail missing and he was born with it that way. We call him affectionately the licker kitty because he will lick your face, fingers, whatever is close and purr all the time!!!:cheering:
I love them all but ranking them it is Thor, Fluffy and Stubby tied, Ra and Midnight.

sylvia
05-26-2007, 09:01 AM
hi
love all your cats
beautiful beautiful
i have had many cats and they got old or sick so
they went to that big kitty litter in the sky
and they are all missed to this day
my last cat that i have now
was given to me by my daughter for mothers day
she was abused and ont the streets
i got her from a shelter
and guess what she loves my husband
me she tolerates
that was 9 years ago
nothing has chan ged
if anything she cant she loves him more than ever
stinker
i love her so much
her name is pitchel
which in jewish is little
and she is not little anymore
sylvia

1knittychick
05-26-2007, 07:32 PM
Smokey was adopted by us when he found his way to our house and got into a terrible fight with another stray cat that found our house. We've had him just about 4 years. He loves to sit in my lap when I knit, sleeps with everyone in the house and will knock (claw) at the door when he wants in.