PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Very Berry T-shirt New version

knitting frenzy
05-19-2007, 03:44 PM
I had to retrieve this t-shirt from my Grand daughter who could not put on the t-shirt because the neck hole was too small!

I added a placket and buttons. I think she will like it better.. At least she will be able to put it on for a start!

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s131/knittingfrenzy/IMG_4813.jpg

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s131/knittingfrenzy/IMG_4815.jpg

Fraggle
05-19-2007, 04:54 PM
Very nice.

Rennagayle
05-19-2007, 06:50 PM
Very cute, and I love the color. :)

nonny2t
05-20-2007, 09:01 AM
Love the sweater and she will love it too!

ritaw
05-20-2007, 10:34 AM
It looks great. Colour is lovely.

DragonTush
05-20-2007, 05:07 PM
That was a fantastic idea. I think you did a really good job!

Susan P.
05-21-2007, 05:03 AM
I think you folks who can modify a completed section are fabulously clever! It's a lovely piece and the yarn looks hard wearing and that may be important with a little one who will pull and tug at it :-) . I really like the design. It's a tad medieval (bottom section) and that makes the look unique I think.

Jan in CA
05-21-2007, 12:39 PM
That is just adorable!

knitting frenzy
05-22-2007, 10:03 AM
I think you folks who can modify a completed section are fabulously clever! It's a lovely piece and the yarn looks hard wearing and that may be important with a little one who will pull and tug at it :-) . I really like the design. It's a tad medieval (bottom section) and that makes the look unique I think.
I can send you the instructions if you like for changing this pattern. the pattern genesis is an interesting story. There are actually two competing patterns out there. one by Lu posted on her blog, and magknit.com and the other posted on Berroco web site.

The finished product looks the same but the instructions are completely different.

For some bizarre reason, I was browsing the web once and came across the very original genesis of this pattern in a very old magazine (from 1985 or so) it was a baby sweater pattern, the idea was developed in that pattern. I did not bother purchasing that old magazine, but I found this whole thing interesting.

But I actually changed the pattern one more time, to get a 15 stitch repeat in the lace pattern on the bottom of the shirt, so I adjusted the total stitches and the details for making up the shirt.
In the end, the neckline came out too tight, so I made a radical departure, and started knitting back and forth from the middle.
So I can send you this information if you like.

Take care