PDA

View Full Version : FOP's since I bought a new camera

nonny2t
05-18-2007, 07:41 PM
As you know, I put my expensive sony digital camera through a whole wash cycle and killed the poor thing. We were going to wait to buy another one, but our grandbaby is due in two weeks and I didn't want to use a film camera so I bought one today.

The peach sweater set is from two patterns, neither of which had my size of course so I had to do the best I could to adjust it bigger. I made the sleeves way too long and they are too big because I have lost about 35 lbs since I made this. I used Caron Simply Soft Light Country Peach.

The blue top is Estelle Dazzle in Carribean Surf. I had to make this pattern myself as I couldn't find anything that would have fit me.

The earflap hat is for my grandson for his birthday. He is in Cub Scouts so I made it Cub Scout colors using Caron One Pound in Sunflower and Royalty. I used the pattern from Knitt Gritty and made it smaller.

The last picture is my new knitting bag that my dd bought me for Mother's Day. Isn't it cool!

ADAllen
05-18-2007, 08:56 PM
I love that blue one :)

Jan in CA
05-18-2007, 09:31 PM
They all look wonderful!

nonny2t
05-18-2007, 09:55 PM
I love that blue one :)

It is a ribbon yarn and the only bad thing about it was it had a silver sort of glitter to it and I now have that stuff all over my house, on the carpets, the furniture, the bed upstairs where I laid it, etc. :lol:

I have a ton of it left and I may make a shawl to go with it as I made it to wear to go out to a special dinner when we are in Las Vegas in August.

rebecca
05-18-2007, 09:56 PM
Congrats on the new gran!!! Love everything, I really love the peach!
BIG CONGRATS on your wt loss....I need to get back in the swing of things since I'm finally up and around again...thanks, you encouraged me :muah:

baronreads
05-18-2007, 10:29 PM
Great job on the FOs!! Love the blue one - it's a good color for you!! TFS

Ronda
05-19-2007, 10:30 AM
Oh my goodness. Another knitter I have to :notworthy: to. Everything looks perfect.

Jill A.
05-19-2007, 10:39 AM
I love the blue one on you!!!:heart::heart::heart:

My son just left cub scouts (he aged out) but I know if he saw the hat, he would love love love it!!

sara_jayne
05-19-2007, 12:35 PM
Everything looks so wonderful! :cheering:

Congratulations on the new grandbaby!

No sending the new camera through the wash! :heart:

aprilbetty
05-20-2007, 08:22 AM
The peach and the blue colors are both great for you. I love them, and your work is perfect. The new baby will be a boy, right? Or do I have you mixed up with somebody else?

nonny2t
05-20-2007, 08:55 AM
Yes, we are going to have another grandson. Our oldest (my avatar) will be 7 the end of June and this one is due June 4th, but now they are saying Jackson will be born probably a week earlier so we are thinking sometime along the week of Memorial Day. Time sure seems to have gone fast!

amishgirl281
05-20-2007, 06:32 PM
Those sweaters look amazing on you.

And I love that hat! Don't you just love those one pound yarn balls?

KathyinCali
05-21-2007, 01:54 PM
I love them all! Great job:cheering:

dewdrops
05-24-2007, 09:52 AM
Wow! you look cool and those sweaters great.The ear flap hat is wonderful.Belated happy Mothers day to you and all the Mommys on KH!(http://www.knittinghelp.com)
:cheering: