PDA

View Full Version : help with a bernat pattern

shivers079
05-17-2007, 03:50 AM
i may have bitten off more than i can chew here. up until this point i have made scarves, blankets and one plain knit purse. so this is my first complex project. the pattern is on the bernat site:
http://www.bernat.com/pattern.php?PID=1859&PHPSESSID=5969d6909a7a578a8ac0e10d1e9266e6

I'm good until we get to "shape crotch"
first, could there be a mistake here- they have me end the previous section on a purl row, then start this one on a purl row?
second, how am i casting on when i'm already in the middle of a piece?

i have one local friend who knits and she too is a bit stumped on this one. i would be so very grateful for any insight! thank you in advance!

shelly

Ingrid
05-17-2007, 08:00 AM
The casting on part is easy--either use backward loop or knitted cast on. Any cast-on that uses one strand will work.

I don't see where you end with a purl row and start with one.

You're working your increases, then ending with a purl row.

After that you do your cast ons and knit across.

shivers079
05-17-2007, 02:51 PM
at the end of the section, "Shape back:" it says "...ending with a purl row" then in "Shape Crotch:...Purl 1 row"

as for the casting on, just cast on 5 more stitches onto exsisting row then knit across?

sorry if i seem dense! i got so excited about these pants and i'm just not experienced with anything other than flat projects

thanks so much for the help!!!!!! :)

tab
05-17-2007, 02:58 PM
It looks to me like you're skipping over a line. You end with a purl row, then it says "Shape crotch: inc 1 st at each end of next and following alt rows twice." and then you go on to cast on additional stitches and purl.
And yes, you have the right idea for the casting on part. :)

shivers079
05-17-2007, 03:08 PM
ok. guess i am indeed dense. thanks!!!!