PDA

View Full Version : OT-A wild turkey and some sad news....

figaro
05-17-2007, 08:26 AM
I am sitting here at the desk, 8 am reading the paper with the window behind me open for some fresh cold (it has been in the low 80's here for 2 days) air when I hear a turkey gobble! I turn around and there is a wild turkey standing on the edge of the yard and the trees, I tell my daughters to go look quietly and they ask what it is so I tell them it is a wild turkey. My dog who is still in the kennel UNDERSTANDS me and barks, the turkey leaves when he hears the bark. And because I could not see the camera within a foot of that window (:rollseyes:), I missed my photo op!

And on a sad note, I think my cat heard the robin's nest being attacked last night...:pout:. I left the window open in the bedroom, hubby just got a plane to Holland for a week and the cat is hearing something out the window. I have heard of bear being in the area so I was a little nervous. Then this morning I go out to see how the 3 babies are doing in the rhododendrons off of the porch and the nest was ripped in half :cry:. The babies had just hatched this week so they were tiny little things, and now that I look out the window, the momma and daddy are not in the yard looking for food for them:crying:.

Poor little babies but I hope the turkey comes back...

stitchwitch
05-17-2007, 09:10 AM
Turkeys are neat. We have alot of them up around my place in Tennessee. I love the little babies, all furry and spotted, just the cutest little things. Maybe this site will help you get over the loss of your nest. http://www.birds.cornell.edu/birdhouse/nestboxcam/ lots of momma birds and babies!

beckyrhae
05-17-2007, 09:50 AM
:inlove: Ooo... baby barn owls! So cute!

Sorry about the baby robins... my cat loves to catch birds and set them free in our house... grrrrr