PDA

View Full Version : Options have ruined me.

Mommy22alyns
05-16-2007, 01:32 PM
I am so completely spoiled by my Options. Every time I try to knit anything with my "old" straights, I go right back to the O's because they're nice and sharp. :heart:

Are the KP straights that pointy too? Or do you use circs for literally everything? I'm asking because I downloaded a free pattern from KP for lacy headbands and it calls for size 3 straights. :think: Which might I get more use from? Are there other needles as pointy as the Options?

sara_jayne
05-16-2007, 01:38 PM
There are not straights available in the KP Options set. If you are refering to the "Classics" then yes, the tips are just as pointy!

Options have spoiled me completely also! I don't use straights any more, just my Options and Addi Turbos for the sizes that Options doesn't have!

rorygilmore
05-16-2007, 01:45 PM
I have the Options set, and i love them. I also have one set of db points from KP and they are just as nice and pointy as the Options set!

mwedzi
05-16-2007, 02:35 PM
I don't think you have to use straights even if that's what it says. You never *have* to use straights, as far as I can tell. I think it just says straights to let you know that you don't *need* circs or dpns as you won't be knitting in the round.

Braden
05-16-2007, 03:07 PM
They've spoiled me, too. I use Addis, also, but prefer the sharp tips of Options. :happydance:

dakatzmeow
05-16-2007, 03:11 PM
what are these 'straights' you speak of? :roflhard: i don't use straights anymore. i use circs for everything.

hydeemarie
05-16-2007, 04:06 PM
what are these 'straights' you speak of? :roflhard: i don't use straights anymore. i use circs for everything.
:rofl::rofl::roflhard::roflhard:

auburnchick
05-16-2007, 04:14 PM
I gave all of my straights away after knitting with the Options. I just could not fathom the thought of knitting with those clunkers again.

threesmom
05-16-2007, 04:23 PM
They spoiled me too ... I would never have thought it would happen ... I loved straights ... I really did .... now they just sit in their jar and stare at me .... a cold, heavy stare ....

MKEMKE
05-16-2007, 04:24 PM
I bought soooooo many straight needles in every size and length when I first started knitting. I have since then purchased Knit Picks Options and love them. I wish I hadn't spent so much money before I discovered them.

Kaydee
05-16-2007, 04:36 PM
My Options have spoiled me too! When I first started knitting I only looked for patterns that used straights because I was scared of circs...but they're soooo much better in every way, I love them!

jjminarcik
05-16-2007, 08:54 PM
I am sold on the Options, too! I just got them for my birthday last week and I can't imagine knitting with anything else!

jpenguin
05-16-2007, 09:36 PM
I immediately hated straights from the beginning. Kept getting them caught under my arms somehow so someone at my, now closed :crying:, knitting shop turned me onto Addi Turbo circs. The cost of them for someone just starting out is way to much for some of us so I just ordered the KP Options on Monday & cannot wait for them to arrive.:happydance:

ADAllen
05-17-2007, 12:39 AM
I've been thinking about ordering a set of Denise Needles, but now you guys have me second guessing my self. It will be a bit before I can spring for some Options, but an Amazon.com gift card just fell in my lap and Amazon has Denise. I guess I'll have to go ponder how patient I really am,or figure out how I'll avoid buyer's remorse with all of you :heart:ing on your Options.

ArtLady1981
05-17-2007, 04:09 AM
Call me sentimental...

Although I only use circs these days...out of sentimentality...I bought some nice needle cases for my "straights"...and have displayed them on my wicker yarn trunk. Sigh.

I use OPTIONS mostly, however...Addis, Lantern Moons, and Crystal Palace circs are best for some knitting...depending on the yarn and the stitch pattern.

For example...I don't use my OPTIONS with yarn that is "splitty".
I use blunter needles such as Addis or Lantern Moons.

Nobones
05-17-2007, 06:47 AM
What are 'Options'? To me that's a low calorie chocolate drink that tastes yuk

Stonington
05-17-2007, 08:38 AM
http://www.knitpicks.com/Options+Knitting+Needle+Set_ND90245.html
these are Options! :) I ordered them Monday and can't wait for them to arrive.. right now they are in Massachusettes... I want to drive down and pick them up lol

anne

jpenguin
05-17-2007, 08:48 AM
I've been thinking about ordering a set of Denise Needles, but now you guys have me second guessing my self. It will be a bit before I can spring for some Options, but an Amazon.com gift card just fell in my lap and Amazon has Denise. I guess I'll have to go ponder how patient I really am,or figure out how I'll avoid buyer's remorse with all of you :heart:ing on your Options.

I bought the Denise set months ago before finding out about the KP Options set. I love the Denise too especially for yarns that are too slippery for metal needles. Also the Denise set comes with a shorter cable that is nice for those baby caps/hats that I have been knitting since December. I will continue to use them even after my Options arrive, which I would love to know where mine are at this point in thier shipping trip.:shrug:

Stonington
05-17-2007, 09:01 AM
Jody, if you ordered your needles from knit pics you can track the delivery. Go to check order status, click on your order number, then the tracking number. :)

anne

jpenguin
05-17-2007, 09:12 AM
Anne, Thank you for pointing out that option at the KP website. Didn't see that before now. I learned something new today! :cheering: I found out mine just left Grove City, OH this morning so hopefully they will be here maybe by next Monday. I really could use them on my current project.

Thank you again.

dreamsherl
05-17-2007, 09:17 AM
I always wanted to knit as a kid. One of the reasons was because of the needles. Although I use my addi's most of the time, I still perfer my wooden needles (usually Lantern Moon). :knitting:

Mommy22alyns
05-17-2007, 10:31 AM
For example...I don't use my OPTIONS with yarn that is "splitty".
I use blunter needles such as Addis or Lantern Moons.

Huh... I am exactly the opposite! I'm knitting with KP Shine Worsted - soft, but splitty. I tried to just gauge swatch on my straights and didn't get past the cast on because the needles were so blunt. So what is your experience; why do you prefer blunter needles for splitty yarn?

MKEMKE - that's exactly what happened with me. I have straights in every size from 4 to 11... and I wish I hadn't bought them now!

Braden
05-17-2007, 10:36 AM
I use Addis with splitty yarn, also.

Purl
05-17-2007, 10:46 AM
I just received my Options in the mail this week. I was also having a hard time deciding between the Options and Denise (which would have been easier to get). I had a chance to try the Denise needles and I really didn't like the feel of them. I love metal needles. And I LOVE my Options. I'm so glad I chose to go with them!! :cheering:

Stonington
05-17-2007, 02:35 PM
I just received my Options in the mail this week. I was also having a hard time deciding between the Options and Denise (which would have been easier to get). I had a chance to try the Denise needles and I really didn't like the feel of them. I love metal needles. And I LOVE my Options. I'm so glad I chose to go with them!! :cheering:
:pray: I hope mine come tommorow! they were only 2 states away as of 3 am this morning! :cheering:
anne

jpenguin
05-17-2007, 09:00 PM
Wohoo!!!!:cheering: I just checked on my order status for my KP Options & they arrived in Atlanta today about 4pm at the FedEx sorting station. Maybe I will have them tomorrow so I can start knitting with them this weekend!:happydancing:

kitkat
05-18-2007, 10:52 AM
I plan on selling most of my straight needles when I do my gee-normous yarn destash this summer.