PDA

View Full Version : What else to buy at WEBS?

Mommy22alyns
05-18-2007, 10:54 AM
This shouldn't be a problem, I know... I'm wanting to get some Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece for Monicas for my girls, and some of the Plymouth Galway Paint because it's gorgeous - probably a Booga or something.

My order's at about $45 right now - silly me, I want to get it up to $60 to get the 20% discount.

So, what else should I check out there? I don't need any needles or notions (I'm too in love with KP), so yarn only. And I need suggestions to go with the yarns too! :)

Luvmyrottnboy
05-18-2007, 01:43 PM
Web's Valley Goshen yarn is scrumpdeli-icious! Cotton, modal and a bit of silk. It is a dream to work with. I started a sweater with it a few weeks back and immediately ordered a boatload more.

Colrain is very nice too. I can't remember what the fiber mix is but I saw a crocheted sweater (from the "happy Hooker") made with Colrain on display at Webs last time I was there. It was really nice...soft with a pretty sheen.

Those would be my choices!

mwedzi
05-18-2007, 01:52 PM
I am working with Colrain at this very moment, well, like 10 minutes ago, and it is lovely to work with. It is a 50% merino 50% tencel blend, an amazing yarn for the price.

If you are at $45 now, you definitely have to get up to $60 for the discount, which will take you back down to $48. You can get $15 of yarn for $3 more.

Colrain, of course, is for cooler weather, but I'm hoping to finish up this sweater real soon since spring here is pretty cool. I have a ball of Goshen, too, haven't knitted with it yet, but it feels a whole lot like the KP Shine yarns to me, at least doesn't feel any nicer. But haven't knitted with it yet.

WEBS has such an enormous inventory, it's hard to advise you. Are you looking for summer or winter yarns? Fingering, sport, dk, worsted, chunky? Silk, wool, cotton, rayon? Yarns for stitch definition, ribbon yarns with glitz? :shrug:

BostonBecca
05-18-2007, 02:13 PM
I am so GRRRRRRR that the tent sale is the same weekend as my grad school graduation.

No tent sale for me :(

SandraEllen
05-18-2007, 02:41 PM
I am so GRRRRRRR that the tent sale is the same weekend as my grad school graduation.

No tent sale for me :(

I'm not so sure I could come to the same conclusion :twisted:

BostonBecca
05-18-2007, 03:35 PM
My mom flew into Boston all the way from Portland, Oregon for this (my graduation).

It's sooo hard not to go.

However, I did put my stash into a big rubbermaid tub I had with other stuff in it today and it didn't all fit!

I might order some yarn from their online store that is deeply discounted to make myself feel better.

I guess I can just look forward to the Massachusetts Sheep and Wool Festival, if I am not on the Vineyard that weekend. Blah.

Mommy22alyns
05-19-2007, 09:54 AM
WEBS has such an enormous inventory, it's hard to advise you. Are you looking for summer or winter yarns? Fingering, sport, dk, worsted, chunky? Silk, wool, cotton, rayon? Yarns for stitch definition, ribbon yarns with glitz? :shrug:

That's the problem - I don't have other projects in mind for the yarn or anything. :shifty:

debb
05-19-2007, 10:32 PM
Maybe it's time to try some Mmmmmmmmmalabrigo? :happydancing:

Mommy22alyns
05-21-2007, 10:51 AM
Maybe it's time to try some Mmmmmmmmmalabrigo? :happydancing:

*cough*ChezCasuelleSale*cough* :oops:

I suppose more couldn't hurt, huh? :think: