PDA

View Full Version : OT- Ungrateful people

PaperGirl
05-21-2007, 05:00 PM
My hubby has been gone in Europe for TWO weeks busting his butt and working nearly 18 hours a day there..

He offered to pick up a keychain for his friends collection while there.

He had seriously, NO free time except to sleep untill the last TWO days he was there.

He managed to find ONE keychain, in Paris, on a day when all the shops were CLOSED due to a French holiday, or something...(thats why he couldnt bring me any yarn..the ONE yarn shop he found was closed due to that holiday :doh:....)

It was a tiny Eiffel Tower...really cute!

Gives it to his friend...and whats his wife do?

"We already have one of these."

:hair:

A tiny petty rant, but MAN. DH looked EVERYWHERE he could when he had time. Work had him SO busy, and the places he went werent exactly shop worthy. C'mon, he spent all his time in farms, orchards, and offices. Not really the best shopping at a cow farm, you know?

Am I wrong in wanting to take that keychain BACK and keep it for myself?
:roflhard:

Knitting_Guy
05-21-2007, 05:01 PM
Some people were born without a common sense gene and are often also missing the politeness one as well.

Nobones
05-21-2007, 05:06 PM
I'd ram it..... never mind. Sigh and take comfort in the fact you have good manners and wouldn't do something like that.

VickyS456
05-21-2007, 05:07 PM
Oh how nervy! Next time she wants a souvenir, I'd tell her to look on eBay!

stitchwitch
05-21-2007, 05:16 PM
Some people were born without a common sense gene and are often also missing the politeness one as well.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

misstialouise
05-21-2007, 06:26 PM
A person with some class would have just said "Thank you, it's lovely"..

It really irks me when people who ASK for a souvenier, are then ungracious about what they get.

snowbear
05-21-2007, 07:11 PM
Just ditto what Mason said...

Kill them with kindness.... You'll be the better person.. don't lower yourself to their level..

Then when you're alone beat your pillow..lol

Mariblue
05-21-2007, 09:35 PM
Yeah, what Mason said.

KnitClickChick
05-21-2007, 09:45 PM
What a crummy attitude! :ick: I wouldn't want friends like that!!
I have gotten some really rotten gifts over the years : a necklace made of dried corn kernels and wooden beads "from the Goddess of Fertility"... from boyfriends mother, that she made under the full moon; an absolutely hideous wooden fertility statue from Mexico, from his dad... :rollseyes: Gee, is that a HINT??? Anyhow, I politely thanked them even though I was thinking nasty thoughts. I would never disrepect them by telling them what I really thought. Whatever happened to "it's the thought that counts"????

cathoo
05-21-2007, 10:13 PM
Sounds like your hubby's friend's wife is a little bitter about the keychain collection... If someone bought you a gift of yarn from their trip, would you complain that you already had 3 skeins of it? I thought not. Would your totally supportive significant other make that statement? I would hope not!

ETA: Was it the collector/hubby's friend that said "oh I already have three" or was it his wife? I may be confused

PaperGirl
05-22-2007, 11:53 AM
It was his wife that said it.

My 5 year old and 4 year old were totally enthralled with the Lithuanian money that he brought home....I told DH that he should have given dd the keychain....LOL!