PDA

View Full Version : more great rovings on ebay

jeanius80
05-14-2007, 05:22 PM
again, had to share!
shpherder (http://search.ebay.ca/_W0QQsassZshpherderQQhtZ-1)

this time i did buy $10 worth of roving (i think it adds up to 3 pounds!) should be enough for quite awhile :teehee:

yarnfreak
05-14-2007, 05:29 PM
that's a good price. I just don't know if I could do the recarding. Pretty roving, though.

TrinaOR
05-14-2007, 07:03 PM
I bought some of this ladys wool.. the wool I got didnt really need any carding... the thing that was bad, was the shipping from canada :-x I bought two pounds and it seems like they wanted around 15 to ship it...still a good price for merino superwash though..her service was very fast as well..

Julie
05-14-2007, 10:58 PM
The fiber I bought from her didn't need carding either. I think she has to say that just in case...

Great customer service too -- she had some seacell fiber up a few months ago. I commented on another spinning board (which the seller also frequents) that I would hate to buy a pound of seacell and find that I didn't like to spin it. She saw my post, PMed me, and offered to send me a sample. :thumbsup:

It came fairly quickly but I haven't had a chance to try it yet. :D

yarnfreak
05-15-2007, 10:24 AM
Hmmm, I might have to give it another look. It's such a good price and so pretty.

jeanius80
05-15-2007, 11:18 AM
i just paid through paypal, and it came to $31 and some change. shipping is a bit high since it is coming from Ontario, but it still averages to less than a dollar an ounce, so still a great deal.

julie, thanks for the info... i was a bit worried and started to look for hand carders... i think i will wait for it to get here, and see. if i do need to buy some, i think my LYS carries them :shrug:

i am very excited to learn to spin!!

Shandeh
05-16-2007, 08:52 PM
I wouldn't worry about the carders, jeanius. I've only used them for raw wool. When you draft the fiber, it will all fall into place.

jeanius80
05-16-2007, 10:11 PM
thanks for the tip shandeh...i am sure if i had to card too i probably would have ended up with a bit knotted mess:teehee:

JLC
05-17-2007, 09:57 AM
I ordered some roving from that seller on May 1st and haven't received it yet. I've been so busy, that it didn't occur to me until I read the post that it's been over the 7-9 business day shipping that she quoted me. I e-mailed her this morning to find out when it shipped and if she has a way to track it. I hope it didn't get lost. :pray: