View Full Version : FOP's since I bought a new camera

05-18-2007, 07:41 PM
As you know, I put my expensive sony digital camera through a whole wash cycle and killed the poor thing. We were going to wait to buy another one, but our grandbaby is due in two weeks and I didn't want to use a film camera so I bought one today.

The peach sweater set is from two patterns, neither of which had my size of course so I had to do the best I could to adjust it bigger. I made the sleeves way too long and they are too big because I have lost about 35 lbs since I made this. I used Caron Simply Soft Light Country Peach.

The blue top is Estelle Dazzle in Carribean Surf. I had to make this pattern myself as I couldn't find anything that would have fit me.

The earflap hat is for my grandson for his birthday. He is in Cub Scouts so I made it Cub Scout colors using Caron One Pound in Sunflower and Royalty. I used the pattern from Knitt Gritty and made it smaller.

The last picture is my new knitting bag that my dd bought me for Mother's Day. Isn't it cool!

05-18-2007, 08:56 PM
I love that blue one :)

Jan in CA
05-18-2007, 09:31 PM
They all look wonderful!

05-18-2007, 09:55 PM
I love that blue one :)

It is a ribbon yarn and the only bad thing about it was it had a silver sort of glitter to it and I now have that stuff all over my house, on the carpets, the furniture, the bed upstairs where I laid it, etc. :lol:

I have a ton of it left and I may make a shawl to go with it as I made it to wear to go out to a special dinner when we are in Las Vegas in August.

05-18-2007, 09:56 PM
Congrats on the new gran!!! Love everything, I really love the peach!
BIG CONGRATS on your wt loss....I need to get back in the swing of things since I'm finally up and around again...thanks, you encouraged me :muah:

05-18-2007, 10:29 PM
Great job on the FOs!! Love the blue one - it's a good color for you!! TFS

05-19-2007, 10:30 AM
Oh my goodness. Another knitter I have to :notworthy: to. Everything looks perfect.

Jill A.
05-19-2007, 10:39 AM
I love the blue one on you!!!:heart::heart::heart:

My son just left cub scouts (he aged out) but I know if he saw the hat, he would love love love it!!

05-19-2007, 12:35 PM
Everything looks so wonderful! :cheering:

Congratulations on the new grandbaby!

No sending the new camera through the wash! :heart:

05-20-2007, 08:22 AM
The peach and the blue colors are both great for you. I love them, and your work is perfect. The new baby will be a boy, right? Or do I have you mixed up with somebody else?

05-20-2007, 08:55 AM
Yes, we are going to have another grandson. Our oldest (my avatar) will be 7 the end of June and this one is due June 4th, but now they are saying Jackson will be born probably a week earlier so we are thinking sometime along the week of Memorial Day. Time sure seems to have gone fast!

05-20-2007, 06:32 PM
Those sweaters look amazing on you.

And I love that hat! Don't you just love those one pound yarn balls?

05-21-2007, 01:54 PM
I love them all! Great job:cheering:

05-24-2007, 09:52 AM
Wow! you look cool and those sweaters great.The ear flap hat is wonderful.Belated happy Mothers day to you and all the Mommys on KH!(http://www.knittinghelp.com)