PDA

View Full Version : ETA: punk pics. (Bird outta ... water??)

nuknitter
05-14-2007, 05:27 PM
ETA:

While Pasha wasn't paying attention, I snapped her in her alter ego state. She's got her nose shank in, and a fancy sparkly navel ring. This along with her tattoo on her booty makes her Pasha the PUNK. You can see that she has thrown her scarf off in a fit of rebellion.

(Sometimes even I am overwhelmed by my dorkiness :rollseyes: )

You can also see that when she's facing to our left, I picked up her wrapped stitches incorrectly - sorry Pasha! :doh: Nonaknits' blog illustrates 3 ways to do short rows; next time I'm doing the Japanese version.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, it's gettin' warm and poor Pasha doesn't know where the snow went. She (when did Pasha become a she? oh yes, when she demanded not only a red scarf, a GLITTERY red scarf) wants to get back to the frozen tundra, but in the meantime she's keeping me company ...

It's gettin' too warm for me to even think of knitting anything other than TINY, so toys and caps it is for now. I made Pasha extra special as I'm moving soon, so I put in her behind a number of rocks from a special trip to NC's beach last year w/good friends. You can hear them click against each other if you make her hop.

She doth protesteth the awkward and ungainly angle of the 2nd photo, but I put my initials on her butt - as something to remember me by, of course, when she eventually makes her way north. ;)

Jan in CA
05-14-2007, 05:55 PM
Oh my gosh..that is SOO cute! :cheering:

HamaLee
05-14-2007, 06:03 PM
Aw...I love it!

Ronda
05-14-2007, 06:10 PM
:heart:

mks22300
05-14-2007, 06:30 PM
Very cute! :teehee:

Aquaria
05-14-2007, 07:26 PM
Awwww that is so cuuute! :hug: :heart:

Is that the penguin pattern from Knitty?

nuknitter
05-14-2007, 08:13 PM
Yup, that's Pasha the Penguin from Knitty.

I learned how to add a different color, and short row shaping (SRS) - although, I liked nonaknits' tutorial on different ways of doing SRS, and will do my second w/Japanese SRS to make it less obvious.

Originally Pasha the Princess (currently) was Pasha the Punk - I had put a shank through her beak as her "piercing". Lemme know if y'all want that pic, HA!! :rofl:

psammeadred
05-14-2007, 09:39 PM
Totally awesome!

thischicknits
05-14-2007, 11:34 PM
LOVE IT!! :heart:

aroundtheom
05-14-2007, 11:40 PM
That is the coolest ever! Well done!

redwitch
05-15-2007, 02:37 AM
Or south... penguins live in Antarctica, NZ, Australia... but not in the Arctic.
It's really strange to me when people refer to the North as being cold... in the SH, going north/ living up North is warmer, and you get colder as you go 'down south'.

Sarah

RiverDaughter
05-15-2007, 03:12 AM
Heh, that's so adorable! :cheering:

Are you going to call her Letter Butt as well? I had a teddy bear that got called Colored Butt as a child because he had, well, a multi colored butt. It was cute. :teehee:

baronreads
05-15-2007, 09:11 AM
OMG! She is SO CUTE! I absolutely ADORE Penguins!! TFS

sara_jayne
05-15-2007, 09:50 AM
I love Pasha! :inlove: Such a great quick knit isn't it?

Kaydee
05-15-2007, 10:45 AM
Aww...too cute!

kemp
05-15-2007, 12:03 PM
:heart:

nuknitter
05-15-2007, 12:43 PM
Heh, that's so adorable! :cheering:

Are you going to call her Letter Butt as well? I had a teddy bear that got called Colored Butt as a child because he had, well, a multi colored butt. It was cute. :teehee:

Pasha ... Letter Butt. Has almost a melodious quality doesn't it? ;) I thereby dub thee: Pasha Letter Butt! :roflhard:

Hmm, I believe you're right redwitch, I even knew that there are warm weather penguins in South America.

She was soooo easy, only a couple evening's worth of knitting. Used Caron Simply Soft for the black and white, and a perfectly-colored mystery freebie yarn f/a yard sale.

I feel a bit silly, but she brightens my day just sitting on my table :teehee:

carmabelle1191
05-15-2007, 07:07 PM
I love it! :heart:

msoebel
05-18-2007, 11:11 AM
That penguin's got a tattoo on it's booty!:oo:

What a super cute thing to knit up!:inlove:

Misty

ritaw
05-18-2007, 11:48 AM
Nuknitter , Pasha looks lovely.