PDA

View Full Version : Knitting Needle Holding Case - S&B

DeAnzaJig
05-20-2007, 10:25 PM
After learning how to use my grandmother's sewing machine at the end of last year, I couldn't wait to make the Stitch & Bee-otch Knitting Needle Holding Case!

With a little help from my SIL, I attached the ribbon tonight and it's done. The upholstery fabric is thick and I broke two needles trying to sew it up, but I learned how to replace a broken needle.

I took these pictures on my camera phone, so I hope they came out OK. Notice how my knitting needles are being guarded by dogs? :lol:

Now my sticks aren't stuck in a pile at the bottom of my knitting bag.

auburnchick
05-20-2007, 11:30 PM
Oh wow! That is beautiful! GREAT job!

Susan P.
05-21-2007, 05:00 AM
Indeed it is beautiful. Sometimes classic fabrics looks great on classic designs. Functionality AND beauty. Well done!

Hygiene Mama
05-21-2007, 11:44 AM
Very nice! That's one of my summer projects.

marykz
05-22-2007, 09:04 AM
So pretty! love the fabrics! FYI- they make special heavy duty needles for upholstery and denim... good job!

Doublereeder2
05-22-2007, 09:52 AM
Nice case and choice of fabrics! I want one too! You have inspired me to get out my sewing machine :happydance:

sara_jayne
05-22-2007, 10:10 AM
:cheering: Fabulous job!

dakatzmeow
05-22-2007, 11:52 AM
that looks cool! i made one that is felted and it is just too thick. i should get out my sewing machine and make one of these. great job!

DeAnzaJig
05-22-2007, 05:26 PM
Thanks for all the compliments! I can't wait to see more finished needle cases! :lol:

Thanks for the tip, marykz ! I learn so many new things here.

marykz
05-22-2007, 07:23 PM
Thanks for all the compliments! I can't wait to see more finished needle cases! :lol:

Thanks for the tip, marykz ! I learn so many new things here.

Isn't KH great? I learned the hard way too about the needles- no one told me I should use a new (sewing machine) needle for every new project! and boy that has made a real difference for me. the other specialty needle that is fabulous is the kind for sewing jersey or knit fabric. I want to make some dresses that have a knitted bodice and jersey skirt for the little one, so finding that needle has been a godsend. it doesn't split the thread of the fabric so it keeps its stretchyness.....

(ok- I'll shut up now!!)
Did I say I loved those fabrics?!

zip
05-22-2007, 10:38 PM
It's lovely! You've inspired me. I have a pattern to make one and I have some bronze taffetta to line it with that I didn't use for the purpose bought. Must go round up the exterior fabric.