PDA

View Full Version : When you order yarn online...

Momto G B and H
05-20-2007, 09:02 PM
Do you expect that they will match dyelots? In my opinion stores should ask customers if they can't match dyelots online.
I just got some Noro in the mail that I ordered, and 2 were the same dyelot, 1 different. Since I'm making a Booga with it, it's going to work out OK but I can definitely tell the difference.
I ordered once from a store that asked me if it was OK to have 2 different dye lots. The store I got the Noro from didn't. I just checked my other color of Noro and they all match.
Just wondering how everyone else feels about this subject.

Braden
05-20-2007, 09:05 PM
Hmmm, that's weird, they usually always match dyelots if they have it in stock.

Susan P.
05-20-2007, 09:40 PM
One store I order from has a section on their online order form asking whether you want same dyelot or you don't mind. I've made two small orders from other online places and they didn't pose the question so on one that allowed 'notes' I commented. In the other instance I wound up stressing the issue in an email prior to making the order.

debb
05-20-2007, 10:39 PM
I always just assumed they matched dye lots in an order and would notify you if unable to do so. I always check when I get my order and have never had a problem.

dakatzmeow
05-20-2007, 10:54 PM
i would assume the same thing. i've always gotten matching dye lots with online orders. it's just in brick and mortar stores that i can't seem to find enough of what i need in the same dye lots.:oo:

KnittingNat
05-21-2007, 02:26 AM
If i buy on eBay, then the sellers usually mention the yarn being from the same dye lot...

Jax3303
05-21-2007, 07:38 AM
I don't expect them to match dyelots unless they have a disclaimer on their site that says they will try to match dye lots.

Ingrid
05-21-2007, 07:52 AM
I've always gotten the same dye lots. If they weren't available, I've gotten an email asking if it was ok to send different ones.:shrug: